Fire/Dark/Soul Corruptor Build Help

Hellclaw

Hello. Been going back and forth on this build for a while, looking for feedback.

Plan is to play in both solo (thinking +1x8?) and groups, and kick ass in both.

image.png.51431b5c579812c530a0aded19c0ee63.png

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Dark Miasma
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Fire Blast

• (A) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (3) Superior Scourging Blast - RechargeTime/PBAoE +End
  • (3) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 1: Twilight Grasp

• (A) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Endurance
  • (11) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery
  • (40) Numina's Convalesence - Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Recharge
  • (42) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Endurance/Recharge
  • (42) Numina's Convalesence - Heal

Level 2: Fire Ball

• (A) Bombardment - Chance for Fire Damage
  • (5) Bombardment - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (5) Bombardment - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge/Endurance
  • (9) Bombardment - Damage/Recharge
  • (50) Bombardment - Accuracy/Recharge/Endurance

Level 4: Tar Patch

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 6: Rain of Fire

• (A) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (7) Superior Scourging Blast - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (7) Superior Scourging Blast - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (11) Superior Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize

Level 8: Darkest Night

• (A) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Endurance
  • (13) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff
  • (9) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Recharge/Endurance
  • (50) Dark Watcher's Despair - Chance for Recharge Slow

Level 10: Teleport

• (A) Warp - Endurance/Range

Level 12: Howling Twilight

• (A) Absolute Amazement - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (15) Absolute Amazement - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge

Level 14: Kick

• (A) Empty

Level 16: Shadow Fall

• (A) Kismet - Defense/Endurance
  • (17) Kismet - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (17) Kismet - Defense/Recharge
  • (31) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

Level 18: Blaze

• (A) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage
  • (19) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Damage/Recharge
  • (19) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (21) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (21) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (34) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Recharge/Chance for Negative Energy Damage

Level 20: Fearsome Stare

• (A) Nightmare - Accuracy/Fear/Recharge
  • (23) Nightmare - Fear/Range
  • (23) Nightmare - Endurance/Fear

Level 22: Hasten

• (25) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 24: Maneuvers

• (25) Kismet - Defense/Recharge
  • (31) Kismet - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (34) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (37) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance

Level 26: Blazing Bolt

• (A) Sting of the Manticore - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • (27) Sting of the Manticore - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (27) Sting of the Manticore - Accuracy/Damage
  • (29) Sting of the Manticore - Damage/Endurance
  • (29) Sting of the Manticore - Damage/Interrupt/Recharge

Level 28: Tough

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (31) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (37) Steadfast Protection - Knockback Protection
  • (37) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

Level 30: Tactics

• (A) HamiO:Cytoskeleton Exposure
  • (46) HamiO:Cytoskeleton Exposure

Level 32: Inferno

• (A) Fury of the Gladiator - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (33) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage
  • (33) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (34) Superior Avalanche - Damage/Endurance

Level 35: Soul Drain

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up
  • (36) Obliteration - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (36) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (36) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge

Level 38: Dark Servant

• (A) Trap of the Hunter - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (39) Trap of the Hunter - Endurance/Immobilize
  • (39) Trap of the Hunter - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (39) Trap of the Hunter - Immobilize/Accuracy
  • (40) Trap of the Hunter - Accuracy/Immobilize/Recharge
  • (50) Trap of the Hunter - Chance of Damage(Lethal)

Level 41: Dark Embrace

• (A) Impervious Skin - Status Resistance/Regeneration
  • (42) Impervious Skin - Resistance/Endurance
  • (43) Impervious Skin - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge
  • (43) Impervious Skin - Endurance/Recharge
  • (43) Impervious Skin - Resistance/Recharge

Level 44: Summon Mistress

• (A) Call to Arms - Defense Bonus Aura for Pets
  • (45) Call to Arms - Endurance/Damage/Recharge
  • (45) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (45) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (46) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Damage

Level 47: Weave

• (48) Kismet - Defense/Recharge
  • (48) Kismet - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (48) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 49: Power Boost

Level 1: Scourge 

Level 1: Brawl

Edited by Hellclaw
Better format for build

Hi, nice work, Hellclaw! I think this is a strong build. I do have a few suggestions below for tweaking it, but I also recently posted a DP/Dark build in this forum. You could look at the /Dark portion of that build to see what I did, and I'd love if you shared your thoughts on it.

