October 2022 Donations & Finances

Cipher

• City Council

Hello everyone!

As always with these posts, I’d like to drop a quick reminder that there are more ways to support Homecoming than just through donations. For a general overview of the different ways you can help Homecoming, check out this thread.

Last Month: September 2022

Last month we accepted $4,232.49 in donations, $10.39 over our target for the month. As always, any additional funding remaining at the end of each month is put towards our operating expenses for the following month or additional expenses for the current month.

Here is the breakdown of our expenses for September:

• $4,031.87 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
  • $120.50 for our Google G-Suite services
  • $25.00 for our Air instance from Paperspace
  • $19.83 for the AWS EC2 instance serving our email
  • $9.73 for security / administration software

image.png.ebec706dd26284ce3d0247aecd1511d8.png

This Month: October 2022

We will be purchasing a new 2-year code signing certificate this month as the one we purchased in October 2020 will be expiring soon. Unfortunately, the company we purchased the certificate from (Starfield Tech. a subsidiary of GoDaddy) no longer sells or renews code signing certificates, so we will be purchasing the new one from GlobalSign. More information about what this is and pricing is available here. Costs for this certificate may increase depending on their validation practices / requirements and any difference will be included in next month’s donation goal.

The donation target for October 2022 is $4,940.85. Here is a breakdown of how the funds are allocated:

• $4,031.87 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
  • $459.00 to purchase a new 2-year Code Signing Certificate
  • $300.00 for our annual DocuSign renewal
  • $121.57 for our Google G-Suite services
  • $25.00 for our Air instance from Paperspace
  • $19.25 for the AWS EC2 instance serving our email
  • $9.73 for security / administration software

Our donation system will be open as of the time of this post with a donation target of $4,940.85 and will automatically close once that target is met.

- The Homecoming Team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

45 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

OMG 6-1/2 hours and we're only to 93%?

I think we have until the end of this month so I wouldn't worry....YET. In fact, I don't know what exactly happens if we have a shortfall where we don't get enough money.

I understand why it's been taking longer to meet the goals and it has to do with the cost of, well everything, going up in price. Less disposable income available. For me to keep donating the same amount, I had to cut back on other things. I love this game and if I have to give up on drinking coffee or dropping Netflix Canada I will do that too.

Edited by TorontoSunshine
cleaning up bad typing.
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, TorontoSunshine said:

I think we have until the end of this month so I wouldn't worry....YET. In fact, I don't know what exactly happens if we have a shortfall where we don't get enough money.

I understand why it's been taking longer to meet the goals and it has to do with the cost of, well everything, going up in price. Less disposable income available. For me to keep donating the same amount, I had to cut back on other things. I love this game and if I have to give up on drinking coffee or dropping Netflix Canada I will do that too.

Yeah, I'm also cutting corners from other stuff here, but I'm not giving up on CoH.. As long as i'm able, I'll hopefully keep donating each month, as I always do.

Edited by Asacledhae
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

This one is odd because Donation Day typically comes the last Saturday of the month which is the 30th, but instead it came a week early, I know I wasn't expecting it and just noticed that it had happened. Not to worry, seems it still closed by the end of the day as usual.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

22 minutes ago, Marine X said:

This one is odd because Donation Day typically comes the last Saturday of the month which is the 30th, but instead it came a week early, I know I wasn't expecting it and just noticed that it had happened. Not to worry, seems it still closed by the end of the day as usual.

The 30th is a Friday.  This coming Saturday is October 1st.

• Cipher unpinned this topic