Broadsword..which AT?

The_Warpact

Broadsword is a heavy hitter, right? So I would probably want to make big numbers with either Scrapper or Stalker crits.

As for Secondary, because you have Parry you want anything that's not a pure Defense set, and nothing that's going to make enemies run away from melee (Burn).  However, a Defense set would allow you to delete Parry from your rotation or build if you desired.

So that gives you Dark, Elec, Shield, Willpower, Regen, Rad, and Bio.  Invuln has both Resists and Defenses, but the defenses are Typed so don't stack with Parry.

Sword and Board is a fun look and Katana can't take Shield Defense so that would be my first pick.

• Thumbs Up 3

War I have a BS/SD stalker that does well. The Parry conundrum discussed above helps hit incarnate soft cap defenses (not hard mode defense mind you). That said I would only make a resistance based armor set on a scrapper/stalker if I was already going to reasonably soft cap defenses with my build or I was drunk and play it off like I was building for theme (a la my Jewish dredel TW/Elec scrapper that runs whirlwind).

75% hard capped resistance vs 90% hard capped resistance is normally too much of a difference for me. That said Invulnerability works amazing on a stalker.

My BS/SD likes AAO saturated Head Splitters and that works reasonably well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I ultimately went with a stalker and chose /dark. Got some great numbers on the build from Mids which helped cinch it for me.

I agree with both above statements about a res based set and that's one of the reasons I went that route.

• Thumbs Up 2

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Dude, seriously?

How could you not make a Broadsword/Willpower Scrapper (or Brute)?

highlander-there-can-be-only-one.gif

There can be only one!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

I like BS on a Scrapper or Stalker for big Head Splitter crits.   I've tried it on a Brute and it works fine, but the gap with Katana widens somewhat with Kat's superior DPS and easier fury generation.  Never tried it on a Tanker.

For secondaries, I mained a BS/WP Scrapper for ages on live.  Parry compliments WP's layered, regen-focused mitigation incredibly well (and works well thematically as a bonus).  For a more modern feel, Bio would probably produce even better results with the added bonus of more damage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Dude, seriously?

How could you not make a Broadsword/Willpower Scrapper (or Brute)?

highlander-there-can-be-only-one.gif

There can be only one!

True..I still have yet to level a WP anything. But, Macleod was katana...now the Kurgan on the other hand.

• Like 2

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Yes, The Kurgan is clearly a BS/WP Brute. (Tank maybe... ok, probably not.)

Happy Halloween, Ladies!

Kurgan_(Highlander).jpg

Nuns. No sense of humor.

• Haha 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Yes, The Kurgan is clearly a BS/WP Brute. (Tank maybe... ok, probably not.)

Happy Halloween, Ladies!

Kurgan_(Highlander).jpg

Nuns. No sense of humor.

And this is the point in Catholic school that I got my knuckles wacked with a steel ruler....

• Haha 2

The most amazing crit ever ... Headsplitter in  which I not only caught 2 foes on that swing but critted on both the minion and the Lieutenant standing behind him.  *poof* went the red con minion and orange con lieutenant.

Mine is and was a BS/Regen who's speciality was running the old Posi via Ouro with an SG mate nearly daily for a while on Live.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 2:07 PM, drgantz said:

Are there any ATs in which BS is better than Kat?

The broadsword/katana debate has been going on for decades.  I think the numbers will generally tell you that katana is marginally better in the damage per animation realm, but I don't know if that takes scrapper/stalker crits into account.

The real question is do you want to be using two hands, like a wimp, or one hand, like a real woman/man/hugester?!  Secondary question, what weapon skins do you prefer?

To OP:  I'm partial to scrappers nowadays, so that would be my vote.  But with stalker and BS/DA, no one is going to see your beautiful sword anyway, so do as you will!

Who run Bartertown?

On 9/13/2022 at 11:07 AM, drgantz said:

Are there any ATs in which BS is better than Kat?

The shield defense AT. 

Seriously though I'd probably actually say stalker since quickly one or two hitting things into oblivion is kinda their thing, so the better damage over time dps of katana doesn't matter as much most of the time (AV's the exception).  Scrappers could also lean that way, so as already mentioned stalker/scrapper would be the way I'd go if I wanted to do BS.

• Thumbs Up 1