Dark Armor ARRRRGH!!!!!!

Erratic1

I have the general power effects set to No Fade or Pulse and I have Dark Embrace set to No Fade or Pulse...

...but my character pulses like he's being eclipsed and only when I have Dark Embrace toggled on (not negotiable since its Smash/Lethal resist).

Why is the setting not working?

I havent been in game in a while but i never realized Dark Embrace pulsed…

perhaps i just like the look so accepted it.  I run “faded” for months at a time as a blob of hate but lately have just been a Nossie with most of the stuff set minimal

Edited by Snarky

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

I havent been in game in a while but i never realized Dark Embrace pulsed…

Recorded it: https://imgur.com/pU8oipv

The sequence shown:

• Character pulses
  • Deactivate Dark Embrace and pulsing stops
  • Reactivate Dark Embrace and pulsing resumes
  • Enter costume designer to show the power as a whole and Dark Embrace specifically is set to No Fade or Pulse.

I could design around the pulse if the fight name were open, say Binary. But that is not the name I gave the character or want to use.

• Thumbs Up 1

I checked this out in-game and it's the same for me. Dark Embrace on my Brute pulses and fades even though I have the option set to No Pulse or Fade.

• Thanks 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Now I get what you are saying.  I never saw that as a "flaw" but a "Feature" lol.  But if you are on extreme "Do not show the effect" xostume mode I can see where that would get you real quick.  Once seen, always irritating.  Thankfully for my undead it just seems menacingly appropriate.  Is there an after market mod you can slap on?  Peeps do that with sound I know, especially to cover sonic.  Reminds me, I need a Sonic Blaster with AC/DC riffs....

55 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Now I get what you are saying.  I never saw that as a "flaw" but a "Feature" lol.  But if you are on extreme "Do not show the effect" xostume mode I can see where that would get you real quick.  Once seen, always irritating.  Thankfully for my undead it just seems menacingly appropriate.  Is there an after market mod you can slap on?  Peeps do that with sound I know, especially to cover sonic.  Reminds me, I need a Sonic Blaster with AC/DC riffs....

I could name the character Eclipso...oh wait....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Major_Decoy said:

With bright Dark Armour, I'm not noticing a fade.

"Bright Dark Armor" sounds like an oxymoron.  🙂

The title of this thread could be condensed into "Dark Arrrgh"!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Try this:

/bind KEY "SuppressCloseFX 1$$SuppressCloseFXdist 300"

This will turn off your auras and armor's visual effects for you, in your view only, unless you scroll 300 feet out. Others will still see them.

Change the number as you desire to make the effect re-appear. 50-100 is a good middle ground.

/bind KEY "SuppressCloseFX 0" will turn all the visual fireworks back on. Pick two keys you like.

Edited by Vulpoid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2