Warrior women?

Ukase

Anyone recognize who this might be, and what she's doing with the Warriors (Mortimer Kal SF)? 
image.png.1fcb3bf0fd5e2c475f1d61c9208b54fa.png

To the left is a twin of this girl. They look kind of Cimeroran, but I certainly have never seen women hanging out with the Warriors before. Anyone familiar with a lore reason for this? 

Just curious. 

Edit: Looks like her name is Persephone, and the gal to the right is Aphrodite. 

Edited by Ukase

23 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Anyone recognize who this might be, and what she's doing with the Warriors (Mortimer Kal SF)? 
image.png.1fcb3bf0fd5e2c475f1d61c9208b54fa.png

To the left is a twin of this girl. They look kind of Cimeroran, but I certainly have never seen women hanging out with the Warriors before. Anyone familiar with a lore reason for this? 

Just curious. 

Edit: Looks like her name is Persephone, and the gal to the right is Aphrodite. 

Gang girls named after the Greek goddesses.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Not just trophy girlfriends, but sacriligious trophy girlfriends. 

Persephone, the one in this picture, is the wife of Hades.  There is a Greek myth where Odysseus (and another guy whose name I cannot recall right now) are able to travel to the underworld, and they get the bright idea to try and kidnap Persephone and force her to marry one of them.  For obvious God-and-Goddess-of-the-Underworld reasons, that does not work, and they are trapped in Hades for their hubris until Herakles busts them out some time later.

Odysseus is hubristically challenging the God of the Dead with that girlfriend's name.  I am sure that is not going to come back and bite him some time later...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TalynDerre said:

Not just trophy girlfriends, but sacriligious trophy girlfriends. 

Persephone, the one in this picture, is the wife of Hades.  There is a Greek myth where Odysseus (and another guy whose name I cannot recall right now) are able to travel to the underworld, and they get the bright idea to try and kidnap Persephone and force her to marry one of them.  For obvious God-and-Goddess-of-the-Underworld reasons, that does not work, and they are trapped in Hades for their hubris until Herakles busts them out some time later.

Odysseus is hubristically challenging the God of the Dead with that girlfriend's name.  I am sure that is not going to come back and bite him some time later...

So he's living up (or maybe down) to his namesake.  Most of the protagonist's issues during the Odyssey were brought on by him cheesing off the gods, especially Poseidon.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Black Zot said:

Most of the protagonist's issues during the Odyssey were brought on by him cheesing off the gods, especially Poseidon.

The Iliad is very much a 'war movie' wherein the exploits of Odysseus were documented, along with those of all the other heroes of the time.  But the Odyssey is very much a "pissed off a god, now I'm paying for it" journey epic... not to mention the soap opera going on at home, wherein his wife is basically forced to open her home to a bunch of layabout suitors (who plot to kill Odysseus as soon as he appears) and it turns into a "does he get home in time or doesn't he?" drama.   

Penelope's test to him about "moving his marital bed" is always good for a chuckle - he made the headboard out of a living tree that the house was built around, so in order to move the bed, the entire house would need to be destroyed and the tree uprooted.  THAT's someone who's committed to his marriage.

A lot of the Greek tragedies are based on someone's ego (hubris, yes!) getting too big to be properly contained, and then the Gods arrange for 'correction'.  As a society, they had a lot of great ideas, but their concept of just retribution for pissing off someone much more powerful than you?  Chilling what could happen. 🙂 

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

A million years ago I read something about the difference between ancient and modern tragedies, it is approximately this: ancient tragedies are motivated by external, typically divine, forces, but modern tragedies arise from the manifestation of an individual's self-destructive passions.

And some modern literary advice I think I can attribute correctly (to Kurt Vonnegut): "Every character should want something, even if it is only a glass of water."

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

They don't dress like anyone else in the organization, they don't follow any of the naming patterns, so I'd assume that they're not in the organization. They're standing there, looking over Odysseus' shoulders.

The warriors have at least one arc where they're trying to capture a god: it's possible that these two women are there to represent the gods they're named after. Any Odysseus is kind of under their thumbs. He claims to be a clever tactician and know that the villains are out to double cross him, but it could just as easily be that these two are giving him advice because as he gains power, so do they gain power.

Meanwhile, he wanted to trap a god to try to get out from under their watchful eyes.