Add an Empyrean -> Reward Merit Conversion

On 8/24/2022 at 10:37 AM, Oklahoman said:

I'm going to be interested to see how doling out RMs for iTrials is going to impact everything. I mentioned in the feedback thread that this change means everyone - even casual gamers who aren't especially chasing RMs - is now going to have hundreds of them falling into their laps per week. Seems like that could potentially have a greater effect on the game than those few people converting Emps to RMs. But, what do I know? May not be a big deal.

BTW: Sold 2 Prismatic Aether's on /ah for 100 million each last night, so maybe jump on that little Gamestop of a thing while it lasts if costumes don't matter to you.

thanks Okla! I told 2 for 30 mil. Seems the price is stabilizing. 

*turns red-faced, sputters, flails, and gives inarticulate scream*

Okay, sure. If players have Empyreans they can't use, why not? I don't care if others use their Empyreans for money.

I would rather we have a better way of transferring Empyreans to our alts. Seriously, I have to send 5 e-mails to an alt for a single Empyrean? And it takes 8 (40 e-mails) for a rare component and 30 (150 e-mails) for a very rare component? Ugh. Not going to argue against players finding a use for their Empyreans though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

I read your post just fine.  As you said, people may literally have thousands of EMP merits.  So what?  This has never been an issue before nor is it likely to ever be one.  Sure, it is possible every player would cash out every EMP merit all at once.  It is also possible to get struck by lightning or win the lottery.   Again, even if that did happen, so what?  That does not mean it will crash the economy.  It should be clear now there are quite a lot of players who were converting these to reward merits for Winter IOs, ATOs or Purple Recipes or to buy recipes from the merit vendor for their alts, which is not going to cause inflation or whatever other detrimental thing you seem to be concerned about.  No doubt there are already trillionaires in the game and the economy has not crashed because of them.  

Ok, fine. You read it correctly. You just utterly failed completely to understand the possibility I was proposing. 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

23 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I've always just dragged the Emp into the box in a new email, then put a single character in the text line. E for Emp. One email per. 

*jaw drops* *logs back into game and tries* *cries*

... don't I feel sheepish now... thanks. I always thought we had to convert them at Luna to send them. This will save me a lot of headache.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

*jaw drops* *logs back into game and tries* *cries*

... don't I feel sheepish now... thanks. I always thought we had to convert them at Luna to send them. This will save me a lot of headache.

Though if you want to send 50 in one chunk, convert 50 to a transcendent and send that

5 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

Well no, I understood you fine.  I just disagree with you on the likelihood of it ever happening. 

I totally agree with that statement. It does have a small likelihood of ever happening.

So you're telling me there's a chance.

• Haha 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

Okay, I am just here to vent! If it was so damn game wrecking to convert a few EM to RM then why not at least offer a way to convert them into something useful? Why can't we sell them on the market? And out of all the things the developers could have spent time on to make this better for everyone, how could this possible be a high priority? I just don't get it......I enjoy playing my lvl 50s and don't really farm all that much. It seems it would have been much better to nerf farming rewards as they were going to by not allowing Vet lvls to be farmed. They could have doubled the conversion rate as well and that would have fixed the problem, too. But penalize the average player to rebuke the abusers.....I don't get that. And the whole point of where was I when this was in beta crap, well I don't happen to enjoy playing in the beta environment, I like actually playing on teams and having fun, so I don't spend a lot of time on the forums either but this just grinds my gears is all, otherwise I would not be here right now as evidently the only people who spend large amounts of time here get a voice.

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, @Follies said:

Okay, I am just here to vent! If it was so damn game wrecking to convert a few EM to RM then why not at least offer a way to convert them into something useful? Why can't we sell them on the market?

In addition to being a precious resource for Incarnates, you are free to convert them into threads, convert those threads into Ultimates, and… you guessed it! Sell them on the market.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 3:11 PM, arcane said:

In addition to being a precious resource for Incarnates, you are free to convert them into threads, convert those threads into Ultimates, and… you guessed it! Sell them on the market.

If this option was on a par with the merit conversion, why wouldn't the people who were that target of the nerf simply continue to farm the emps and then do the thread--ultimate--sell on the market thing? If doing this conversion is roughly as valuable as the merit conversion was, then what was the point of the nerf? 

If they aren't roughly equivalent, then this comment is completely disingenuous. Hey, you can still make money! (it just sucks compared to what you were making but we're gonna gloss that over).