Grav/Storm/Leviathan w/ Sorcery - need build help

BazookaTwo

So, I have a Grav/Storm/Leviathan controller, but I'm really disappointed in it's end issues (I know, I know), and I've heard about the magic of Enflame on Singy. (Can you put Enflame on the Storm pets at all?)

I'm looking for a build that includes Enflame, Bile Spray, Shark Skin, and maybe Hibernate as an 'oh-crap' button. Endurance is key here, I want to basically set up a blender while sitting back from melee range, and keep all the pets and control fields flying. I haven't settled on incarnates yet, and prefer not to need anything to balance the build, but... it is what it is. 

I'm terrible at the build import thing, so I'll just attach my current build. 

Rough Sleeper - Controller (Gravity Control).mxd

• Even without taking Destiny Ageless or Alpha Cardiac, Incarnates can help a lot with endurance management. Musculature Radial boosts end mod. Hybrid Support provides an always-on endurance discount.
  • Not sure what your strategy is with all the purples, but you missed several opportunities for the 5-slot 10% recharge bonus (Crushing Field, Wormhole, Water Spout). Increasing your global recharge could reduce your reliance on Hasten (which has an endurance crash).
  • Recommend slotting KB>KD in Propel, Wormhole and Tornado.
  • Slotting Freezing Rain for damage is a waste. Slot 2x recharge or a defense debuff set.
  • You have no recharge slotted in Wormhole. You want this up as often as possible.
  • Singularity doesn't really need the defense bonuses, but it does need accuracy and damage. I would 5 or 6 slot Expedient Reinforcement.
  • Chance for +end does nothing in Lightning Storm. 
  • Thumbs Up 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 12/30/2022 at 9:25 PM, BazookaTwo said:

So, I have a Grav/Storm/Leviathan controller, but I'm really disappointed in it's end issues (I know, I know), and I've heard about the magic of Enflame on Singy. (Can you put Enflame on the Storm pets at all?)

I'm looking for a build that includes Enflame, Bile Spray, Shark Skin, and maybe Hibernate as an 'oh-crap' button.

Both the storm pets are untargetable.

You can always rely on the old stadbys of ageless and your alpha slot (cardiac or vigor, depending on how much you need acc) to resolve end issues. However, well-played stormies often still run short on end. There is simply no getting around the fact that its powers are extremely costly.

If you want end, why is there no numina's unique in your build? There is a guide to maximizing recovery using the health/stamina procs and uniques on a very limited slot budget. Consult it here.

This is your build with vengeance turned off:

gravstorm.png.46736fb6443a076a16e17ef44e53aa5c.png

You have an absolutely pitiful amount of recharge, nonexistent survivability, no coherent mitigation strategy, and too many endurance-hungry powers. You need focused, informed build goals and more directed effort towards areas that will improve your build: recharge and preferably some form of defense (since you're not taking soul drain nor have any melee-centric pbaoe powers, ranged is the easiest to build for).

A stormie is defined by freezing rain, lightning storm and tornado. It displays its full potential only with permahasten+ levels of rech (~175% or more global rech) allowing it to shit out nearly 3x lightning storms and 2x tornadoes nearly permanently while double-stacking freezing rains on foes. It is absolutely critical that you increase your amount of global rech rather than putzing around getting minute amounts of exotic resistances that will not ultimately increase your survival by much.

Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed

It will not be easy to fit enflame into your build, since it is very costly on power choices.

• The easiest option, in terms of reaching recharge goals, is to drop teleportation for sorcery. In that case a possible build might drop SJ, Teleport Target and Assault to take 3x sorcery powers including enflame. However, this does cost you the ability to port singie around with teleport target.
  • Another option might be to drop Leaping instead. However the loss of an lotg mule essentially costs you 7.5% rech and a substantial amount of defense - 60% of a steamy mist's worth.

It is up to you to decide which you value more.

Level 2: Gravity Distortion

• (A) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration
  • (25) Superior Will of the Controller - Recharge/Chance for Psionic Damage
  • (27) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Superior Will of the Controller - Control Duration/Recharge
  • (45) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance
  • (48) Superior Will of the Controller - Endurance/Recharge

Controller ST holds should be 6x damage procced where possible. Slotted like this, they are the highest-dpa attack most controllers have access to, even competitive with good attacks from dps AT's

In your case, since you have the apoc set in another of your ST blasts, you can also consider 5x damage procs and 1x frankenslotting: neuronic shutdown, GW embrace, gladiator's net, unbreakable constraint, 2x gladiator's javelin (proc and A/D).

Will of the controller can go in your aoe hold instead. It's not recommended to put the full set in Wormhole, because the damage proc cancels the ability of wormhole to not alert enemies.

Level 6: Propel

• (A) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
  • (9) Superior Winter's Bite - Recharge/Chance for -Speed & -Recharge
  • (9) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (11) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (11) Decimation - Chance of Build Up

This should be 5x decimation for the recharge bonus (alternately, thunderstrikes for ranged defense is also a good choice, depending on how much rech and def you have).

Note that the decimation proc is very underwhelming anyway. It's only a 1 PPM proc, and has a duration of only 5.25s. It is rarely worth slotting on its own, especially on low-damage scale AT's.

You have many 3x and 4x purple and winter sets like this, seemingly only for the 6% F/C res bonus. You don't need to go out of your way to accrue 6% F/C res bonuses; you will naturally get 4-5 of them just from purple sets if you are making a recharge-centric build, as you absolutely should be. Furthermore, you already have a hilariously overcapped amount of cold res (88%, capped at 75%). Unless you are farming enemies that only deal cold damage for some reason, a focus on ranged def + S/L res provides more survivability against a wider spectrum of enemies.

