Base Editor Changes: Things We'd All Like to See

Dacy

I would really like to see a basic base template that can be clicked on and set in place. Maybe a one room base with one salvage and one ENH storage spot. Maybe a recipe table also. The Teleporter can be set up with links to maybe four zones. 

My thought on this is that it would be nice for people who just need a quick base for occasional use. It would also be a nice jumping off point for anyone just getting their feet wet in base building. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

1 hour ago, Arc-Mage said:

I would really like to see a basic base template that can be clicked on and set in place. Maybe a one room base with one salvage and one ENH storage spot. Maybe a recipe table also. The Teleporter can be set up with links to maybe four zones. 

My thought on this is that it would be nice for people who just need a quick base for occasional use. It would also be a nice jumping off point for anyone just getting their feet wet in base building. 

I was going to make this recommendation too.

A few simple options would nice.

Also want to add.

Some way to promote base building? I set aside one game day and that is all I do.

We have Costume Contests, server-wide and game wide, I have a character that won one on Indom 🙂

Maybe something similar for bases. Some sort of trophy you could put in your base?

• Thumbs Up 1

/e poofgone

• Community Rep
2 hours ago, JasperStone said:

Some way to promote base building? I set aside one game day and that is all I do.

We have Costume Contests, server-wide and game wide, I have a character that won one on Indom 🙂

Maybe something similar for bases. Some sort of trophy you could put in your base?

A couple of years ago, homecoming held a base contest that was server wide. Winners got 5000 merits and a title, much like the costume contest winners get. However, it was just on one character, and wasn’t on the base at all.

I would love it if homecoming would figure a way to make loading screen messages for bases that we could input information onto to claim ownership or indicate awards. Or, so nothing inappropriate was put there, have the banner be automatically imbued with the global of whomever has spent time in the editor, and the character name of the leader. 

As for promotion, I have made videos of base tours, although I have not done one in a little while now because they are very time intensive.  I know there are others and some streamers who are interested in doing tours.

-Dacy 

Edited by Dacy
  • Thumbs Up 2

The wrecked cars in the Galaxy City tutorial map.  They're different than the wrecked cars we already have access to.

Also police cars and police vans.  And I think there's a damaged tank in RWZ...  we have the military vehicles in general, but not the broken one.

My scrapyard needs more broken stuff.

Edited by Player2

• 4 weeks later

Ooooh I have seen a few suggestions about sizing objects larger or smaller and I totally agree on that.

Bigger tables, bigger washing machines, bigger fridge/freezers etc.
Smaller carpets, smaller beds, smaller fences etc.

And also this is a bump comment yet again. I've forgotten completely to do these as often as I thought I would, but here it is!

Devs? Could we have your attention please? Pretty please? ❤️

On 10/25/2022 at 9:54 AM, Etched said:

I like to make big maps and what i'd like to see is buildings. I'm not talking about houses like what you can already lay out but i'm talking about 10 stories or more.  I want to make  a city... a big city.  🙂 

It's already possible to build vertically. Outside the base. Speak to "KingofMonkeys" (Discord handle). His base on Torchbearer has a multilevel castle that is insanely complex and extremely impressive. He enjoys people checking it out. Entry code: pizza-2544. Don't forget to look for the sleeping dragon in the semi hidden cave. I'm sure KoM could give pointers on how he constructed the castle.

On 10/25/2022 at 7:54 AM, Etched said:

I like to make big maps and what i'd like to see is buildings. I'm not talking about houses like what you can already lay out but i'm talking about 10 stories or more.  I want to make  a city... a big city.  🙂 

Given plot size limitations and the size of the buildings you are asking for, you won't even get a city block. I'm not against adding things like skyscrapers to the base editor, just saying the base size limits what you will be able to do.

(Also, if you haven't checked it out, you should check out that castle @Shandirra gave the base code to. It's insanely impressive. Just keep your distance from the dragon. The illusion breaks if you get too close. Really impressive work though. I can't even imagine the time and effort it took to make that base.)

Edit: Also, explore all the doors in the castle. It gets confusing, but it's worth it. There is what looks like a treasure room that you can see but not reach and a room with a pool of sharks in the castle itself. And every part of the castle (except for what looks like the treasury) is accessible in some way. Insanely impressive.

Edited by Rudra

• 8 months later

Could we have different sizes or different looks on the salvage racks and buff stations pretty please?  These are most difficult to hide behind walls and other objects to do the their sizes and the way they look.  I spend most of my time trying to find where I can hide them without showing a bit of the original salvage rack or the buff station.  If not possible, how about making the hidden markers on them bigger?  Trying to hide the mystic crucible behind a wall is impossible 😞

I need different wall sizes so if I want to build a fireplace with a wall above it, I can. Trying to build realistic apartments/houses for players has me pulling out my hair.

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

some generic base templates with full amenities gets my vote. 

I've been living in a box for years but whenever I even try to think about base creation............well lets just say I find something else to do rather quickly.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

54 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

some generic base templates with full amenities gets my vote. 

I've been living in a box for years but whenever I even try to think about base creation............well lets just say I find something else to do rather quickly.

There are players that will build your base for you if you tell them what you want. If you're on Everlasting... or Torchbearer... I help others build their bases. There are others that do too.

• Community Rep
On 7/6/2023 at 7:28 AM, tealzaire said:

Could we have different sizes or different looks on the salvage racks and buff stations pretty please?  These are most difficult to hide behind walls and other objects to do the their sizes and the way they look.  I spend most of my time trying to find where I can hide them without showing a bit of the original salvage rack or the buff station.  If not possible, how about making the hidden markers on them bigger?  Trying to hide the mystic crucible behind a wall is impossible 😞

While I can't help you with the different looking items, I can help you with disguising them!  They can all be completely and I mean COMPLETELY hidden and represented however you would like.

-Dacy

• 1 month later