No love

Xandyr

I'm in the process of leveling a Water/FF Corruptor.  I saw some in LFG channel recruiting for PI radio missions. So, I sent said person a Tell, stating I was  FF'er and didn't get a response. 

Spent the next 30 minutes trying to find a team, and when I mentioned I was a FF'er, I was ignored.

No love for Force Fields. Maybe I should just drop my toon. I remember back in the day, people loved FF (course that was before IO's and all). 

Kinda disheartening that nobody wants to team with a Force Fielder. Anyone else experiencing the same?  Or being ignored because of your primary/secondary powersets?

I'll be blunt.  Force Field as it stands today is not a good power set.  However, that said, it's also underrated.  Many people severely underestimate the benefits of both the AoE mez protection it provides and the endurance drain resistance it provides.  Those are both valuable things, and still fairly unique.   Believe it or not, Force Field is actually good on the hard mode ITF thanks to all of its +defense, especially if it's PBU boosted.  It's just in the general level 35 - 50 content outside of some iTrials and the hard modes, it's really lacking.

Water Blast/Force Field Corruptor is a good combination.  I advise you to stick with it and realize that even though many people aren't realizing it, you do provide a couple of benefits to a team.

• Thumbs Up 2

Don't volunteer your build when responding to LFM requests. Unless they're asking for a specific AT, it doesn't matter. Doubt they'll kick you once you're already on the team.

• Thumbs Up 3

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

10 hours ago, Astralock said:

Water Blast/Force Field Corruptor is a good combination.  

You have experience with it?

A couple other things I like about FF ...you don't see it often, and it gives Defense to Fire and Cold (unlike Cold Domination).

Reminds me of being kicked from a team because I wasn't Empathy, but Kinetics.  (Way back on early live)

Only recent experience with that was an ITF where I wasn't welcome because I didn't have set bonuses. (I was 50 with generic 50 IOS)  Wasn't even a special run

I'd just ignore it.   It's a rare PUG that gets picky unless it's for a specific TF goal.

Maybe you got unlucky and the people running had a bad experience with a FF and they blame the powerset instead of the player?  (Hopefully not the reverse)

45 minutes ago, Xandyr said:

You have experience with it?

A couple other things I like about FF ...you don't see it often, and it gives Defense to Fire and Cold (unlike Cold Domination).

Indeed I do, quite a bit of experience with it.  Force Field/Water Blast Defender the last few months of live, and two Water Blast/Force Field Corruptors on Homecoming.

On 9/25/2022 at 7:58 AM, Uun said:

Don't volunteer your build when responding to LFM requests. Unless they're asking for a specific AT, it doesn't matter. Doubt they'll kick you once you're already on the team.

There have been times where I wanted to just say what level I was and leave it at that. HC is so neutral to any specific AT I just have accepted unless specifically stated, your AT doesn't matter. If someone says level doesn't matter, just send a tell asking for an invite.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 9/25/2022 at 2:57 AM, Xandyr said:

I'm in the process of leveling a Water/FF Corruptor.  I saw some in LFG channel recruiting for PI radio missions. So, I sent said person a Tell, stating I was  FF'er and didn't get a response. 

Spent the next 30 minutes trying to find a team, and when I mentioned I was a FF'er, I was ignored.

No love for Force Fields. Maybe I should just drop my toon. I remember back in the day, people loved FF (course that was before IO's and all). 

Kinda disheartening that nobody wants to team with a Force Fielder. Anyone else experiencing the same?  Or being ignored because of your primary/secondary powersets?

You are not going to find anything but love in my teams or our teams (Master ITF Chnl) 

If you have Clarion Radial and PB you are good to go

We know what's up, and PB'd bubbles rock 

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Voltak said:

You are not going to find anything but love in my teams or our teams (Master ITF Chnl) 

If you have Clarion Radial and PB you are good to go

We know what's up, and PB'd bubbles rock 

This^

Any content, HM included, where you face either foes with boosted/buffed To Hit or strong defense debuffers (like say Cimerorans, never mind HM Cimerorans) getting strong defense buffs is one very effective way to protect team from defdebuffs.  Get hit by a lucky blow on that softcapped build, the one with say 50 defense, by a 54 Cimeroran for a double digit debuff and you could be looking at a Cascade failure.  You need either high DDR or enough defense bonus to absorb the ~15% without dropping under your cap or it can get real painful real fast.  Force Fields brings that to the table and more.