Level 10: Steamy Mist

• (A) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance
  • (13) Shield Wall - Defense
  • (13) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

Why is there no LotG global here?

Level 12: Combat Jumping

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (15) Kismet - Accuracy +6%
  • (15) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

The D/E is not necessary as this power does not use a significant amount of end.

Dropping the D/E loses only 0.36% def to all while saving a slot.

Level 14: Crushing Field

• (A) Gravitational Anchor - Recharge/Accuracy
  • (34) Trap of the Hunter - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (37) Gravitational Anchor - Immobilize/Endurance
  • (46) Gravitational Anchor - Chance for Hold

Controller aoe immobs are usually 1) proc-bombs or 2) grav anchor mules, rarely enfeebled operation mules if you need S/L def desperately. In this case, you don't need a proc-bomb as you should have decent aoe damage already with your storms, water spouts, and tornadoes. Adding just 1 slot and changing the slotting to 5x grav anchor would gain a huge amount of recharge and acc. An alternative middle ground is 5x posiblasts (all but D/rech), giving a good rech bonus, 1 damage proc and a good amount of damage enhancement; especially worth considering if you are already capped on 10% rech bonuses.

Level 16: Freezing Rain

• (A) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage
  • (17) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (17) Annihilation - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (25) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (43) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

Freezing rain needs a high amount of recharge to bring its recharge time as close to 15s as possible so you can double-stack it. I love how you have -res procs out the wazoo but somehow not double-stacked freezing rain. Double-stacking freezing rain on hard targets gives guaranteed extra -res. Forgoing rech bonuses and rech enhancements here, only to slot -res procs elsewhere, is paying pounds to pinch pennies.

5x bombardments is a better option to pick up a rech bonus while also gaining high recharge enhancement (and even a damage proc). You can still fit an achiles' proc in the 6th slot if you really want.

Level 22: Hurricane

• (A) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Endurance
  • (23) Dark Watcher's Despair - Chance for Recharge Slow
  • (34) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff
  • (40) Dampened Spirits - To Hit Debuff/Endurance

This is funny because I've never seen someone go out of their way to avoid useful set bonuses before. Specifically, the 5% recharge from 4x DWD in this case.

4x DWD boosted to +5 (all except R/E and the proc) would gain a 5% rech bonus while offering superior -tohit and endredux enhancement.

You may also consider skipping hurricane entirely, since modern builds can muster enough def that you are less dependent on the -tohit and -range from hurricane, and things die quickly enough in the current meta that you don't really have a lot of time to corral them. Hurricane is not a bad power, but there are successful stormies that skip it.

Level 24: Tactics

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance
  • (31) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up
  • (31) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff

Level 49: Assault

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

You will likely not have enough end to run assault. Tactics is useful, however on your build, skipping it (or at least running it situationally - you may not be able to afford to loss of vengeance as an lotg mule) may be a net gain. You already have -def from freezing rain making the tohit from tactics less critical.

Look at the base endurance costs of your powers. Tornado is 20 end. Waterspout is 26 (!!) end. Lightning storm is 31 end. You do not have the end to run 3 leadership toggles, hurricane, steamy mist, enflame, and still shit out freezing rains and lightning storms as a good stormie ought to be doing. Something from this list (likely multiple things) will have to go. If you are certain you want enflame no matter what, then the most obvious candidates are one or more leadership toggles and/or hurricane.

Level 26: Wormhole

• (A) Superior Overpowering Presence - Accuracy/Control Duration
  • (27) Absolute Amazement - Chance for ToHit Debuff
  • (29) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge
  • (29) Superior Overpowering Presence - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance
  • (31) Absolute Amazement - Stun

Changing this to 5x absolute amazement would give a large rech and acc bonus while replacing one of your precious 6% FC res bonuses from elsewhere.

You do not need the 8% mez enhancement bonus from Underwhelming Absence since unlike dominators (which are really balanced around domination), controller aoe mezzes generally have good base durations. As for the ST mezzes, just cast them again.

The FF proc in a long-recharge power like wormhole is not bad, but does not make a huge difference. FF proc shines in a fast-recharging aoe power, say foot stomp, where it can be maintained with high uptime. In a long-recharge aoe power such as this, you may consider it a luxury.

Level 28: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (49) Recharge Reduction IO

Why are these not boosted?

To input boosted IO's in mids, right-click on the slot, select the IO, press + on the numpad to boost, then place as usual.

Level 32: Singularity

• (A) Call to Arms - Defense Bonus Aura for Pets
  • (33) Expedient Reinforcement - Resist Bonus Aura for Pets
  • (33) Edict of the Master - Defense Bonus
  • (34) Blood Mandate - Damage

These uniques are really designed for masterminds, for whom losing pets is costly (both the lost dps from the dead pet and having to resummon and re-upgrade the new one). Your lightning storm and tornado are untargetable, and if singie dies, just re-summon it.

A much better slotting is 4x expedient reinforcement for a recharge bonus.

Level 35: Water Spout

• (A) Ragnarok - Damage
  • (36) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge
  • (36) Ragnarok - Chance for Knockdown
  • (36) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (37) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge/Accuracy

This should be 5x ragnaroks for the recharge bonus. -res procs are luxuries, but you can still fit one in the 6th slot if you really want.

Note that the water spout does knockback. Some people put a KB2KD in it for this reason, though as a controller you can also use your aoe immob to control the knockback.

Level 38: Lightning Storm

• (A) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage
  • (39) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
  • (39) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (39) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End
  • (40) Performance Shifter - EndMod
  • (49) Devastation - Damage/Recharge

The performance shifter proc gives +end to the caster of the power. It will not give you end when the lightning storm fires, but when you summon it, so it is somewhat less effective than it seems.

