Ice/Ice AT?

drgantz

I can only comment on melee.

Ice Melee is particularly good on Stalkers due to the fact they get the mediocre Greater Ice Sword replaced by the always awesome Assassin's Strike and unlike other sets proliferated to Stalkers, doesn't lose any of the set's AoE powers.  As for the armor, defense is always the better choice on a Stalker than Resistance, so the combo should be pretty good overall there.

On a Tanker, you're stuck with Greater Ice Sword but get larger AoEs.  Frozen Aura gets bigger (15ft radius, same as Foot Stomp) and Frost gets wider (135 degrees instead of 90 and can hit 16 targets).  Leveling up, Ice Patch is nice to supplement early defenses and then decide to keep it or drop it later.  It's still useful to help protect teammates, but not that needed otherwise for the tanker themselves once built.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if support toons are on your radar, but an Ice/Cold Corruptor is a swiss army knife of offensive and defensive prowess. The combo remains extremely valuable all the way up into the top 1% of content.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

1 hour ago, drgantz said:

Are there any ATs that are especially good for Ice/Ice?

Are any of the melee ATs or Blaster better than others?

Are you dead-set on ice, specifically, or are you open to any of the "ice-adjacent" sets, like storm?  I mean, stone armor and seismic blast sets have options for crystal, which can easily simulate ice...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ice control received some recent improves in QOL (offensive toggle suppression) and functioning (Cold Snap - much more interesting, Ice Parch taking damage sets, changes as to what is affected by domination all for example). And as @Spaghetti Betty said, Cold Domination has many, many tools. Would happily an ice/cold controller or ice/ice dominator. 

• Like 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Tried it on a few, mained an icex3 tank on live til corrs got /cold then it was ice/cold all the way. Rerolled the tank, made a brute, sentinel, stalker, blaster, 2 ice/cold corrs, domi. Yet to try an icex2 scrapper or an ice/cold troller but i do like the updated primary on trolls and domi's, my ice/dark troller is one of my favourites. i still like the ice/ice tank the best, something about chilling embrace and icicles, the corrs i moved away from ice primary and prefer them with elec blast now.

Icex2 stalker/sentinel/blaster/domi/brute never get played. Page 5 has me reworking so many alts it may be a year or 2 before i get around to those.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later