Sentinel Question

Arnabas

I have a quick question about Sentinels. I don't usually play them (I have 1 out of my 55 characters) so I am not sure exactly how Opportunity works.

Usually when I build up enough opportunity for it to trigger, it ends up being the final hit on an opponent. So if I trigger offensive opportunity just in time to defeat one guy, will it have any effect on the rest of the group I am fighting, or will any bonus vanish immediately with the guy on whom it triggered?

Offensive opportunity does two things: it debuffs its primary target (the one you hit with the attack that triggered offensive opportunity, who then gets a yellow target under his feet), and it adds an additional damage component to all your attacks.

The additional damage component lasts until the end of the opportunity period, even if the primary target dies.

As others have mentioned, the build on beta changes this.

While waiting for the new patch to roll out, here's what I've learned with my sentinels and opportunity:

1) Yes, your Opp bar builds up with every attack. It also recedes when you're not in battle. I, myself, prefer to fiddle with the notoriety settings so that I'm dealing with a multitude of slightly weaker enemies (+2x8) instead of a few really strong ones (+4x2). This way, the initial skirmish builds up my bar, which I can then pick a target that needs the -res for 8 seconds. So basically, jump into mob 1, kill and build up bar, use the Opp for mob 2. finish up mob 2 builds up Opp bar for use in mob 3. The closer the mobs are, the better... at least for me... unless there are sappers. I hate those buggers.

2) The -res only affects the target that has the crosshairs aura on and it will be gone when he dies. The damage buff (T1 activator) and the regen/recovery (T2 activator) does linger for you for the next few seconds. I've found T2 particularly useful in the early grind levels when you haven't sorted out your HP and Stamina yet. I sometimes respec out of it in the latter levels as its benefit becomes negligible in the higher levels.

3) There are rare instances (and from what I've observed, only applicable to certain power sets) that because of the animation times, it is possible to fire off BOTH T1 and T2 Opportunities on one or two targets. I've done it purely by chance or luck rather than skill and intent though.

• Like 1