The KB2KD is a worthy choice in this power, but the rest of Overblown Farce is not. Consider thunderstrikes or apocs in here, mixing and matching pieces to max out rech enhancement.

Level 41: Shark Skin

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
  • (42) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (42) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (42) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

If you are going for defense as the GA +3% def suggests, why is there no steadfast +3% def anywhere in your build? (The latter even gives res enhancement while the former does not.)

If you want def, pick a defense vector (ranged, S/L, all) and target (usually 32.5%, 40% or 45%) and build for that. Random uniques and miniscule bonuses, without coordinated effort, are not better than placebo.

Level 44: Tornado

• (A) Soulbound Allegiance - Damage
  • (45) Soulbound Allegiance - Damage/Recharge
  • (45) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up
  • (46) Sovereign Right - Resistance Bonus
  • (46) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (47) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage

Tornado notably takes expedient reinforcement (despite not being a targetable pet). 4x expedients 1x frankenslotting (to max out rech) and optionally a KB2KD is an easy way of picking up some much-needed rech.

Edited by Zect
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

My only internet is this phone so I can't open and see your build but both Uun and Zect's posts look to be very solid advice.

What are you hoping to be able to do with your character?  Large PuG team, small teams, solo, solo vs +4/×8 and or AVs?

I think an all rounder, but I would love to build an AV killer, and I mostly solo, so the highest difficulty solo I could manage! 

Incidentally, I only have one AV killer in my arsenal and he's a Ninjas/Time MM.

Zect, and Uun, thank you. You just gave me a boot camp on grav/storm and i learned a lot here. I am afk til I get back to Thailand, from Laos, but I'll kick this stuff around on the test server when I get home. 

I really appreciate it as I've never properly built a controller. I'm a blaster/brute/sent guy mostly. 

Edited by BazookaTwo

4 hours ago, BazookaTwo said:

I think an all rounder, but I would love to build an AV killer, and I mostly solo, so the highest difficulty solo I could manage! 

Incidentally, I only have one AV killer in my arsenal and he's a Ninjas/Time MM.

Gravity/Storm is tough to solo AVs, as there's no -regen. Stock up on Envenomed Daggers.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Hi! I have a 50 grav/storm I haven't tricked out yet and was thinking of this very same idea, because tornadoes obviously. 

Here is something I came up with.

You can very easily forego coralax to get some extra slots or an extra power, maybe slip some more accuracy in.

I was thinking ST rotation of gravity distortion (with some procs) arcane bolt (for more regen) and lift. On teams you drop lightning storms and the tornadoes, enflame singy, stun with wormhole, and drop freezing rain. I think there is plenty to do.

I'm not an expert builder and happy to hear critiques as well.

Peace in the new year!

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Gravity Control
Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Sorcery
Ancillary Pool: Leviathan Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), FrcFdb-Rechg%(25)
Level 1: Gale -- Artl-End/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(3), Artl-Dam/End(5), Artl-Acc/Dam(7), Artl-Dam/Rech(7), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(9)
Level 2: Gravity Distortion -- BslGaz-Slow%(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(29), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(33), UnbCns-Dam%(34), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(34), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(34)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(5)
Level 6: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(31), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(31), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(33)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(11), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13), GldArm-3defTpProc(15)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(15), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(46)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(43), Rgn-Dmg(45)
Level 18: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(19)
Level 20: Arcane Bolt -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), ExpStr-Acc/KB(21), ExpStr-Dmg/KB(21), ExpStr-Dam%(23)
Level 22: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(23)
Level 24: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 26: Wormhole -- AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(A), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(45), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(50)
Level 28: Gravity Distortion Field -- BslGaz-Slow%(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(29)
Level 30: Enflame -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpStr-Dam%(A), ExpStr-Acc/KB(46), ExpStr-Dmg/KB(46)
Level 35: Tornado -- SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(A), ExpStr-Dam%(36), ExpStr-Acc/KB(36), ExpStr-Dmg/KB(36), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(37), AchHee-ResDeb%(37)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Apc-Acc/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(40), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(40)
Level 41: Water Spout -- Artl-End/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(42), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(42), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(42), TchofLadG-%Dam(43), AchHee-ResDeb%(43)
Level 44: Shark Skin -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Summon Coralax -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(50), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Hibernate -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 1: Stamina -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Arcane Power 
------------

Controller - Gravity Control - Storm Summoning.mxd

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, professoronblow said:

Hi! I have a 50 grav/storm I haven't tricked out yet and was thinking of this very same idea, because tornadoes obviously. 

Here is something I came up with.

You can very easily forego coralax to get some extra slots or an extra power, maybe slip some more accuracy in.

I was thinking ST rotation of gravity distortion (with some procs) arcane bolt (for more regen) and lift. On teams you drop lightning storms and the tornadoes, enflame singy, stun with wormhole, and drop freezing rain. I think there is plenty to do.

I'm not an expert builder and happy to hear critiques as well.

• Slotting Gale for damage is a huge waste. It does all of 3 pts of damage.
  • Gravity Distortion needs more accuracy.
  • Slotting Freezing Rain for damage is also a waste, as is the +kd proc. Slot 2x recharge IO or a defense debuff set.
  • Not sure what you're doing with Arcane Bolt. Why are you slotting for kb? Needs accuracy and damage.
  • Add a kb>kd in Wormhole.
  • Nowhere near enough accuracy in GDF.
  • Slot Singularity w/ Expedient Reinforcement. Why are you enhancing kb?
  • Not sure what you're doing with Tornado, but again, slot Expedient Reinforcement plus the kb>kd.
  • Water Spout doesn't do kb, it does ku. You don't need the kb>kd.

