I don't like the Elite Bosses added to trick-or-treating

MrSnottyPants

1 minute ago, Glacier Peak said:

Since the very first Halloween event there has been a giant monster that required teammates to defeat. Then there were Banner monsters and that GM. This year there was new EBs added. It's par for the course. 

Yes, but this year's content has all of the previous years' giant monsters, banner monsters and GM, with the addition of EBs in ToT, then this year's content is harder, right?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, tanglin said:

Yes, but this year's content has all of the previous years' giant monsters, banner monsters and GM, with the addition of EBs in ToT, then this year's content is harder, right?

Yes, this year's content has all of the previous years' giant monsters, banner monsters and GM, with the addition of EBs in ToT.

• Haha 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 minute ago, Shadeknight said:

I'm sure there's been some people who have had to flee from bosses.

The content difficulty is the same.

You're not getting a "gotcha" moment out of this, tanglin.

You may feel that this is a "gotcha" if you feel that agreeing that this year's content is harder than previous years' is somehow ... like being tricked, or something.

• Haha 2

Just now, tanglin said:

How so? Are you saying that, everything else being equal, and EB is not harder than a Boss (previously the hardest mob in ToT)?

Oh okay if that's the case, my team and I had no trouble defeating the EBs that came out of the door or the Pumpkin Eochai GM or the banners and it's final boss. So all things equal in my experience. Then again I've soloed all of them myself (yes, even the banners which required me to use multiple monitor screens and lining up the right moments in each banner circle).

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Oh okay if that's the case, my team and I had no trouble defeating the EBs that came out of the door or the Pumpkin Eochai GM or the banners and it's final boss. So all things equal in my experience. Then again I've soloed all of them myself (yes, even the banners which required me to use multiple monitor screens and lining up the right moments in each banner circle).

Whether you can handle them or not isn't what we're talking about. It's whether the addition of EBs in ToT make the content harder than last year's, everything else being equal. So, are you saying that the addition of EBs in ToT does not raise the difficulty of the content compared to last year's?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tanglin said:

Whether you can handle them or not isn't what we're talking about. It's whether the addition of EBs in ToT make the content harder than last year's, everything else being equal. So, are you saying that the addition of EBs in ToT does not raise the difficulty of the content compared to last year's?

There have been EBs in the Halloween Zombie Apocalypse spawns too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Oh yeah since the legacy says. Check it out:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Halloween_Event_2022

Yes, so, while EBs have been in Halloween Zombie Apocalypse in this year's and previous years' event, this year has the addition of EBs in ToT, right? And we can agree that an EB is harder than a Boss, right? And since this year's ToT has EBs, while previous years' only have up to a Boss,  this means that this year's content is harder, correct?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tanglin said:

And since this year's ToT has EBs, while previous years' only have up to a Boss,  this means that this year's content is harder, correct?

No.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Because by the time you hit 25, you should have some sort of build that will allow soloing an EB. Some have it easier, but I don't know a build (aside from a self-sabotaged one) that cannot take on EBs. EBs are not that tough and never have been.

• Thanks 2

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

Okay, it's bedtime for me, so I'm going to wrap this up. This has been a very strange discussion, to say the least. In symbols, it's like this:

Me: "10 + 1 = 11, correct?"

Everyone: "Yes."

Me: "Therefore, 11 is greater than 10, correct?"

Everyone: "No"; "I won't let you trick me into saying that"; "It's subjective"; "11 is just another number like 10".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"These all go up to 11... most blokes, they crank everything up to 10, and then, they can't push it any harder.  We have that extra 'one more' in case we need to push it over the cliff, right?"

"But why not just make 10, you know, louder?"

"... these go to eleven."

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

18 hours ago, ScarySai said:

I don't get how people are having trouble with these guys.

You're given plenty of time to run away if you're undergeared for them.

I for one, love the free XP on most of my guys, especially the masterminds. Poor EBs.

unless you have an aura or burn patch or any aoe going off. then you are dead on some classes.

56 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Because by the time you hit 25, you should have some sort of build that will allow soloing an EB. Some have it easier, but I don't know a build (aside from a self-sabotaged one) that cannot take on EBs. EBs are not that tough and never have been.

A lot of people dont have built IO set builds at 25. A lot use so's until end game. This is why balance was always vs so's. the devs broke that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

A lot of people dont have built IO set builds at 25. A lot use so's until end game. This is why balance was always vs so's. the devs broke that.

Current balance is high end I/O builds.  People can say "you don't have to run it" until they sound like homeless people talking to a wall.  All you see in game are things like "+2 Speed Synapse" and recruiting for the very hardest content.  

Nicely though, I do not have to run it.  I only log in for a couple hours a week now to run things with friends.  

Edited by Snarky
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

I know I didn't have enhancement sets on my PB dealing with EBs solo in the ingame story arcs that you can do well below level 25, even below level 20. To think you need to be slotted out with set IOs to handle the Halloween ToT EBs solo is ridiculous.

• Thanks 1

The general populace is not putting IO sets at 25. I don't recall the last time I saw set bonuses on someone below 50.

If you think you need IOs to take on EBs, you may be playing poorly. Harsh, but that's my take away.

You can also face EBs in the i24 Skulls arc and spread throughout. Can't beat those?

Skill issue.

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Like 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble