Allow respec of incarnate abilities?

Just spitballing here.

Right now, if you want to try something out in incarnate land, you either go on Test or you accumulate incarnate stuff like threads or empyrean merits.

if you allowed respecs of incarnates (like refunding 60 threads for turning in a T1 power, or 100 for a T2), then no one would need to farm for incarnate components.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

I don't know. One toon that I used a lot at 50 has one set of T4 with various other T3 or lower of all the other sets. For example, on this toon, my Alpha has a T4 Musculature, T3 Agility and Cardiac, and the rest of the Alpha options are T2. And it's just a case of swapping as needed when out of battle.

Ehh... just playing I get such a buildup of threads, empyrians, etc. I don't think a - call it a refund instead of a respec, different process - is really needed. And I have a ton of alts, so I'm not even concentrating on just one or two characters to *have* them build up.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Well, part of the argument for allowing emp merits to drop in AE farms was that people *needed* that in order to get their incarnate powers.  If you cut the need for emp merits, you cut the need to afk AE farm for them.

Just trying to throw ideas out there.

Who run Bartertown?

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

If you cut the need for emp merits, you cut the need to afk AE farm for them.

... this assumes that farming for them is a need. The characters I have with excesses of components aren't farmers. *shrug*

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

4 hours ago, lemming said:

Being able to recycle some incarnate abilities might not be bad.  It would at least let one clean up some cruff.  (Say you already have t4 done, and accidentally put in a t1 that will just sit there mocking you)

That would be really nice.  Thanks to the unnecessarily convoluted Incarnate crafting system I have a bunch of mistakenly crafted abilities that I'd happily trade in for a handful of threads just to get rid of them.  Plus that T3 Vanguard that I made instead of a T3 Longbow (or the other way round, I forget).

(Sometimes I wonder what the Incarnate system would've looked like with another few years of development, and it makes me feel slightly less bad about the game being shut down.)

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

16 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

maybe we can go back to removing e merits from AE or even entirely.

Removing Empyrean Merits in their entirety would work against the incarnate system. They existed as part of the incarnate system back on Live so players could buy the salvage they needed to make their incarnate powers without relying solely on random drops as mission/arc rewards.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

Removing Empyrean Merits in their entirety would work against the incarnate system. They existed as part of the incarnate system back on Live so players could buy the salvage they needed to make their incarnate powers without relying solely on random drops as mission/arc rewards.

Right.  But we are not on pay to play LIVE and the devs here halted cutting e merit drops in AE *because* people claimed they needed to farm AE in order to get incarnates.

I'm not wed to this idea, but it seems to me to be a way to remove a rationale for AFK farming without hurting anyone.

Who run Bartertown?

11 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Well, part of the argument for allowing emp merits to drop in AE farms was that people *needed* that in order to get their incarnate powers.  If you cut the need for emp merits, you cut the need to afk AE farm for them.

I try to hold my tongue about farming here, but there is "no need" for farming - afk or otherwise - for anything.

As far as I am concerned any method of farming is an exploit

The Incarnate System was misconceived and slapped onto the end of the game with a built in money-grab mechanic.

Come on, Yomo. You know what you really want!

Make Incarnate salvage tradable and postable on in the Auction House.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.