New forum: "Farmers Only"

Or maybe call it "Farmville."  But it would be a forum for farmers (where farmers don't have to be lonely).  Suitable topics would include farm-fresh builds, which AE arcs are best to farm, and—entirely incidentally—complaining about farming nerfs.

Edited by Zhym
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

Sure, but if we're going to further divide and radicalize the forum community can we add some more categories? Here are some suggestions:

The Creepshack. A forum for people obsessed with power creep and the suspicion that small changes will lead to the destruction of the game.

True Grit. For people who earned it. They paid their dues. And they don't want that accomplishment cheapened by letting anyone else skip the grind they went through to get it.

The Cleanse. For people who are absolutely over toxicity, drama, and unpleasantness in general. Everyone else in this forum is on ignore by default.

Shitposter's anonymous

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, battlewraith said:

Sure, but if we're going to further divide and radicalize the forum community can we add some more categories? Here are some suggestions:

My take is that this suggestion is not a way to segregate the community - it would be clearly open to any forum goer to post and participate in. So, no division whatsoever.

• Thumbs Down 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

3 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

My take is that this suggestion is not a way to segregate the community - it would be clearly open to any forum goer to post and participate in. So, no division whatsoever.

I said divide, not literally segregate players into different areas of the forums. The forum is open to anyone to post anywhere right now, yet there opposing camps that are bickering over the course of the current game development. If there were a farming subforum, I think that would end up being a pretext to moving complaints over farming adjacent issues out of general discussion and I don't think that would go over well with a lot of posters.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, battlewraith said:

I said divide, not literally segregate players into different areas of the forums. The forum is open to anyone to post anywhere right now, yet there opposing camps that are bickering over the course of the current game development. If there were a farming subforum, I think that would end up being a pretext to moving complaints over farming adjacent issues out of general discussion and I don't think that would go over well with a lot of posters.

Speculative at best. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

If there's a topic that's cluttering up a forum, a decent idea is creating a megathread for it. It's done a lot on larger reddit communities. That way mods can lock down new threads and point people to the megathread. I'm not sure why all these threads are even left open as it is.

• Like 2

@Lev N

Excelsior/Everlasting/Rebirth

🏒🍁🏳️‍🌈

13 hours ago, Zhym said:

Or maybe call it "Farmville."  But it would be a forum for farmers (where farmers don't have to be lonely).  Suitable topics would include farm-fresh builds, which AE arcs are best to farm, and—entirely incidentally—complaining about farming nerfs.

I think it's a good idea. When I think of farmers I believe most people are referring to AE so that's what I'll mostly reference in this reply.   I have teamed with farmers who do time runs, they make farm missions in AE and then they see how fast they or their friends can do it and they talk about farms and it's like a whole other world within City of and it's fun.  There's camaraderie and they talk about builds in those farms, offer to send builds and are nice peeps.  So my opinion is that most farmers are helpful and cool cats. 

Maybe if there was a spot for them on the forums, they wouldn't have to deal with people who think the game should be played like farming is taboo and that farming is something 'bad'.

Also most of the rarez being sold on the market most likely came from farmers, either farmers of merits but running incessant task forces on multiple alts then buying/crafting recipes and selling them on the market. 

Or AE farmers - eieio

I don't know if the farmers would use it though, I think most of them are too busy making the sweet sweet loot.

But it would be a good way to post farming builds (minus overalls and cows) 

It would be a good way to promote AE farm missions that they made and do time runs or get feedback

It would be a good way to have a place to report AE bugs (potentially).

I like the idea of community building and think that should be a focus.

Examples of other niche communities that are fun

Build communities

The people who like to make and publish guides

The people who like to build bases

The people who like badges

The people who use/play the online in game market

These are all people who are taking the game and making it fun for them.  Farmers do the exact same thing, so give them their own lil piece of the forum, it won't hurt but again, I don't know how much it would be utilized.  It may also make the forum monitor jobs a bit harder as I'm sure they would experience grief like sometimes happens in game for the LFG channel or passive aggressive posts that may eventually culminate in aggressiveness.

Edited by Zappalina
I forgot something.

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg

You do know that you could make this a Club right?

Edited by WanderingAries

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On 10/21/2022 at 11:09 PM, Nurvus said:

I'm not sure why all these threads are even left open as it is.

An optimistic hope that people will learn from one another, develop wider perspectives and grow.

Or the mods are collecting data on what civilization will look like after the zombie apocalypse.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

4 hours ago, Krimson said:

Two of your clubs are news feeds, one is NOPE'd Out, and one hasn't been updated since 2020.  What's the motivation here?

The kind of content you're talking about would be more interactive? Just pointing out an easy option...

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)