On 1/2/2023 at 1:55 AM, Zect said:

Level 44: Tornado

• (A) Soulbound Allegiance - Damage
  • (45) Soulbound Allegiance - Damage/Recharge
  • (45) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up
  • (46) Sovereign Right - Resistance Bonus
  • (46) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (47) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage

Tornado notably takes expedient reinforcement (despite not being a targetable pet). 4x expedients 1x frankenslotting (to max out rech) and optionally a KB2KD is an easy way of picking up some much-needed rech.

Procs are pretty much a waste in Tornado thanks to the way it works. It's essentially a pet running a small AoE aura / toggle and toggles / auras proc really poorly (they only check once every 10 seconds). There is one exception though....

My preferred slotting for Tornado is 4 Expedients for the set bonus (everything bar the Resist aura and Dam/End), 1 Overwhelming Force kb2kd (because it brings the damage up too) and a Forced Feedback Chance for Recharge because that will trigger every time you cast the Tornado. 

You can repeat the trick with Lightning Storm. 3-4 Thunderstrikes or whatever, a Forced Feedback and 1-2 slots of whatever you like (I do Overwhelming Force kb2kd because I don't like LS knocking things but up to you). LS needs a lot of End to cast so slotting for -End isn't a bad idea. In combat I'll usually drop Tornado, fart about with other things for 5 seconds then LS. That gives me ~10 seconds of +100% recharge. 

As for dealing with Endurance on a Storming you need to fully slot Stamina (1 Performance chance for End, 2 +5 End IOs), Panacea in Health (this is the single strongest IO for End recovery), then Miracle and / or Numina uniques if you can too. Miracle is slightly stronger than the +5 End IO in stamina (15% as oppose to 12.5%) and Numina slightly weaker (10% against 12.5%) so if you only have two extra slots go Health with Panacea & Miracle, Stamina with Performance Shifter & a +5 End IO. But I usually end up with 2 in health and 3 in Stamina, skipping Numina. 

I typically then take either Mu or Ice as my epic (I understand concept is king and wanting Water Spout on a Stormie makes sense). Ice gives you Hibernate as a "Combat Rest" to recover. Mu gives you Power Sink. I started on Ice for the Freezing Rain > Ice Storm combo and Defensive Armour (if you're skipping Fighting the Def Ice Armour can take the Resist uniques which usually go into Tough, handy for some controllers) but switched to Mu for the great Resist armour, Power Sink, Ball Lightning and Summon Guardian (with 4 more Expedients in there for the set bonus again). 

I love Water Spout, and have it on my KM/bio stalker as well. It's a great way to keep things busy while I spam my two AOE attacks (Burst and DNA Siphon.

Bile Spray is a great cone, plus it looks cooler to puke on your enemies than it does to breath fire or ice.

My AOE rotation once all the pets are out is going to be Worm > GDF > CF > Bile Spray until I have to recast stormy stuff.

ST rotation when I need it will be GD > Arcane Bolt > Lift > Propel. 

This thing is definitely gonna be drinking the blue juice, I'll probably turn off some inspiration types in favor or stuff with blue in it. 

Edited by BazookaTwo

Thanks @Uun and @Carnifax for substantive feedback, much appreciated. 

I made some of the changes you suggested. Of note, I couldn't slot expedient reinforcement into lightning storm, maybe a problem with mids vs a change in the game... will have to test later.

I made the weird choices I did for set bonuses... but the tradeoff was poor, in retrospect. Again, appreciate the time involved in looking over a build, and providing critique, mighty generous of you.

Here is take two; just a smidge below cap on ranged defense, at cap for energy and negative, and reasonable-ish resist to smashing/lethal.

I worked in enflame and singy and tried to pay attention to the blue bar... still looks like it might be hungry but not as bad.

the winter's set in lightning storm may or not be a good idea, was chasing more +recovery and defense bonuses

Otherwise, made the choices you recommended and it looks a lot better. I ditched coralax, waste of time. I don't like propel but it works ok to get defense up.... still have 3 slots leftover to go wherever... maybe a kismet vs more accuracy in some key powers? Or decrease further recharge on freezing rain?

Thanks again!!!!

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(25)
Level 1: Gale -- Artl-End/Rech/Rng(A)
Level 2: Gravity Distortion -- BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(7), BslGaz-Acc/Hold(7), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(9)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(5)
Level 6: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(31), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(31), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(33)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(11), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13), GldArm-3defTpProc(15)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(15), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(46)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 18: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(19)
Level 20: Arcane Bolt -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Apc-Dam%(21), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(21), Apc-Acc/Rchg(23), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43)
Level 22: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(23)
Level 24: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 26: Wormhole -- AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(A), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(27), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(40), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(45), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(50)
Level 28: Gravity Distortion Field -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(29), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(29), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(48)
Level 30: Enflame -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(34), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(34), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(45), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 35: Tornado -- ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(36), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(40)
Level 41: Water Spout -- Artl-End/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(42), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(42), Artl-Dam/Rech(42), Artl-Dam/End(43), Artl-Acc/Dam(43)
Level 44: Shark Skin -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Propel -- Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), Thn-Acc/Dmg(48)
Level 49: Hibernate -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 20: Arcane Power 
------------

Controller - Gravity Control - Storm Summoning.mxd

5 hours ago, professoronblow said:

I made some of the changes you suggested. Of note, I couldn't slot expedient reinforcement into lightning storm, maybe a problem with mids vs a change in the game... will have to test later.

Expedient into Tornado, whatever you like into Lightning, like you say it won't take Pet sets. I used a 3-4 Tornados for the Ranged Def but 5 Winters works too. Although personally I'd take the Forced Feedback over the kb2kd because that constant stream of Recharge buffs is nice. 

