Shivan Invasion

starro

I just want hordes of Shivans rampaging for a couple of weeks similar to Rikti snd Zombies events.  Zone announcement and sirens as something unearthly is forming in an area.   The roving bands of monsters  have no clear motives other than to rain a handful of meteors on a city and isles zone and cause destruction as they incubate more future Shivans.  

Find a meteor (similar to rikti bomb) run down the damage meter and prevent more hatching - fail  - a few more limited Shivans continue to appear to terrorize citizens. Either way there’s always a shivan menace to obstruct your efforts. 

Throw in some badges and call it a preliminary invasion anniversary event.  Each invasion culminates in a giant zone battle for a few minutes as heroes defend their city until the forces of blue jello retreat into the earth to recoup for another time. 

• Thumbs Up 12

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

5 hours ago, Cybersbe said:

I’m still curious about those Neo-Shivans who appear in the Galaxy City tutorial…

Run Drowning in Blood (15+, IIRC) and be sure to talk to the shivans you save.

• Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Part of the invasion should be the occasional big ol' Shivan popping up out of the ground like in the tutorial.

• Thanks 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 11/23/2022 at 3:03 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

I think Shivans are underused so I'm all for Shivan zone events.

tie it to something like a Team completing the joining Ourobos arc, since the last one is a  Shivan map in Atlas. the higher the difficulty, the  more zones that can have the Shivan event triggered in.

Edited by twospirited
typo's :x
  • Like 2

While "just make an event!" itself is probably easy enough, I'd have to lean on lore and ask "Why? Why are they invading a zone and how did they get there?"

For the regular Shivans, they came about because of the appropriately named meteor Shiva, which was destroyed (though the team that went up there wasn't seen again.) There aren't more to come down, and the times we see them *anywhere* else (besides Bloody Bay, where DiB takes place as I recall) there are some extraordinary measures taken to bring them to whatever location - typically a lab.

The neoshivans are tied with Galaxy and the Batallion (and that whole storyline can take a flying leap and never show up in game, as far as I'm concerned.) They feel shoehorned in in a fairly hamfisted manner, frankly.

Really, of the invasions we have, we have -

Rikti - ok, still fighting them, makes sense to have them attack somewhere, they're here after all (though how they get a bunch of dropships and A-bombs, well...)

Zombies - eh. Are seasonal, which is about the only thing that makes them interesting.

Nemesis - which has *always* felt, to me, just ... thrown in and for me generally is *really* uninteresting.

I'd rather have an event that's got some sort of hook to it than just "eh, we'll have X group invade because... they do."

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 11/25/2022 at 2:25 PM, Greycat said:

While "just make an event!" itself is probably easy enough, I'd have to lean on lore and ask "Why? Why are they invading a zone and how did they get there?"

Have to admit that I also sorta feel like this.  Like it has to mean a bit more than the others.  If nothing else, we already have a number of "just because" invasions.  Make these do something extra or get triggered by something special.  Or maybe unlock a story arc or something after you get the badges from it, etc.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