The few things I noticed:

• Luck of the Gambler +7.5% global recharge is not a unique IO. You can put one in every defense power you have, and you should. Right now you have only slotted one in weave; you should put one in Maneuvers and one in Shadow Fall, too. That's 15% global recharge right there. Lots of builds try to get 5 defense powers and slot 5 LotGs... they're that good (but 5 is the max).
  • Instead of Kismet for your defense powers, I'd go with LotG. Having a max level of 30 constrains the amount of +def you're getting. I usually slot LotG global recharge, defense, and defense/end in my defense powers, and I find those three slots get me by. If you could slim down to that, you'd have a lot more slots for other powers. Now, you'd lose the 6+% s/l resist from the Kismet, but...
  • ... you could make up for it by slotting up Tough and Dark Embrace. Right now those powers are underslotted for Resistance. The Impervious Skin set in Dark Embrace could be better, I think. Again, it's a set with a max level of 30, and that hurts your bonuses. Many people use Unbreakable Guard... I like that set for its melee defense bonus. But, anything to boost the numbers a bit on these powers.
  • Teleport is a fun movement power, but the pool doesn't allow you much in the way of slotting bonuses. Flight and Leaping have defense powers that can take an LotG global recharge. (You'll notice in my build that I took teleport, too, but I noted that it has compromises).
  • Right now, Fluffy (Dark Servant) is slotted for Hold (for the defense bonus). Thing is, Fluffy only has one hold power. I've noticed people slotting -to-hit for Fluffy, which enhances all his powers (which all have a -to-hit component). You can also add procs, which I believe have a chance to fire every time he casts a spell. Gives him a little extra damage. I honestly am experimenting with Fluffy slotting and I'd be curious what other people have to say about it.
  • Howling Twilight is slotted for accuracy right now, and I believe it's auto-hit. It doesn't take accuracy enhancements, at any rate. Maybe just slot with +rech.
  • Soul drain vs. Dark Consumption. In my build, I took Dark for my epic, rather than Soul, though I strongly considered both. Mainly I decided on Dark because I don't have any other End recovery options. There are long battles - especially solo - where you'll run short on end, and I wanted to be able to get some extra gas for those fights.
  • I'd be curious what others think about this, but you might be overslotted on your Twilight Grasp. I know this is a hallmark Dark power, but when you're running solo, you're not going to have lots of time to fire it off. Here and there to top you off (and debuff a boss' regen), but frequent use wrecks your DPS. It just takes so long to animate, I put four slots in mine. I might be biased by being mostly a solo player - it's probably more of a workhorse on a team. Again, curious what others say.
  • I've never used Summon Mistress. I'm curious how good it is... let me know.
  • Last thing... right now most of your attacks aren't six-slotted. If you end up saving some slots off your defense powers, maybe drop them on your attacks. Get another level of IO bonus, or a bit more recharge or end reduction. When you're solo, you gotta be your own DPS, and I find that I don't want to scrimp on attacks.

I guess that turned out to be a lot of comments, If you ignore them all, you'll still have a strong build. But I hope something I wrote inspires you to squeeze out a little more juice from Mids! Good luck!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks robopop.

I realized that this build is actually much worse than it seemed... I only reach softcap with Power Boost on, so it's only relevant for short bursts.

I simply can't reach ranged def softcap, but with Fearsome Stare in the rotation + Dark Servant I feel like most enemies I fight will have some -ToHit to help mitigate some damage anyway...

Assuming I can't hit softcap, what are some <45% breakpoints that are good to aim for? I'm used to building tanks where the build goals (softcaps and hardcaps) are clear as day, but for these hybrid, ranged character builds I'm not 100% sure what I should be aiming for...