You've 3 slots to go. I'd move 2 slots into Grav D and pad out your hold. Also since Rune is only up some of the time remove slots from it (use it as a Gladiators mule) and that gives you slots to fill Shark Skin. Also remember after the last update powers open up earlier, so I've rejigged things so you get your Big Hitters earlier (Wormhole, Singy, Tornado and LS). 

Also personally I wouldn't bother with Propel that late. You could take Hurricane (it's situationally good) or something like the Coralax pet 4 slotted if you prefer. Hurricane 4 slotted with Dark Watchers or Coralax with Expendient. You'll lose a little ranged def but in terms of single target attacks Hold > Lift > Bolt will do (Propel is an iconic Grav power I know but Propel + Arcane probably isn't needed). 

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.4.7

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lift

• (A) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (3) Thunderstrike - Damage/Recharge
  • (5) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (9) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (19) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (25) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance

Level 1: Gale

• (A) Artillery - Endurance/Recharge/Range

• (A) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (7) Unbreakable Constraint - Recharge/Accuracy
  • (7) Unbreakable Constraint - Hold/Recharge/Accuracy
  • (9) Unbreakable Constraint - Hold/Endurance
  • (33) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (50) Unbreakable Constraint - Hold

Level 4: Hasten

• (5) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 6: Kick

• (A) Empty

Level 8: Crushing Field

• (A) Superior Will of the Controller - Recharge/Chance for Psionic Damage
  • (31) Superior Will of the Controller - Control Duration/Recharge
  • (31) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance/Recharge
  • (31) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration
  • (33) Superior Will of the Controller - Endurance/Recharge
  • (33) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (11) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (13) Resist Damage IO
  • (13) Resist Damage IO

Level 12: Combat Jumping

• (15) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (17) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (46) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

Level 14: Tough

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

• (37) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 18: Weave

• (19) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 20: Arcane Bolt

• (A) Apocalypse - Damage
  • (21) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (21) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Apocalypse - Recharge/Accuracy
  • (34) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance

Level 22: Wormhole

• (A) Absolute Amazement - Chance for ToHit Debuff
  • (23) Absolute Amazement - Stun/Endurance
  • (27) Absolute Amazement - Recharge/Accuracy
  • (40) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown
  • (45) Absolute Amazement - Stun/Recharge/Accuracy
  • (50) Absolute Amazement - Stun/Recharge

Level 24: Mystic Flight

• (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance
  • (34) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 26: Singularity

• (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (27) Expedient Reinforcement - Resist Bonus Aura for Pets
  • (34) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage
  • (45) Expedient Reinforcement - Damage/Endurance
  • (46) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (46) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge

Level 28: Tornado

• (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge
  • (29) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (29) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage
  • (37) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown
  • (37) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 30: Lightning Storm

• (A) Superior Winter's Bite - Recharge/Chance for -Speed & -Recharge
  • (15) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (39) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (39) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (40) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • (40) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 32: Rune of Protection

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 35: Gravity Distortion Field

• (A) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Hold
  • (36) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (36) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (48) Basilisk's Gaze - Recharge/Hold

Level 38: Enflame

• (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (39) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (50) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

Level 41: Water Spout

• (A) Artillery - Endurance/Recharge/Range
  • (42) Artillery - Accuracy/Recharge/Range
  • (42) Artillery - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Artillery - Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Artillery - Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Artillery - Accuracy/Damage

Level 44: Shark Skin

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (25) Resist Damage IO
  • (45) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance

Level 47: Hurricane

• (A) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff
  • (48) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Recharge
  • (48) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Endurance
  • (23) Dark Watcher's Despair - Recharge/Endurance

Level 49: Hibernate

• (A) Synapse's Shock - EndMod/Increased Run Speed

Level 1: Brawl

Edited by Carnifax

Update. I've gotten together a decent build, respecced into it, and I'm at least having fun, still missing a couple sets (in Bile Spray and Wormhole) but overall my recharge is beyond what I need, and my endurance is livable, and this is before I decide between Barrier, Ageless, or Incandescence (teleport pool went bye, and I can stealth most maps. So why not if I don't need Ageless?

Rune and Hibernate are my survival powers.

It's funny to set up the buzzsaw with tornado/enflame/spout/lightning/singy and just take a 30 second smoke break. 

I have no defenses to speak of except psi and cold (still way over cap there 😂), but this is a controller, and defenses seem very secondary to control. 

I'm going Cardiac, Degenerative (toxic dmg), cryonic, storm elementals, and control for incarnates, and I have Atlas and Portal Jockey already. 

I'll post the build when I get back to my gaming machine tomorrow. Thanks for the help folks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Any time I see powers that slow I think ice mistral's torment.

I also find the pure range defense doesn't cover some ranged AoEs, and I've been supplementing ranged defense with AoE defense on strictly ranged builds.

Here's a different take from all the builds I've seen posted based on your original requirements.

30% def to ranged and AoE. 4 FF proc triggers. With all the def debuffs you don't really need tactics to hit stuff unless you get blinded, hurricane can be used to kiss mobs to further neuter their to-hit and range or you can just pop a luck and get 60 seconds of godmode. Even without excessive winter IOs the build has 60% slow resist. Endurance management on toggles with only the crucial ones turned on is good and the more endurance intensive spammy powers such as freezing rain, tornado and lightning storm all have a decent amount of end redux. You probably still want to keep p2w recovery serums ready though, storm is just that much of a hog especially when those FF procs start kicking in. I took muscalature but you can take cardiac and if you do you'll probably not have any end issues.

I don't see the point of bile spray and would have taken hibernate instead but it's your concept.

