Need some "sell all" buttons

Personally, I'd love to see it. 3 button clicks and I am "cashed out"? Sounds wonderful.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Oklahoman said:

3 button clicks and I am "cashed out"? Sounds wonderful.

And then we'll have people whining about how they clicked 'sell all' and it sold their orange salvage for 5000 inf, and insist on either having an option to to disable 'sell all' for salvage by class, or having separate buttons to sell each class of salvage, and want a button to put their orange salvage into the AH so it doesn't get accidentally sold on the cheap.

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

And then we'll have people whining about how they clicked 'sell all' and it sold their orange salvage for 5000 inf, and insist on either having an option to to disable 'sell all' for salvage by class, or having separate buttons to sell each class of salvage, and want a button to put their orange salvage into the AH so it doesn't get accidentally sold on the cheap.

I guess I don't see a problem with improving the functionality later, if the feature proves useful. As it is, I know I've accidentally sold MANY orange salvages for 5,000 inf over the course of an ohnosecond, just hitting the sell button as fast as possible. If I'm thinking straight I tend to sell those on AH first, then go "cash out."

16 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

Simple code, direly needed.

I don't know about direly needed, and simple's kind of a minefield with the spaghetti code of the game. 🙂

That said, if accidental clicks are a worry, make them slash commands (/sellrecipe all, /sellrecipe common, /sellsalvage common all, etc.) that people can make their own macro buttons of if they wish.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

8 hours ago, srmalloy said:

So, for clarity, your position is "some people are stupid, so everything has to suck to appease them."?

• Thumbs Down 2

19 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

So, for clarity, your position is "some people are stupid, so everything has to suck to appease them."?

No, my position is that prioritizing code changes based on complaints of "It's not convenient for me to have to do this; change it so these things are done for me" is poor code design practice. There are enough real problems with the code that should be fixed that "I don't want to have to click so many times" should be deeply buried in the pile.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2022 at 12:46 PM, srmalloy said:

No, my position is that prioritizing code changes based on complaints of "It's not convenient for me to have to do this; change it so these things are done for me" is poor code design practice. There are enough real problems with the code that should be fixed that "I don't want to have to click so many times" should be deeply buried in the pile.

But adding a button that sells the lot seems like it wouldn't be that difficult.

bottom line it's a good idea. But you don't agree with that. Because then you think people would be up in arms about accidently clicking it. So we need to do what's best for those idiots instead.

10 hours ago, Sneakers said:

But you don't agree with that. Because then you think people would be up in arms about accidently clicking it. So we need to do what's best for those idiots instead.

No, it's based on, in going on 40 years as a programmer, seeing exactly this chain of "Make this change to make this one little thing more convenient!" [change made] followed by a long string of "The change does something I don't want if I use it without thinking first; fix it!" as people want ever more specific alterations that affect fewer and fewer people until the first change becomes more complicated to use than things were before the change was made.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, srmalloy said:

No, it's based on, in going on 40 years as a programmer, seeing exactly this chain of "Make this change to make this one little thing more convenient!" [change made] followed by a long string of "The change does something I don't want if I use it without thinking first; fix it!" as people want ever more specific alterations that affect fewer and fewer people until the first change becomes more complicated to use than things were before the change was made.

Yep. It's a better example of feature creep.

I think a better designed selling system might be in order, but I do wonder how much of the code is shared between player trades, auction house, vendors, etc...

I think the ability to check off a bunch of items and then hit "Sell all clicked items" with a verification OK might be the way to go, but it's a lot more complicated to code currently.