You can hit ranged softcap, but you have to give up some global recharge to do it. That's maybe an acceptable trade-off in this build, where you're not trying to perma- anything. I took your build and just changed a couple of things, and this gets you to softcap (with 61% S/L resist):

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Power Pool: Teleportation
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Fire Blast -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(3), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 1: Twilight Grasp -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(40), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(40), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(42), NmnCnv-Heal(42)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(5), Artl-Dam/Rech(5), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(9), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(37), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(50)
Level 4: Tar Patch -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Rain of Fire -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(11)
Level 8: Darkest Night -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(13), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(9), DarWtcDsp-Slow%(50)
Level 10: Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 12: Howling Twilight -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Shadow Fall -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17), LucoftheG-Def(17), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31)
Level 18: Blaze -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(34)
Level 20: Fearsome Stare -- Ngh-Acc/Fear/Rchg(A), Ngh-Fear/Rng(23), Ngh-EndRdx/Fear(23)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-Def(31), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(27), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(29), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 28: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31), GldArm-End/Res(36), GldArm-ResDam(37), UnbGrd-Max HP%(37)
Level 30: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A), HO:Cyto(46)
Level 32: Inferno -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Dam%(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(34)
Level 35: Soul Drain -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36)
Level 38: Dark Servant -- TraoftheH-Acc/Rchg(A), TraoftheH-EndRdx/Immob(39), TraoftheH-Acc/EndRdx(39), TraoftheH-Immob/Acc(39), TraoftheH-Acc/Immob/Rchg(40), TraoftheH-Dam%(50)
Level 41: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(43), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Summon Mistress -- BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(A), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(45), BldMnd-Acc/EndRdx(45), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), BldMnd-Acc(46), BldMnd-Dmg(48)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 49: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Prv-Absorb%(46)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(13), EndMod-I(15)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Support Radial Embodiment 
------------

As you point out, though, Dark has other tools to make enemies not hit. Fearsome Stare and Darkest Night are two of those, plus Fluffy's debuffs help out. If you get a -15% to-hit debuff on the mobs, then you only need 30% defense to essentially be at softcap. I try to build for 32.5%, because that means a single luck inspiration will get me to softcap. In the build I posted the other day, I went for 32.5% in both melee and ranged. It does make the build more manageable (and allow for more +recharge) if you aim for the lower numbers. But soft-capped range is possible. Cheers!

2 hours ago, FUBARczar said:

If you are using Soul Drain why do you want to stay at range? And why make Soul Drain riskier to use with a focus on range defense?

Would you recommend getting >30% in melee as well, then? And don't work so hard for the ranged softcap?

7 minutes ago, robopop said:

Would you recommend getting >30% in melee as well, then? And don't work so hard for the ranged softcap?

I know that to many of the most dedicated buffers/debuffers in the game, ahem @Voltak, I am a little sick in the head for my love of a good ground game.   

I'll post my Psi/Dark when I get home, but **spoiler alert** I use combat jump and not hover because when I use Soul Drains and my Nuke I want to be right there in the right place.  I also want my heal to hit those fighting in the pocket.

Edited by FUBARczar
Damn autocorrect every time

Psychic Blast / Dark Miasma / Dark Mastery

Positional Melee 45 and Range 42

Level 50 Natural Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Psychic Blast
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Subdue -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Twilight Grasp -- TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(A), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(3), TchoftheN-Heal(3)
Level 2: Psionic Lance -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dam%(5), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(5), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(7), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Apc-Dam%(9)
Level 4: Tar Patch -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Telekinetic Blast -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(17), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(19), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(48)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(21), Rct-ResDam%(21), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(23), WntGif-ResSlow(23)
Level 12: Will Domination -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(25), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(25), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31), GldArm-3defTpProc(33)
Level 16: Shadow Fall -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34)
Level 18: Weave -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(36), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(36), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(37)
Level 20: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(37), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(39)
Level 22: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 24: Darkest Night -- HO:Enzym(A)
Level 26: Howling Twilight -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(40), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Rgn-Knock%(40)
Level 28: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(42)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(42), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Obl-%Dam(45)
Level 35: Oppressive Gloom -- AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(45)
Level 38: Dark Consumption -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(45)
Level 41: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 44: Soul Drain -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(47), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(47), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(47), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(48), GssSynFr--Build%(48)
Level 47: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Soul Transfer -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9), Pnc-Heal/+End(11)
Level 2: Stamina -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(11), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(13), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(13), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(15), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(15)
Level 28: Speed Phase 
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Born In Battle 
Level 50: High Pain Threshold 
Level 50: Invader 
Level 50: Marshal 
------------

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Hellclaw said:

I realized that this build is actually much worse than it seemed... I only reach softcap with Power Boost on, so it's only relevant for short bursts.

