Bring back an old Favorite.

Shad0hawK

Hello all, i do not post on the forums much but i have had an idea ratteling around my head (that happens occasionally) and that is:

rebuild Galaxy City. this should not be too difficult with existing models (particularly from Praetoria) and the opportunities for content creation are virtually endless.

This has been brought up a few times. The issue is the story's current progression. Galaxy City has been obliterated with the Neo-Shivans arrival. The story needs to progress to the point where Galaxy City is reclaimed and then rebuilt. Like with Faultline and Boomtown where reconstruction has started but has not progressed because the story has not gotten that far yet.

• Like 3

Wouldn't argue with it (I liked starting in Galaxy when it was an option,) but ... probably more work than you think.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

How would Silos or anyone else change where Battalion lands its first wave? There is no access to off-world events to change that.

Edit: Basically, with Ouroboros, the players and Menders are attempting to change things on-planet to better enable the world to fight back against Battalion. Nothing being done in Ouroboros has any impact on what Battalion and its forces do, just what position the world is in when the invasion finally hits.

Edited by Rudra

you guys have some great ideas! retake the area from the Neo Shivans, who are also in conflict with other factions, with A LOT of detail in between. heck, maybe even a TF or two! then Maggie's Rock gets reclaimed...a little at a time...

You can still visit the old Galaxy City via the back side portal in Ouroboros.  

• Thumbs Down 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

9 hours ago, Krimson said:

Hand wave it as Mender Silos messing with the time stream. Then you open up the possibility of Dream Doctor starting a war with Ourobouros over it.

Technically the attack on Galaxy City is because of Silos, when we go to the future to avert the attack on Atlas Park instead.

12 hours ago, Arc-Mage said:

You can still visit the old Galaxy City via the back side portal in Ouroboros.  

Except you:

- Can't start there.

- Have no contacts there.

- Can't run missions there.

- Can't even train there.

So... "You can see the echo zone in Ouro" is missing the point of this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

Do what someone suggested on another thread: put BABs back on his trainer pedestal in Echo:Galaxy City. Since the Echo zones are there so players can still street sweep in them to get xp and experience the zone, having access to a trainer makes sense. Still should be no contacts or missions for Echoes though. And I will always be against any suggestion that ignores the story such as simply restoring Galaxy City per the OP.

4 minutes ago, Rudra said:

And I will always be against any suggestion that ignores the story such as simply restoring Galaxy City per the OP.

Well, there's restoring and there's restoring... or, rather, restoring and reverting.

Sounds like you're against reverting, which - yeah, I can get. "WHAM" ooh, it's back now is a bit jarring.

Restoring, a la Faultline (though that was a little sudden) - I've been suggesting stuff like that for, say, boomtown since live. Something that literally builds it back into the game. Lot more work, though.

If you look at the HeroCorps Announcement in the other forum:

They specifically mention Galaxy City.  "So today we have re-opened our doors in Paragon City to bring our resources in the time of Galaxy City's need. If you need someone, we'll be there. Look for a shining beacon of hope in these dark times."  

I'm thinking they may already be up to something about Galaxy City. . . .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Greycat said:

Except you:

- Can't start there.

- Have no contacts there.

- Can't run missions there.

- Can't even train there.

So... "You can see the echo zone in Ouro" is missing the point of this.

You can still run Badges and meet with your friends. 😀

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

• Developer
On 10/6/2022 at 3:24 PM, laudwic said:

If you look at the HeroCorps Announcement in the other forum:

They specifically mention Galaxy City.  "So today we have re-opened our doors in Paragon City to bring our resources in the time of Galaxy City's need. If you need someone, we'll be there. Look for a shining beacon of hope in these dark times."  

I'm thinking they may already be up to something about Galaxy City. . . .

Can neither confirm nor deny that shenanigans are or are not afoot in the ruined hellscape that is or was Galaxy City, should it exist.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

hc_sig copy.jpg

There comes a time in which all stories must come to an end. It's a shame, hero, that you and your people aren't writing the end of yours. We've taken it upon ourselves to be the author of this universe's story, and your chapter will be added to the ever-growing story of how we dictated the path for all life.