Aim/BU slotting question

biostem

I don't typically play blasters.  I had a 50 ice/earth one that I recently respecced to bring her more up to date.  I didn't really doo all my homework, and accidentally put 4 slots in both Aim & Build Up.  I was planning on putting the Gaussian's in both, but failed to realize I can only have 1 per build.  I like the build otherwise, so am not going to spend an entire respec just to move 1 slot, so which of Aim/BU do you suggest I put the Gaussian's in, and what would you recommend for the 4th slot on the other, (I was just gonna do 3 recharge in each, then I'm open for the 4th slot)?  Thanks!

17 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Why 3 recharge each instead of 2 +5 recharge IOs? I would take 2 slots from one and add to the other, then 6 slot the one with gaussian, while maximizing recharge of the other with the boosted IOs.

That's defintiely something to consider, but I'm not going to use up a respec at this time.  Thanks!

On one of those I'll put the full 6 set of Gaussian and have that as the main one I know to click more often.  Usually the one from primary since it looks more aesthetic in the enhancement screen with the other powers being highly slotted.  

The other one gets 2 of the Adjusted targeting aiming for the most recharge and I'll +5 them.  

Edited by Mezmera
  • Thumbs Up 1

Build Up is +100% dmg and Aim is +62.5% dmg. If you use them both together, it doesn't matter which one gets the Gaussian's proc. If you alternate them, I would put the proc in Aim giving you +162.5%/+100%. Otherwise you're alternating between +200% and +62.5%. The 4-slot bonus for Adjusted Targeting is pretty good, so you could put that in whichever one doesn't get the proc. You could also slot the Rectified Reticle Increased Perception unique. It's a global bonus and doesn't require the power to be active.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

2 50+5 recharges if the build is tight

1 rech, 1 adjusted targeting rech, 1 adjust target rech/tohit if i have some room

most of my blasters are running around with +10-22% dmg.  think i even took assault on a few of them in the late 40s

meanwhile i think my rifle/def blaster is at a constant 40%~ dmg thanks to how drone works now + level10ish assault + randomass dmg set bonuses

I put the Gaussian's proc in aim.  This makes both of them do big +dam instead of just one of them.  Also, on a team it wouldn't be unusual for guassian's in build-up to be wasted because it puts you at the damage cap.

• Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

If I don't have slots to go for a full set of Gaussian in Aim, I like slotting it with Gauss ToHit/Rech, Gauss% and a 50 Recharge IO.

I forget the exact combo, but spreading 4 Enhancement Boosters between the ToHit/Rech and the Recharge IO, you can get slotted enhancement to 74% - just under the threshold where local recharge impacts the proc chances. 

It's not 100%, but configured that way you can usually rely on the proc to fire every time, allowing you to predict when your damage amp will be at its peak and max the damage output during the effect window.

• Thumbs Up 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

You have 4 slots in each power?

Were I you (and not wanting to respec) I'd probably throw 2 Rectified Reticles in both to get a rough 3.6 SL Def boost. Not the proc though, I find it useless. 

Gaussians Proc in Aim. Slot the rest with IOs to preference, but try to max recharge.

Edited by twozerofoxtrot
  • Thumbs Up 1

For my Blasters that have both a Build Up and an Aim, I typically delay the choice of Aim until close to level 50 (assuming I need no other powers and have no need for Enhancement mules earlier). I will have the Gaussian's in the Build Up, and I often try for 6-slotting the entire set. The Build Up powers, even without Hasten (or Incarnates) can achieve an almost 20-second recharge with a 90% chance of the Gaussian's proc going off (which lasts for 10 seconds).

Usually I don't have the slots to do justice to both powers, and as @kelika2 wrote above, a tight build could have as few slots as possible simply to fit the %Build Up proc plus recharge. It's a weird effect of my build approaches, but for my Blasters I almost always never have a better (late) choice of a power than just adding the long-skipped Aim to the build, partially due to lack of extra slots.

In a build that actually has the extra slots to do both... I would suggest looking at which enhancement set bonuses are being sacrificed from other powers, and consider moving slots to those powers to get 6th-piece bonuses. Often the 6th piece bonus is offering more survivability to the Blaster class, this is especially true of the damage sets.