Not a bad build at all.

We almost all have builds with room for improvement, fiddling, and/or overclocking one aspect of a specialized build. Some good points have been made already so let me add:

/Dark and defense: Shooting for just over 30% can be as effective as soft capping.. *G A S P*

With /Dark there is much less stress to get to the softcap, especially teaming and +1/8. Go ahead and lean into the dark side of you character.

• Fearsome Stare at lvl twenty has 15% -tohit 45 degree arc 70 foot range
  • Fearsome Stare can get bumped up to 20% -tohit
  • Fearsome Stare is fairly easy to perma
  • Can be supplemented with the heal Twilight Grasp (-5%) and toggle Darkest Night (-15%)
  • -tohit doesn't care about Type or Positional defense

So rather than gimping a character chasing the softcaps, there can be a lot more flexibility. One of my characters leverages 46% -tohit.

Spoiler
 Twilight Grasp 1

Ranged, Foe -Regen, -DMG, -To-Hit, Team Heal (1 target)

Tar Patch 2  Ranged (Location AoE), Foe -SPD, -Jump, -Fly, -Res(All)
 Darkest Night 4  Toggle: Ranged (Targeted AoE), Foe -DMG, -To-Hit (16 targets)
 Howling Twilight 10  Ranged (Targeted AoE), Minor DMG(Negative), Foe Disorient, -Regen, -Recharge, -SPD, Ally Rez
 Shadow Fall 16  Toggle: PBAoE, Team Stealth, +DEF(All), +Res(Energy, Negative, Psionics, Fear)
 Fearsome Stare 20  Ranged (Cone), Foe Fear, -To-Hit (16 targets)

note:

/Dark comes into it's own fairly early

I prefer not to plan builds with Incarnates. I like to plan for the first 50 levels and might even do level 30 and level 40 builds. I'll save doing an Incarnate build for when I get there, or close.

Edited by Troo
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

7 hours ago, FUBARczar said:

I know that to many of the most dedicated buffers/debuffers in the game, ahem @Voltak, I am a little sick in the head for my love of a good ground game.   

I'll post my Psi/Dark when I get home, but **spoiler alert** I use combat jump and not hover because when I use Soul Drains and my Nuke I want to be right there in the right place.  I also want my heal to hit those fighting in the pocket.

Since this is a build for the very easy content of the game, I will say that it's hard to mess up a build, or I can say that you can make anything work in very easy mode. 

I can jump in when the OP wants a build for the hardest content of the game. 

Yeah, Fubar plays a ground game, and I don't as a corruptor. 

I can do the heals and everything he talks about while hovering.  It's a matter of getting your distance measurement or feel right.  
It's a matter of skill to be able to be that close but also far enough to still benefit of the range defense number. 

But, hey, anything FUbar and other Expert Dark Miasma players recommend, I would value greatly. 
I am not the only Dark Miasma Expert, not by a long a long shot. 

1 hour ago, Voltak said:

Since this is a build for the very easy content of the game, I will say that it's hard to mess up a build, or I can say that you can make anything work in very easy mode. 

Yeah, Fubar plays a ground game, and I don't as a corruptor. 

I can do the heals and everything he talks about while hovering.  It's a matter of getting your distance measurement or feel right.  
It's a matter of skill to be able to be that close but also far enough to still benefit of the range defense number. 

But, hey, anything FUbar and other Expert Dark Miasma players recommend, I would value greatly. 
I am not the only Dark Miasma Expert, not by a long a long shot. 

lol, it's also the build I duo'd with you and tanked for you our +4/8 ITF (no insp/deaths/temps/p2w) in 46 mins was it?  This is what I run for Hardmode as well without dying more than an errant Hostless or super smash from the twins or missed Rom special whammy

8 minutes ago, FUBARczar said:

lol, it's also the build I duo'd with you and tanked for you our +4/8 ITF (no insp/deaths/temps/p2w) in 46 mins was it?  This is what I run for Hardmode as well without dying more than an errant Hostless or super smash from the twins or missed Rom special whammy

41 mins, right?