Don't sleep on Ice Mistral's torment people!: Level 50 Magic Controller
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Crush

• (A) Ice Mistral's Torment - Endurance/Slow
  • (3) Ice Mistral's Torment - Damage/Recharge
  • (3) Ice Mistral's Torment - Damage/Slow
  • (5) Ice Mistral's Torment - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (7) Ice Mistral's Torment - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (7) Ice Mistral's Torment - Chance for Cold Damage

Level 1: O2 Boost

• Hamidon Origin:Golgi Exposure

• (A) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration
  • (9) Superior Will of the Controller - Control Duration/Recharge
  • (15) Superior Will of the Controller - Endurance/Recharge
  • (17) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance
  • (17) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance/Recharge
  • (19) Superior Will of the Controller - Recharge/Chance for Psionic Damage

Level 4: Combat Jumping

• (5) Kismet - Accuracy +6%

Level 6: Propel

• (A) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (45) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (45) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

Level 8: Hasten

• (9) Recharge Reduction IO

• (11) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance
  • (11) Shield Wall - Defense
  • (13) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • (13) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (15) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance

Level 12: Mystic Flight

• (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance
  • (47) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)
  • (48) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range

Level 14: Spirit Ward

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

• (19) Ice Mistral's Torment - Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Ice Mistral's Torment - Damage/Slow
  • (45) Ice Mistral's Torment - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (46) Ice Mistral's Torment - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (46) Ice Mistral's Torment - Chance for Cold Damage

Level 18: Crushing Field

• (21) Ice Mistral's Torment - Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Ice Mistral's Torment - Damage/Slow
  • (39) Ice Mistral's Torment - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (40) Ice Mistral's Torment - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (48) Ice Mistral's Torment - Chance for Cold Damage

Level 20: Enflame

• (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (21) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

Level 22: Wormhole

• (A) Absolute Amazement - Stun/Recharge/Accuracy
  • (23) Absolute Amazement - Recharge/Accuracy
  • (23) Superior Overpowering Presence - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (25) Superior Overpowering Presence - RechargeTime/Energy Font
  • (25) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown
  • (27) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 24: Maneuvers

• (34) Reactive Defenses - Defense
  • (36) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance
  • (36) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage

Level 26: Singularity

• (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (27) Expedient Reinforcement - Damage/Endurance
  • (42) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown

Level 28: Tornado

• (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage
  • (29) Expedient Reinforcement - Damage/Endurance
  • (29) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (34) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
  • (34) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 30: Lightning Storm

• (A) Superior Winter's Bite - Recharge/Chance for -Speed & -Recharge
  • (31) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (31) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (31) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • (33) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 32: Hurricane

Level 35: Water Spout

• (A) Artillery - Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge
  • (37) Artillery - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (37) Artillery - Endurance/Recharge/Range
  • (37) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown
  • (39) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 38: Gravity Distortion Field

• (A) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Hold
  • (40) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (40) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (42) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold

Level 41: Shark Skin

• Hamidon Origin:Ribosome Exposure

Level 44: Bile Spray

• (A) Accuracy IO

Level 47: Tactics

Level 49: Vengeance

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1765;787;1574;HEX;|
|78DA6554CD4F1351109FED6E292DE5B3F22520DB0A2D0814D08B27630435629B903|
|4F1669AB52CB049BBDB6C172267E56814917832D18B0AE851FF0ABD6934EAC570E6|
|4389070FA64E7776E4B96CF236BF37F39BDFCC7BF3DECBDE9E8EBE7F97B90852CB5|
|451AB54F25396E9D856B1A8DBC1ACB6601400BFD169CB4C396AA5A8EB65D532D56B|
|055DCD1A15C7D68AA98AEA587649371DB5AC5BE5A21E0F6140E2488505D3576D6DD|
|9705678DE2F502E2DCDCFA773359D7C6EA954B24CC35C80E8AC8551195D2BE32CE2|
|4E72655D9F237BCEB20BBABDD2CCA439DDAE2C1A65F572D928A4A7AD92616AA897C|
|FE8CB86E62C6A663EAB551C0CE8C2EA9238EE49F8AB0DFAAA4180308E4905021061|
|D040408128813A6864D04440F3C9E0388F2324C37DB44A6202099ECB6E4C3DBC20D|
|0042F09B4C026832D026DB04DA003B75316642419DA25AFAA3F68E853E001CE8302|
|25108427E05246E12983670412281712E5423052F384B12A0F14D01D160B0F73C60|
|85C915D4A04660844E13A951985DFBCA65FE45A1F046800A1AA06F81A702969F846|
|601CBE1058436EE3D1365671B24B7273686C168B69E636B5719BCE709B46B94D63D|
|CA6316ED31A4AB48A32AD2C738265922C93649914CB8CB3CC06D61913772F066F14|
|4FE62D8147E86E1796126C870C2DB203B20C7A89DB55EB1E811D0227619538ADD8A|
|74E2193DCC94D88C31E6DCD69D8677048600319DD4290D20DFB014FF7078161380C|
|78BBF69381977B01237BC4CA7BE08028BD1CDDCBD12A47C7E1BBEC01AFF24554E89|
|304993E784D094EC126832D06DB8AA7F78A8127A3A342BF707C7012A7F379071326|
|C43A13A004BD8D381770290350479601A867E0AD32C909D6516150DCE141F81070E|
|F530A3E32F84460183E1358C5DC43E2551B72BBE452CED2464CC0057A00EEE27C44|
|7C1A46B00D2E2586CD4D8B6B4BD3DAF018A16742F44C70DB6B4706E0BF87A68A9F7|
|B82447B35739C28D38A6715F1A9428F4412BB91636FD81895B3EFF3A04E5CF66ED6|
|0CDA53B5CB7C830ADC3BAE32442A073E0FC2C7FC003CA48655FF7DB3489E14C8D59|
|B7E83E637DCF21B32319FE12F7C29F029|

• Confused 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

4 hours ago, BazookaTwo said:

I have no defenses to speak of except psi and cold (still way over cap there 😂), but this is a controller, and defenses seem very secondary to control. 

