Why is Chrono Shift mis-slotted so often?

bellona100

I've looked at 5 or 6 builds posted on this forum.  These are all PvE builds.

Each build has Chrono Shift slotted incorrectly.  The posters of these builds took the best team buff in the set and failed with its slotting.  One poster placed a full set of Preemptive Optimization and totally ignored the Heal portion of the power.  Thats like taking the wheels off your car and using it as a covered seat in the driveway.

I'm going ahead and giving the community two proper ways to slot this fantastic team buff.  Click Active Slotting: in the lower left hand corner of Mids' to get both versions.

Chrono Shift done right - MM.mxd

• Thumbs Down 7

9 hours ago, bellona100 said:

I'm going ahead and giving the community two proper ways to slot this fantastic team buff.

Chrono Shift done right - MM.mxd

1.99 kB

· 

7 downloads

So, your 2 ways are the only ways to slot a power? Keep in mind that many people chase set bonuses, which may be why they slot powers the way they do.

The beauty of this game is that 2 people can have the same powers, slot them differently, and practically be totally different.

• Like 2

While I've 5 slotted it with Panacea more than once, I started thinking I didn't need to really enhance the heal and I could get other, possibly better set bonuses (do like the 7.5% Recharge and how the bonuses are always in effect).

However, I feel the power is more for the +RCH then END/REC and the Healing is just a nice little bonus that works well with the theme of it.

Most important part is getting it perma or as close to perma as possible for that nice +RCH bonus imo

• Thumbs Up 1

Depending on my setup, I may or may not have Chrono Shift fully slotted. It largely depends on what I am missing. But most often, I 5 slot it with Panaca for a boost in healing as well as recharge. But if I am tight on slots, I have dropped it down to 2 with just Recharge IOs before and it did just fine. Usually, I am more concerned with Farsight and Mending as far as slotting is concerned, as I almost always use those powers more often, and even when barely slotted Chrono can act just fine as a panic button for when things get hairy. It largely depends on what primary pet set I am running as well as what Epic slots I picked. Some pairings have more wiggle room than others. It also depends if I intend on Tankerminding/Being stuck in melee or if I plan on hanging back and letting Distortion field/Web Envelope slow things down and play it more of a ranged style.

So ya, it can depend. The same with any other power be honest. 

11 hours ago, bellona100 said:

One poster placed a full set of Preemptive Optimization and totally ignored the Heal portion of the power. 

Because the heal portion of Chrono Shift is the least important part of the power to a lot of people.

Fully slotted for healing, it's about a 500ish heal over 30 seconds. Two Temporal Mendings will heal more and faster.

The group-wide recharge is what people generally use it for. 50% recharge for 90 seconds is massive.

Saying "my way is the only right way to slot this power and everyone else is wrong" is pretty arrogant.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bellona100 said:

I've looked at 5 or 6 builds posted on this forum.  These are all PvE builds.

Each build has Chrono Shift slotted incorrectly.  The posters of these builds took the best team buff in the set and failed with its slotting.  One poster placed a full set of Preemptive Optimization and totally ignored the Heal portion of the power.  Thats like taking the wheels off your car and using it as a covered seat in the driveway.

I'm going ahead and giving the community two proper ways to slot this fantastic team buff.  Click Active Slotting: in the lower left hand corner of Mids' to get both versions.

Chrono Shift done right - MM.mxd 1.99 kB · 10 downloads

It’s because you are the kind of MM who thinks keeping the henchmen alive is all there is to playing the AT.  I get it, that’s ONE way to play it.  The other way to play it is that henchmen are “expendable” and you don’t need to keep them alive.  Just resummon as needed.

There’s more than one way to ‘win’ at this game and there’s more than one ‘right’ way to slot accordingly.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, kelika2 said:

I just use two 50+5 rech in it because people dont really need heals that much these days

This. Also, if you hit Power Boost before Chrono Shift (because you have it for Farsight), you get a massive heal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, bellona100 said:

I suspect many of you will quietly respec your builds with my slotting in mind.

Not to come off as crass but, do you honestly believe you are the first to think of that precise power slotting in a game older than the vehicles most people drive? The game came out in 2005. It's 2023 now. The game is old enough to legally vote. I expect the originators who thought of such slotting (not that it isn't obvious to begin with) have likely left the game long ago.

Just a bit of food for thought.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1