I am not knocking it down, brother. 
Just saying a hover corr can cast soul drain as well , just takes a little bit more skill or practice to get the distance down right. 
Flying is more difficult than on the ground running.  
That is the disadvantage of flying, the mechanics, the controls are not as easy as running. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voltak said:

41 mins, right?

I am not knocking it down, brother. 
Just saying a hover corr can cast soul drain as well , just takes a little bit more skill or practice to get the distance down right. 
Flying is more difficult than on the ground running.  
That is the disadvantage of flying, the mechanics, the controls are not as easy as running. 

it can soul drain also perhaps, but not as well as  haha

My point earlier is that getting close but not too close with little to no melee defense is more risky than what I do and far more less effective, as they are less likely to hit as many targets

Edited by FUBARczar

2 hours ago, Voltak said:

Sure, let's see the hard content build 😃

14 hours ago, Hellclaw said:

Sure, let's see the hard content build 😃

It's the one above:

Here's a little simpler Fire-Dark-Soul that is affordable and easily upgrade-able.

image.png.204233004777e07cbcfb5f928bdff04a.png

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Power Pool: Flight

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Fire Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(46), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Twilight Grasp -- TchoftheN-Heal(A), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(43), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(43), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(45), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(5), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(37), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), PstBls-Dam%(43)
Level 4: Tar Patch -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(5)
Level 6: Rain of Fire -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(7), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(7), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), PstBls-Dam%(34), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 8: Fire Breath -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(9), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(9), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), PstBls-Dam%(33)
Level 10: Darkest Night -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(A), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(11)
Level 12: Howling Twilight -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(13), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(13), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(15), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(29)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Shadow Fall -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(17), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17)
Level 18: Blaze -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(19), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 20: Fearsome Stare -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(21), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(21), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(23), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(23), CldSns-%Dam(25)
Level 22: Super Speed -- Run-I(A)
Level 24: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 26: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(29), GldArm-3defTpProc(31)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 35: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Build%(37)
Level 38: Dark Servant -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(39), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(39), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(39), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), CldSns-%Dam(40)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- Erd-Acc/Rchg(A), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(42), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(42)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(45), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(45)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- Erd-Acc/Rchg(A), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(48), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Fly -- Flight-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- IntRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(3)
Level 22: Speed Phase
Level 49: Afterburner
------------

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

6 hours ago, Troo said:

It's the one above:

Here's a little simpler Fire-Dark-Sole that is affordable and easily upgrade-able.

image.png.204233004777e07cbcfb5f928bdff04a.png

Reveal hidden contents

Level 50 Magic Corruptor

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Fire Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(46), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Twilight Grasp -- TchoftheN-Heal(A), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(43), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(43), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(45), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(5), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(37), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), PstBls-Dam%(43)
Level 6: Rain of Fire -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(7), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(7), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), PstBls-Dam%(34), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 8: Fire Breath -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(9), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(9), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), PstBls-Dam%(33)
Level 10: Darkest Night -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(A), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(11)
Level 12: Howling Twilight -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(13), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(13), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(15), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(29)
Level 16: Shadow Fall -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(17), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17)
Level 18: Blaze -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(19), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 20: Fearsome Stare -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(21), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(21), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(23), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(23), CldSns-%Dam(25)
Level 28: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(29), GldArm-3defTpProc(31)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 35: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Build%(37)
Level 38: Dark Servant -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(39), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(39), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(39), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), CldSns-%Dam(40)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- Erd-Acc/Rchg(A), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(42), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(42)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(45), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(45)
------------

So now we have come full circle (hover - grounder - hover)

You created one that hovers which is totally different, and your low melee def puts you at risk everyone you move in to use Soul Drain.  

It's also more difficult to be in the right position, while maximizing soul drain's buff and more busy try  to move in and out just so.

Hover builds also typically forgo status protection by default pigeon hole themselves into Clarion.  

@FUBARczar We're talking teaming and +1/8, right?

I saw your Psi/Dark Incarnate build.

I just chose to show a Fire-Dark-Soul that has:

No Incarnates

No Superior Winter enhancements

No Purples enhancements

No ATO enhancements

No HO enhancements

No PvP IO enhancements (well, one Gladiator's Armor +3%)

and embraces more /Dark powers like Fearsome Stare and Dark Servant.. ( I like perma Fear and -tohit )

You know, for those regular players who want to play before t4-ing and dropping a billion.

