Axe Cyclone's reverse Repel effect does interesting things if you kite

nihilii

If you move as you activate Axe Cyclone, affected mobs fly with you to your destination.

I'm showing this with just one mob for clarity, but it works with full groups as well. You can carry a whole mob party on your magical axe ride.

Are there cool applications of this? I'm wondering what would happen if a friend teleported you at the moment you activated Axe Cyclone. Would the mobs follow to your new position at lightspeed?

Any other inverse Repel effects out there that could work similarly? I think I've read Gravity Control was modified to use this mechanic...

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 5

Fascinating.  Functionally in a full fight, what might be the advantage over just standing still while using the ability?  It doesn't seem like it would be akin to enemy teleport, where you might pluck one linchpin character from a mob and defeat him without the mob going into action. 

12 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

Uh, gee, i don't know... what can a Tank do with a power that pulls mobs to him/her when moving... hmmm.... HERD THEM!  😄  

This is cool.  I have played my BA tank yet since the patch - now I'm REALLY looking forward to it!

Sorry, got thinking of it in the mindset of a single target while watching the demo.  Obviously, if I want to take the bull-in-the-china-shop approach, this could be interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

Uh, gee, i don't know... what can a Tank do with a power that pulls mobs to him/her when moving... hmmm.... HERD THEM!  😄  

This is cool.  I have played my BA tank yet since the patch - now I'm REALLY looking forward to it!

It could be positively hilarious to rotate 2 Tankers and their 16 target cap per AoE to herd groups super fast with Axe Cyclone.

1 hour ago, InvaderStych said:

Obviously this is the new version of Hellion Golf.  Pull those chumps off the ledges and watch them fall. 🤣

I love the idea. Jump off the ledge with Axe Cyclone, then activate Fly as they plummet to their demise...

Been doing since a lot since the update hit. I bring my BA/EnA Brute with Fold Space to teams and at least 1 person will comment about how I've managed to pile entire rooms on them in a nice circle. Fun stuff.

• Like 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Just thinking of Tornado being tweaked for this.

Mob < 5m away = knock(up), mob between 5 and 7m away = knock(to), mob > 7m away = fear.

Also, Hurricane needs vectored repel and knock, so instead of being pitched away, they get spun and tumbled in a circle.  *wicked grin*

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

On 11/23/2022 at 11:55 AM, nihilii said:

If you move as you activate Axe Cyclone, affected mobs fly with you to your destination.

I'm showing this with just one mob for clarity, but it works with full groups as well. You can carry a whole mob party on your magical axe ride.

Are there cool applications of this? I'm wondering what would happen if a friend teleported you at the moment you activated Axe Cyclone. Would the mobs follow to your new position at lightspeed?

Any other inverse Repel effects out there that could work similarly? I think I've read Gravity Control was modified to use this mechanic...

Just a bonus feature 🙂