Good news:new players. Bad news: horrid positrons

Snarky

On 12/31/2022 at 8:08 PM, Snarky said:

Today i slipped my new crawl toon Rogue. I went to Atlas and badged. Got a duplicating gift.  An Ouro portal.  4 DFBs for the up to 22 buffs (will do DiB 4x to extend them to 30).  Now am currently at 14.  I have completed all Redside 1-9 content.  The DFBs took me from 9-14. 

Normally I would wait to do Posi until 19 and exemp down. An extra power, more slots.  But it is the weekly.  New Years eve.  The weekend.  Roll the dice.   And lose.  Just lose

The Posi 1 was a PUG and I thought nothing about level 10 leader.  They will pass the star I thought.  You ever been wrong? Happened to me.  They also, as they started, stated they were running at +1 to ensure we got Ruin Mages.  It was not good.  There were a couple good players.  But we had team wipes.  We had a MM whose pets pulled everything from everywhere.  Which the team ignored and just split to do different things.  We get inside city hall and they go straight instead of taking the left group.  Finishing the center half the team races to the shadows (and I mean race, no wait/buff etc) and the other half pivot to the group on the left….   F that TF

A couple hours later after doing some Winter stuff I joined a Posi 2.  I checked. A level 20+ leading.  Okay.  It started okay.  Not Cosmic Council crush things while making it look like a ballet.  But okay.  Then one of the players could not find Faultline.  I gave them the copy paste base macro.  They did not understand how to copy paste.  Meanwhile the team is down two players and are hurting.  I dive into combat.  The lost player is now in Perez and someone goes to get them.  We bumble along and are still not doing horrid, it’s borderline quite a lot of the time. We keep moving. Then we get one of the oddest Oranbega maps and cannot find the glowie in the next to last mission.  WTF.  That map never shows up.  Then, last mission.  A few people are acting like speed runners.  Which is okay, get glowie go.   But….we get inside the dam and parts of the team just start. I am not sure how. to describe it.  I did ask in team chat if we had 4 MMs running ninjas on the team that I had not noticed.  They agroed everything.  They went all around the room like they were Fing sight seeing.  Is this a dam?   Is the water in here?   What is that behind those ghosts?   The speed runners have went outside and the cutscene starts.   I am TPd. (Dead) and a few players race to fight Vahz while I am still kneeling getting my blue up.  I jump up there and burn team insp for the half the team that is there.  We defeat Vahz.  TF does not complete. WTF?  Oh, they didnt get the bombs.  *facepalm

Happy New Year!!!  We have new players.  Or really drunk and stoned old players.  Anyways, back to soloing Redside.  I’ll send a postcard

You must really have a lot of free time on your hands.

6 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

You must really have a lot of free time on your hands.

A bit.  Most of my leisure time is in City of Villains.  I do work full time and keep healthy with some other stuff though.  Us old vampires have to keep moving or we freeze up.  (thats when they put you in a box and say you are in torpor.  really just thinking, why you put me in a dam box?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just gonna put it out there and say I love PuG positrons and always run them on +1, sometimes +2 cos I’m a glutton for punishment. Just takes co-ordination and - as @MoonSheep alluded to - people actually reading the chat box. “Don’t go to the steps” being a prime example.

I’m sorry you didn’t have the best time but “new people not knowing what they’re doing” excites me a bit. New players is a good thing. It is a shame they didn’t take your direction about how to get to Faultline @Snarky. This reminds me to continue asking “does everyone know how to get there?!”.

We tried to duo a x8 posi 1 before and found out the hard way it multiplied my nature corr by 4, the +regen was ridiculous and we had to insp up hard.

As an aside, on the copy/paste front… lots of employers are now finding that potential employees under about 21 can’t copy/paste or ctrl c/ ctrl p because their only experience on tech is from tablets where those functions aren’t used. I’ll find the study on it and edit if people are interested..

• Like 4

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

2 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Nothing gets me going like trying to suppress the chaos of a PuG going off the rails.  

This.  Posi 1 is great.  That amazing moment when you see people charging towards the City Hall steps and you know it's all about to go down in flames.  I love it.

• Haha 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

1 hour ago, Grouchybeast said:

This.  Posi 1 is great.  That amazing moment when you see people charging towards the City Hall steps and you know it's all about to go down in flames.  I love it.

That's one of those moments when I laugh and cry at the same time.  

What's fun with Posi 1 is you can get to the doors without triggering the ambush via teleport.   To about two squares out is a safe zone.

You can also avoid the cut scene by teleporting to the wall thru the door which is how I found out the dupes are already there, but Azuria is not.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/31/2022 at 11:08 PM, Snarky said:

The Posi 1 was a PUG and I thought nothing about level 10 leader.  They will pass the star I thought.  You ever been wrong? Happened to me.

Well, your first mistake was not soloing it.  I did Posi 1 eleven times last week.  Ten were solo and one was led by someone I know.

Whenever Posi comes up in the rotation, I solo it on every character that 1) needs XP, or 2) needs a Notice of the Well.  So that's every character who is not yet 50, plus my 50's that are not tier 4 on the Alpha slot.

• Haha 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.