We don't all need to shoot the moon t4-ing and dropping a billion on every build before playing them. ( not saying you do and if you do, I'm not judging )

2 hours ago, FUBARczar said:

It's also more difficult to be in the right position, while maximizing soul drain's buff and more busy try  to move in and out just so.

Hover builds also typically forgo status protection by default pigeon hole themselves into Clarion.  

The -tohit and Fear on top of the soft capped ranged defense is good for Soul Drain.

Edited by Troo
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, FUBARczar said:

So now we have come full circle (hover - grounder - hover)

You created one that hovers which is totally different, and your low melee def puts you at risk everyone you move in to use Soul Drain.  

Given the teams for 4 star ITF, there is no "pigeon hole" themselves into Clarion. 
You can get status protection from a myriad of sources given the myriad of team make up/support options. 

I have 2 destinies already, and I plant to have a 3rd.  

But Fubar is making a point in addition to the others.  

I think if you are going hover/range, your range defense should be the highest. 

19 hours ago, FUBARczar said:

My point earlier is that getting close but not too close with little to no melee defense is more risky than what I do and far more less effective, as they are less likely to hit as many targets

Once you get practice and learn, one thing, among others, you will notice is that there is a sweet spot right above your enemies' heads.   You can cast soul drain being in the middle of them but just above their heads, so, mid group but above.  You will soul drain as many as you can drain while on the ground. 
You will still be at range but still close enough to hit with SD.  

10 hours ago, Troo said:

@FUBARczar We're talking teaming and +1/8, right?

I saw your Psi/Dark Incarnate build.

I just chose to show a Fire-Dark-Soul that has:

No Incarnates

No Superior Winter enhancements

No Purples enhancements

No ATO enhancements

No HO enhancements

No PvP IO enhancements (well, one Gladiator's Armor +3%)

and embraces more /Dark powers like Fearsome Stare and Dark Servant.. ( I like perma Fear and -tohit )

You know, for those regular players who want to play before t4-ing and dropping a billion.

We don't all need to shoot the moon t4-ing and dropping a billion on every build before playing them. ( not saying you do and if you do, I'm not judging )

The -tohit and Fear on top of the soft capped ranged defense is good for Soul Drain.

As they say, if it's worth doing, then it's worth doing right

besides you exaggerate the cost, play the game, earn merits, they will get you those expensive IOs.  I have never actually spent more than 500m IOing a character to this lvl

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Troo said:

Here's a little simpler Fire-Dark-Soul that is affordable and easily upgrade-able.

Reveal hidden contents

Level 50 Magic Corruptor

Villain Profile:
------------

This looks weird to me - no Inferno? I'm still tinkering on a new version of the original build, but I'm not looking for a budget build - I play the market enough to have a stable income.

Also have an honest question, to all present - does Rain of Fire actually make it into the final build? I originally chose it for the Scourge synergy, but (in normal content at least) it feels out of place for the pace of the game.

Potentially phrased in a different way, what kind of attack chain is considered "optimal" for Fire?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/14/2022 at 5:35 PM, FUBARczar said:

It'll also be easier (in Hover) to do with Darkness Mastery rather than Soul Mastery.  The first is a 15ft radius (sphere) vs a 10ft radius.  Melee powers tend to have a 7ft range tops.  Of course if you're only 4 or 5ft above you're are probably still safer as less melee attacks overall are headed your way.  Many of the PBAoE attacks are (were??) Area, 'Typed'  like Spin or Whirling Sword are 8ft.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hellclaw said:

This looks weird to me - no Inferno? I'm still tinkering on a new version of the original build, but I'm not looking for a budget build - I play the market enough to have a stable income.

Also have an honest question, to all present - does Rain of Fire actually make it into the final build? I originally chose it for the Scourge synergy, but (in normal content at least) it feels out of place for the pace of the game.

Potentially phrased in a different way, what kind of attack chain is considered "optimal" for Fire?

Personally I always take the Nuke and never the rains, because the scatter mobs.  They hinder teams more than help.  

• Thumbs Up 2