Kalisti Warf

QuiJon

So just a thought here. But i notice that the devs are putting alot of effort into new power sets some players like some we dont, making changes to current powers, some changes we like and others we dont etc. But lets face it, finding some new content is a universal good for everyone.

This zone has been sitting there empty since the game came back. But what if we could finish it in such a way it benefits evreyone. Like one common complaint is that playing with all the xp buffs you finish the game without playing all the stuffs. Maybe make this zone like a giant monster. You face enemies that will react to you as if they are your level. 

Maybe come up with one good arc that leads to the story line for a task force for the center, but maybe employ the help of the server to round out other contact arcs. Like hold a contest on AE for people to make mission content and the best ones could become the missions that the three or four contacts in the zone will feed you. This would give something for the AE to do plus make life a bit easier on the dev by letting others come up with the new content. 

Just a thought. It just feels like the zone is going to waste other then for costume contests. 

Have you noticed the small changes in Kalisti Warf? They are working on it. It just may be too slow for the casual person who flys over on the way to a mish from time to time.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

a whole zone for the volunteer workforce is a pretty big and more than sprinkling villains all over.  I was thinking there was talk of Warriors update and lore but I have brain fog if that is related.  My forum searching tonight is just just endless clicking.  

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Yeah, pretty sure they're promising us some Kallisti Wharf love SOON.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1c018w-4203595219.gif.73e0d61f12251db9935583c165451f7c.gif

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 1/23/2023 at 2:37 PM, QuiJon said:

But already no one goes there. It basically is a pvp zone with no work. 

KW has a few, albeit specialized uses. As a level-50 zone, it gives an alternative for individuals and teams for the Halloween event if they don't want to join the 'murder motel' league in PI and don't want to have to keep moving zones as they go up levels. Bloody Bay, Siren's Call, Warburg, and RV all have content that can be run in and around PvP activity, while KW as a PvP has nothing -- no reason for anyone to go there except for PvP fights, which need the other zones already fill -- and would have the effect of driving out the people who do use it for their own purposes as Rudra describes, as well as diluting the population of the other PvP zones. Or does anyone fantasize that making KW a PvP zone will somehow magically make more people want to engage in PvP when simply making it a PvP zone adds nothing but more room to fight in?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/24/2023 at 10:14 PM, srmalloy said:

KW has a few, albeit specialized uses. As a level-50 zone, it gives an alternative for individuals and teams for the Halloween event if they don't want to join the 'murder motel' league in PI and don't want to have to keep moving zones as they go up levels. Bloody Bay, Siren's Call, Warburg, and RV all have content that can be run in and around PvP activity, while KW as a PvP has nothing -- no reason for anyone to go there except for PvP fights, which need the other zones already fill -- and would have the effect of driving out the people who do use it for their own purposes as Rudra describes, as well as diluting the population of the other PvP zones. Or does anyone fantasize that making KW a PvP zone will somehow magically make more people want to engage in PvP when simply making it a PvP zone adds nothing but more room to fight in?

I am not looking for another PVP zone. Far as I am oncerned this game has no PVP and it is a waste of limited development time to do anything to enhance that. And i am also not looking to change what it can be used for now so far as teaming for events, co-op between factions, or even costume contests and such. I am simply stating it would maybe be nice to add in 5 or 10 contacts like the other zones have that have their own missions arcs they offer and progress through that maybe culminates into a themed Task force for the zone beyond the market crash trial that already is kind of the only thing there. 

And in doing so was thinking perhaps it would save some time from the development side to let it be a contest of using the AE to create those story arcs and use the best ones in the game as those contact missions. 

There is work being done on Kallisti Wharf.  Recently, the focus has been on finding and fixing geometry issues.  Also, there are plans for new things coming in the future, some of which will be put into Kallisti Wharf.