Most of my Controllers currently lack much defense beyond what's more or less built in.  I chase recharge.  That's not to say I will pass on low hanging fruit (the two 3% uniques, an additional slot usually a 6th after a 5th provides recharge, Steamy Mist and similar auras, etc.) but gaining recharge is the overall build goal.  I aim to have several mez options available for each spawn that can neuter the mob.  At that point defense and resistance become far less needed as the foes simply can't effectively attack.  That might change with new Hard Mode and Incarnate content.

• Like 1

@BazookaTwoYou are going to want some kb-kd in singularity and wormhole. Propel doesn't need it, it's mostly single target and by the time you propel something you can crushing field the target first to disable KB for a few seconds, as you want containment damage when you use propel in the first place.

Wormhole is an opener, your opening sequence is not going to be crushing field first then wormhole, so kb-kd is essential here. The whole point of enflame on singularity is to have Sing suck mobs up and burn them down, without the kb-kd mobs will bounce right off and you won't be able to maximize the potential of enflame.

You also don't need to 6 proc the ST hold on every single controller build. Gravity has propel, and it eases the need to get more DPS out of your controls by stuffing procs in them. Storm also has damage but matures mid-late game. So you can shift those slots elsewhere if you are looking at the big picture.

All in all you can use more force feedback procs and not in gale because it's not going proc very consistently in that power and also you don't have any investment in gale for ACC or kb-kd. There are the powers that FF will trigger consistently in - wormhole, tornado, lightning storm, and water spout.

I'd replace Gale with O2 boost now that you can take the Tier 2 on character creation. It provides immunity to stun and sleep to teammates and is a much more useful power on teams.

If you want more survival put a preventive medicine absorb proc in spirit ward. You are not going to be actually using that toggle too often and the proc triggers passively even if you aren't using the power.

Steamy mist can also take resist enhancements if you care to bump up your resists more. Most people do it because it covers a lot of damage types.

I would happily rip the 3 sunk sluts into hurricane for a paltry 5% global recharge and allocate those slots to tornado, lightning storm and water spout for more consistent FF proc triggers. Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture.

Are you going to use bile spray or is having the power for concept reasons (and never using it) enough? Storm thrives on chaos where containment has a minimum impact, bile spray needs containment to do more damage.

Dimensional shift is often misused and a very situational power. If you care more about recharge then it's better off to get an LOTG mule/utility like hover or Maneuvers.

You also don't have high psi defense, you have elusive mind turned on.

The build I created for you adheres to your build requirements and power preferences. It's more cohesive and stacks up relevant stats more efficiently. Look at the bonuses to ranged and AoE defense, slow resistance, recharge, etc.... It's slightly cheaper and doesn't rely on full purple sets to accomplish these goals. It also doesn't lag behind in the recovery department and sports decent end reduction in key powers you want to spam. The 4 FF recharge procs will bump up that 78% global recharge bonus significantly which means you can spam more freezing rains/tornadoes etc which is what makes storm powerful.

Take a look at that build, there is a method behind the madness. If you have any questions I'm happy to answer them.

Edited by Nemu

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

2 hours ago, Nemu said:

Propel doesn't need it, it's mostly single target and by the time you propel something you can crushing field the target first to disable KB for a few seconds, as you want containment damage when you use propel in the first place.

Crushing Field doesn't have -kb.  You need to use Gravity Distortion (or Gravity Distortion Field), plus it gives you bonus damage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for catching that. I remember one of the mez provided -kb on my grav/psi dom. So @BazookaTwo, instead of crushing field -> propel do Gravity distortion -> propel. That will save you a slot on propel.

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

The thing is, I'm enjoying this build as it stands. I tend to use GDF, GD, then Enflame and CF on mobs, then freezing rain, spout, tornado and lightning.

After that i use cryonic and bile spray. 

In rare cases I'll propel/lift after all that is done.

Wormhole isn't an opener for me, and singy does fine as just part of the pile of other stuff. Gale seems to speed up cf, so that i cans reliably have 2-3 energy fonts going on too.

Enflame is an extremely flexible power. 

Wormhole and enflame are situational utilities to me. So is dimension sfift. I'd be bored if i opened with wormhole every fight. I'd be bored if i put kb-kd on all my powers. 

Nothing in my power picks is unused, except maybe Dimension shift. I don't feel like i need more end or recharge now.

I use hibernate after I've dropped everything on the table if i didn't avoid catching heat. It works pretty well, and usually rune is ready to go after hibernate is done. 

I'm fairly happy with the build. I don't mind enemies flying everywhere when I solo. And the grav powers help to prevent scatter, and i manage to not piss off a team, except if i use gale. 

Maybe the absorb proc is a good idea, though.

Edited by BazookaTwo

That's cool, I'm glad your build works for you. I just want to share how I see optimization and building with your requirements in mind.

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

• 2 months later
On 1/1/2023 at 7:55 PM, Zect said:

Note that the water spout does knockback. Some people put a KB2KD in it for this reason, though as a controller you can also use your aoe immob to control the knockback.

Grav aoe immobilize is unique as it is the only immobilize that does not prevent knockback. Gravs need -kb in WH, tornado, and waterspout (usually OF in waterspout). LS is optional

Also, grav can wormhole mobs in a corner, root, and keep them there with hurricane making a pretty sick tornado/fr/ls buffet while solo. Its better to tp sing in there than leave him out with some pbaoe. 

