Maintenance Drone

Arnabas

Thing is, it's called Traps, not Floaty Robot Bits.  It's kind of the theme that each power is static and stays where you place it.  I find traps hard to use on fast moving teams, it's hard to feel like you're contributing.  This makes the whole set situational on a lot of teams.  But it's still a fun set, and I'm not sure I'd change it.  As said not every power needs to be an world beater in every situation.

Floaty Robot Bits?  Would go great in some kind of Gadgets power pool...

• Like 3

And further I've no particular interest in giving up mobility for its regeneration (or recharge or other aspect) as a potential balance.  A fast moving team has no real need, a slow moving one whether because it's fighting maybe a bit over its head or duking it out with a relatively static target (AV, GM, object or EB(s)) it can be double stacked which, with enhancent, can be upwards of +500% or more and a significant buff to the team's (or leagues) regeneration.

52 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

Thing is, it's called Traps, not Floaty Robot Bits.  It's kind of the theme that each power is static and stays where you place it.  I find traps hard to use on fast moving teams, it's hard to feel like you're contributing.  This makes the whole set situational on a lot of teams.  But it's still a fun set, and I'm not sure I'd change it.  As said not every power needs to be an world beater in every situation.

Floaty Robot Bits?  Would go great in some kind of Gadgets power pool...

What about force field generator and the floating suicide bombers?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/18/2022 at 2:31 PM, Arnabas said:

Well, since the official Robotics feedback forum is now closed, I will say here that the Maintenance Drone is the exact thing I have been hoping for.... to replace Triage Beacon....😔

One day? Please?

Last I checked, the Maintenance Drone replaced the Heal Robot power in the Robotics primary.   

Triage Beacon is in the Traps Secondary.  It's basically a stationary Regen aura, like Tree of Life or those green CoT crystals. 

Not only different abilities, but different powersets.   As a Robots/Traps MM, I can understand how they could be blended together into one build, but unless you want to move a Robots power to the Traps set?  It doesn't really jell.

• Confused 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

4 hours ago, MistressOhm said:

Last I checked, the Maintenance Drone replaced the Heal Robot power in the Robotics primary.   

Triage Beacon is in the Traps Secondary.  It's basically a stationary Regen aura, like Tree of Life or those green CoT crystals. 

Not only different abilities, but different powersets.   As a Robots/Traps MM, I can understand how they could be blended together into one build, but unless you want to move a Robots power to the Traps set?  It doesn't really jell.

All that I was trying to say is that I've long wished Triage Beacon could move and follow me. 

A stationary heal aura is fine for human players  but it doesn't help henchmen that much in my experience, at least until after the battle when they're recovering and standing still. 

As a side note autocorrect just changed that to "triage bacon" and that all I can think of now. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/18/2022 at 3:56 PM, Yaliw said:

I'm of the humble opinion that not every power needs to be ZOMG great. Healing Triangle I think is fine where it is.

I agree. I don't need or want this to be "ZOMG great, " but a little more functionality would be nice. 

15 hours ago, Arnabas said:

All that I was trying to say is that I've long wished Triage Beacon could move and follow me. 

I think that was the point, for a relatively powerful +Regen aura (I say 'relatively' because it could be better) it would be OP if it followed you around.  Nearly all of the persistent +Regen aura powers are rooted to where they're cast.   

Maintenance Drone is an odd implementation, because while it specifically exists to follow you and heal your henchmen (something we've all wanted as MM players) it sacrifices its own health to do so, and cannot be healed.   And yes, I tried. I fed mine a green Insp, and it gladly took it... no heal.  Floating in Triage Beacon (mm, bacon!) did nothing for it.  

Of course now I'm expecting the Ninjas set to get a kunoichi that uses Pain Domination powers to keep the shinobi topped off, and then dies tragically.  It's a Hong Kong movie trope, so why not?   😛 

• Thumbs Up 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

I'd be for ramping up the +Regeneration of Triage Beacon for the sake of shorter deployment time, so it can be used more frequently as the combat pace usually makes it very unreliable to use.

And even if you got a slower paced team, the current value (+150%) wouldn't make a big difference either other than dealing with chip damage.