Super Villain Jail?

kito

Well this is kind of 2 questions.

1 anyone know of base maps that have Super powers jailcells in it for possible RP use?

2, Any one think there is any Interest in a RP SG that is in the Zig. People would RP as Guards or Prisoners as a place for Villans to go when caught in the world some would pass threw some would try and break out get guards to sneak stuff in w/e else is in prisons TV show that I cant think of.

would anyone have interest in that kind of RP?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kito said:

Well this is kind of 2 questions.

1 anyone know of base maps that have Super powers jailcells in it for possible RP use?

2, Any one think there is any Interest in a RP SG that is in the Zig. People would RP as Guards or Prisoners as a place for Villans to go when caught in the world some would pass threw some would try and break out get guards to sneak stuff in w/e else is in prisons TV show that I cant think of.

would anyone have interest in that kind of RP?

Why?

Villains break out of the Zig, beating the guards senseless.  Or killing them.  Or beating then killing them.

Guards loathe and or fear Villains.

The only worse RP scenario I can think of is slavery.  It is only worse in that those being oppressed are oppressed out of sheer capitalist greed.  Although that opens up the discussion of corporate investment in prisons.

But on topic.  Why?

Edited by Snarky
  • Sad 1

Everyone has there own ideas on what could be fun or interesting in the idea of the Zig the very popular Breaking Bad or Orange is the new black comes to mind. 

I don't know if anyone has built a zig style map which could be cool to try to build. I know of two AE maps one is a council base the other is arachnos there is a COT map but I dont think of them as Zig prison cells. I don't know if you can get an OBO breakout mission which of course is a great map. Actually you can get it as an AE map as I used it on live so there you go a possible rp map for the ig including a hole for your possible breakout. Nect time your heading to the Zig call Saul Goodman 😉

Reminds me I need to find my old AE file,

When you wake up seek the courage and strength to do the right thing.
Decide that this will be another day in which you Walk The Talk.

American Valor Sentinel of Liberty

RP Forums: Paragon University thread

FBSA Home Page

6 hours ago, Snarky said:

Why?

Villains break out of the Zig, beating the guards senseless.  Or killing them.  Or beating then killing them.

The only worse RP scenario I can think of is slavery.  It is only worse in that those being oppressed are oppressed out of sheer capitalist greed.  Although that opens up the discussion of corporate investment in prisons.

But on topic.  Why?

Why not?

All RP is eventually backstory of some sort, breaking out of the Zig or having stories contained therein serves the same purpose as all RP -- to develop your character. Prison focused RP would be just as fruitful as any other form of RP, it could be a tale a character could tell to others once they busted out and you decided to continue the characters story outside of that setting.

If you wanted to make this an SG it might be worth considering making a prison themed on the Ziggurat in an SG base, that way there is easier access for players logging on to get involved. Could have things like a cafeteria, yard, special holding cells for Villains that have certain powers etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Latex said:

Why not?

All RP is eventually backstory of some sort, breaking out of the Zig or having stories contained therein serves the same purpose as all RP -- to develop your character. Prison focused RP would be just as fruitful as any other form of RP, it could be a tale a character could tell to others once they busted out and you decided to continue the characters story outside of that setting.

If you wanted to make this an SG it might be worth considering making a prison themed on the Ziggurat in an SG base, that way there is easier access for players logging on to get involved. Could have things like a cafeteria, yard, special holding cells for Villains that have certain powers etc.

My plan was to have it be in a peace of the Zig yes and you could RP in the yard (under Guard supervision) then use a Base portal back into the main Prison.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Snarky said:

Why?

But on topic.  Why?

I seen more then a Few Demon RPers who like being "slaves" to there summoners. We might just Rp in different circles 😉

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, kito said:

My plan was to have it be in a peace of the Zig yes and you could RP in the yard (under Guard supervision) then use a Base portal back into the main Prison.

good luck with that.  reminds me of tony sopranos nightmare of doing twenty years inside playing cards with pauli walnuts

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, kito said:

Best to read about the prison experiment before attempting this. I don’t think it would go well, if I’m being honest.

• Like 3

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

Are you thinking of this as a long-term thing? It might be hard to stretch it out much unless the characters in it are sort of semi-NPCs who mostly support other's stories.

I do have a character who spent a bit of time in the Zig and I'd want her to have some contacts from that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Magairlín said:

Are you thinking of this as a long-term thing? It might be hard to stretch it out much unless the characters in it are sort of semi-NPCs who mostly support other's stories.

I do have a character who spent a bit of time in the Zig and I'd want her to have some contacts from that.

I don't plan anything, I just test my Idea and RP it till the RP dies down. I'll be asking around my Circle of friends see if anyone want to be the warden and guards if anyone has prisoners who can Rp in the Sg and then open it up to the public if/when its rdy. I mean Be nice if this takes off and we have a SG that can last a year + where people can come and go as they want and give new/old toons a Zig to RP in between Crimes and such.

• Like 1

I think if you have the time, motivation, and building capacity to build the thing, go for it. Cuz the same folks saying "why, what for, I wouldn't do it if I were you" are the same folks who'll end up using it once it's made public 🙂 

A super jail (Zig or otherwise) has great potential for RP. Made use of one recently.

• Thumbs Up 2

It will be the Zig I started the rough layout and will start to decorate it and such after i get some people to double check things like how the layout will work where guard post will be what we might need for RP. Like should there be a visit room? or one of them room where they talk threw glass Etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kito said:

It will be the Zig I started the rough layout and will start to decorate it and such after i get some people to double check things like how the layout will work where guard post will be what we might need for RP. Like should there be a visit room? or one of them room where they talk threw glass Etc.

So, I definitely think the basics of a prison are a great foundation to start.

Visit room, commissary, medical wing, solitary, recreational court of some sort, super max solitary cells, library, administration building

Just some rough ideas

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Tanklet said:

I think if you have the time, motivation, and building capacity to build the thing, go for it. Cuz the same folks saying "why, what for, I wouldn't do it if I were you" are the same folks who'll end up using it once it's made public 🙂 

A super jail (Zig or otherwise) has great potential for RP. Made use of one recently.

The base, sure, if it's public that is. That, I think, would be cool.

If it's honestly just a group of close friends, it still can get a liiitle like the prison experiment, but I'm sure with a smaller group size that can be nipped in the bud. Go for it I guess, OP

• Thumbs Up 2

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

On 12/12/2022 at 11:47 AM, Tanklet said:

So, I definitely think the basics of a prison are a great foundation to start.

Visit room, commissary, medical wing, solitary, recreational court of some sort, super max solitary cells, library, administration building

Just some rough ideas

If you want I can send you its BC and you can msg me any ieas you have for layouts things that might be missing etc.

• Like 1