Looking for a fun combo.

bigmarty

Necro/Dark, especially with the new changes/buffs.

My favorite of all time is Thugs/Dark...but I'm a Tanker at heart.

P.S.  I also like Dark Miasma 😁

• Like 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Fun is anything paired with storm for pure, beautiful chaos......demons, bots or undead all love the storms. As @PLVRIZR mentions the updated necro/dark builds are a blast and like he also states.........I like me some Dark Miasma. Dark lets you do some insane things with all the debuffs/control type powers it has to keep you and your pets standing.

• Like 1

Boy you're going to get 100 different answers from 20 different people!  What's fun is going to be different for everyone.

That said I would offer two opinions:

Melee pets: ninja/trick arrow.  They used to be paper dragons....now they're more like cardboard dragons.  Trick arrow pairs with them really well with Flash Arrow being the cornerstone of the set.  The genjin will crumple from time to time, but they're easy enough to resummon and since the main survival bit comes from flash arrow, there are no shields to re-apply if you need to re-summon.  It's TON of fun.

Ranged: thugs/dark.  Really dark maisma goes with everything, but thugs is sooo much fun.  Especially the bruiser and footstomp.  Between the high defenses from thugs and the debuffs from dark marry really well together.  It's a fantastic pairing.

Thugs/dark will be a little more tanky, but if you're willing to roll the dice a little ninjas can payoff with the fun factor they provide.

Necro Kinetics, abuse repel with KB to KD IO and Force feed back procs, siphon speed for boost haste further and hasten to bring you soul extraction to almost perma with ease. Ohh and fast pets. For ease of buffing make a macro like 

/macroimage "Gadgets_Turret" "Petboost" "petselectname DumbLich$$powexec_name speed boost"

And go ham >:)

Bonus tip: Theft of Essence: Chance for +Endurance for help with end. You can also use it in Twilight Grasp in dark Miasma so dark works fine too, but I hate slow pets.

• Thumbs Up 1

1. Thugs/Time
  2. Thugs/Storm
  3. Robots/EA
  4. Robots/Time
  5. Robots/Kin
  6. Robots/Emp
  7. Necro/Dark
  8. Demon/EA

I have these all at 50, and these all work pretty well. But you almost need to use the Numpad binds at least IMO to make a go of an MM.

I'm currently leveling a Ninja/FF, with the intent of using power boosted force fields to protect the ninjas, while using the newly updated Force field powers to debuff some mobs resistance as they get sliced and diced.

I think you can make a solid MM with a lot of combinations. Yes they have their limitations and I'd love to see them remove the negative level shift on pets, and they require a modicum of micromanagement, MM's work pretty well for most content (hard mode excluded).

8 hours ago, bigmarty said:

Hello, I’ve had trouble getting into masterminds in the past and I was looking for recommendations for the most fun power combos. It doesn’t necessarily have to be the most powerful but whatever you find fun. 

So what one person thinks of as "fun" is very subjective.  That being said, the update to necromancy makes them quite powerful AND fun.  The 3 blast attacks at are part of the primary can now also summon temporary minions, so you can do some direct attacks AND get more pets into the fray.  With that being said, and while I fully admit to loving kinetics, I'd also like to advocate for cold domination or sonic resonance as great secondaries.

If you're looking for something with a bit of a different feel, ninjas/trick arrow or ninjas/poison are quite fun as well.

lastly, beasts/elec can be surprisingly effective and fun as well!

• Thumbs Up 1

Necro/Kin was the first character I rolled on Homecoming when it launched, so I'm very partial; The new changes gave Necros a very tanky set of pets

Ninjas/Elec is fun, but very busy and hard to fit the attacks in and the Ninjas still feel a bit squishy

My latest obsession has been Mercs/FF; Legit, do not sleep on Mercs, they're dakka-dealing monsters now and seem a bit too strong

Honorable mentions for Thugs/Rad and Demon/Storm (anything with */Storm, really!)

Formerly Infinity, Currently Everlasting

50s:  Necro/Kin MM, Ill/Storm 'Troller, Kin/EnA Stalker, NRG/EnA Sentinel, Grav/Elec Dom, Invuln/Staff Tanker, Mind/Dark 'Troller, Earth/Nature 'Troller, Merc/FF MM

• 2 weeks later

Beast/Cold is surprisingly strong and looks great thematically.  The minimal fx shield options let you actually see stuff without the blocks everywhere.

Playwise it’s lethally strong; you can easily use IOs and the shields to Defense cap pets.  And usually you can S/L cap yourself with little effort.

Infrigidate you can load with damage procs and turn into a big hitter.  Sleet lets your pets buzzsaw entire groups in even more safety; I always opened with it.

I’m running a Beast/TA that is a lot of fun right now, but I miss the power of my Beast/Cold.  Beast/Cold can solo x8 Talons without any real effort.  Not managed to get my Beast/TA to that level of strength yet, though it is more DPS oriented.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Some of my favorite mastermind combos, when breaking out of the "be as efficient/minmax as possible" mode.

Necro/Nature (my current project, basically a 'dark druid' sort)

Ninja/Kinetic (mach-4 ninjas everywhere)

Demon/Pain (sadistic demoness whipping her demons into a frenzy)

Beast/Nature (a more traditional druid type build)

Beast/Storm (an alternate to the druid build)

Necro/Electric (bringing the dead back to life with the power of LIGHTNING)

I'm determined to figure out a way to make /empathy work for a mastermind at some point. It's such a gimpy set for the most part, with massive cooldowns. Maybe a pissed off empathy defender who recruited some mercenaries so she could actually deal damage for once.

Edited by WumpusRat

How is bot/traps not on this list?

You get mez protection, amazing heals now (especially with the maintenance drone) stackable debuffs, and plenty of different playstyles, as you can create a death room, or just zip into groups and toe-bomb things.

• Thumbs Up 1