I like range def for flyers. That should protect you from most mezzes (the thing that kills controllers). Consider 2 enzymes in hurricane to save slots. 

My grav/storm has a bad build. I haven't invested in him yet but I'm thinking of;

Spoiler

Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Teleportation

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Lift                Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg(3), GldJvl-Dam%(5), ExpStr-Dam%(5), FrcFdb-Rechg%(7)
Level 1:    O2 Boost            NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(43), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(46), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(50), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(50), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 2:    Gravity Distortion        SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(7), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(9), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(11)
Level 4:    Hover                LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(13)
Level 6:    Propel                Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(15), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), FrcFdb-Rechg%(17)
Level 8:    Crushing Field            HO:Endo(A)
Level 10:    Steamy Mist            Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(19), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(21), Rct-Def/Rchg(21), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Rct-ResDam%(23)
Level 12:    Dimension Shift            SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(A)
Level 14:    Fly                BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16:    Freezing Rain            RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18:    Hasten                RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 20:    Hurricane            HO:Enzym(A), HO:Enzym(25)
Level 22:    Wormhole            AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(29), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(29), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(31)
Level 24:    Thunder Clap            Stp-Acc/Rchg(A), Stp-EndRdx/Stun(31), Stp-Acc/EndRdx(31), Stp-Stun/Rng(33), Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg(33)
Level 26:    Singularity            ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(34), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34)
Level 28:    Tornado                ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(34), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36), SlbAll-Build%(37)
Level 30:    Lightning Storm            Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(37), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Rchg(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(39)
Level 32:    Teleport Target            WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 35:    Kick                Empty(A)
Level 38:    Tough                Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(40), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 41:    Weave                LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 44:    Water Spout            Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(45), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(45), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(45), Bmbdmt-Dam(46), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(46)
Level 47:    Shark Skin            Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(48), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 49:    Evasive Maneuvers        LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1:    Brawl                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Containment    
Level 1:    Sprint                Empty(A)
Level 2:    Rest                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Swift                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Health                Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(43), Prv-Absorb%(43)
Level 1:    Hurdle                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Stamina                PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(19)
Level 14:    Afterburner    
Level 50:    Intuition Radial Paragon    
Level 50:    Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface    
Level 50:    Barrier Core Epiphany    
Level 50:    Support Core Embodiment    
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|MxDz;1711;727;1454;HEX;|
|78DA7594594F135114C7FF339D826591A5202054A058419696AAD157232809B4062|
|DFADA4C602893B41D520A912717C2AB0BD1E01213F5C1F55BE8AB7E035F8CCFECCF|
|A69ECE9983D726DC647A7F3DFBB927F726EF8CD7FDF89EB80CAD712C6B2E2DA5C79|
|C7CB1E064B356C19F3433F62CCAAB9ABEF03F8D1845270AE68A5D5C95FFDD8AC995|
|E5F9F968AAE81472E9D4722EE7E4ED7C06B5D30E795DCBDA9985628DCBA945CB9A6|
|B7671C6CA5A8B4EA168166D275FCF96654372ECB9BA68CF46C79D9C9D3729643A61|
|ADD86671C1CCA793E652D12AACB6538111FA1E6AF4A369F056C90FBCA53D6E40C73|
|B81D70C06867D1EACEA40D04015D6755762BA61A086B9ADB99A41DC6218C10D8638|
|6E0AA40466181E696A311446C37B4E59850F0CC7F051E013430D3E0B7C6108D0F1F|
|B94309A0FAD9CA00E536CF298FEFBD5BEFDD8A4BDBF6CF29CE1385E08BC6468C42B|
|01AFEF2714A15AC94483BF581EBF0FB3240DA8AD04B0CDA99BB1C3D0825D813D861|
|3D8173860D8A010B55012D42264B89A5A6AB25E4D5D8F9F5CD41C491B544D0386CA|
|130C204C3E4DEAC13489A65DC022755049A80571893B6A17784A26AD6A6BAD98E4C|
|C2731259060E84252E03AC329FCE606E629449B12C668C35DCD33B927709FA1070F|
|04D6189ED1D6A178FB3A70A07B26BB0CBDD813D867C89043A73AF54E713AB4ED13E|
|F3E71EA93619FC618C3024508A96142888BC9A8C008C319440562025EBC084DA35B|
|9D53373A79EA3A69C2EAD4C328D1828FE411B5E9082EF071F46354E0BCC03906839|
|C0654A701B90D67D122D028106458A34286940AFC43D0FDAE66189A00044A8677C5|
|FF08FCE246D6698BAAB9A352704C0A8E49C13129F8EB205CE561F7A352709701759|
|5CA5FF95C4215F252E208C369437DA648AEB17CABE6FFF74BEC772AE434B85E9FF7|
|AE4D6AEE5B30882D966C1F1163B7424EB8A97B2FC186EE5E3ABAEF747D95FADD451|
|70271C5B134512978433735AEFA7D0B5708FE02C7F0E99E|

Disclaimer I am not an expert builder, and to quote @Snarky "Find an expert builder" =p

• Thumbs Up 2

I run a lot of Dark in various ATs.  And it consistently has end issues across the board

om my current main a Dark Dark Corr the end issues can be extreme, especially if you ise the debuff toggle (and I do)

I put in Health the Panacea, Miracle, and Numina procs and then in Stamina a Perf Shifter EndMod and PROC then a I/O endmod.  This hells a bit. I also squeezed on two Theft of Essence +end procs.  You have to tend your blue bar carefully if you want to succeed 

oh i also chased the +end set bonuses and accolades.  Sitting at 130 end.  Helps….

Edited by Snarky