Hey what happened to Leveling Pacts?

Glacier Peak

13 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

They were removed on Live (wiki says I21).  I guess they decided it wasn't worth keeping it after super-sidekicking came in.

IIRC, it was disabled back in Issue 21 for the same reason it was disabled here.  It grinds the server to a complete halt if it is large and active.

Yeah, well, even on live when they *were* active they ended up being wonky, so... no surprise when dealing with the spaghetti.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

ANAGRAMS

I need to get my eyes checked because that was not the word I thought I saw.  I thought I saw some new word for a colonoscopy.

• Haha 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

A Leveling Pact is a feature introduced in Issue 13 (and disabled in Issue 21 after changes to the Sidekick system had reduced the need for it) and an innovation to MMORPGs; this system allows two players to create new characters (or use existing low-level characters) and have their experience be permanently synced, whether or not both characters are online. They will always be the same level, even if one pactmate plays ten times more often than the other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

A Leveling Pact is a feature introduced in Issue 13 (and disabled in Issue 21 after changes to the Sidekick system had reduced the need for it) and an innovation to MMORPGs; this system allows two players to create new characters (or use existing low-level characters) and have their experience be permanently synced, whether or not both characters are online. They will always be the same level, even if one pactmate plays ten times more often than the other.

So it's multiboxing, but, the server is the box!

Resident certified baby

Just now, Redletter said:

So it's multiboxing, but, the server is the box!

It was envisioned (i suppose) as a way to keep a super team balanced as they progressed through content but allow for some individual romping off to do whatever when their friend was not on. 

In practice it was a farm method and it has broken everything everywhere everytime it was used

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Luminara said:

Sodium, Silver, Radium and Samarium.  Not bad on a sandwich, but it gives me the worst heartburn.

Thats because youre not using enough mustard 😛

• Like 2

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?