Flypose emote macros in Afterburner tray

It's the pop-up tray and it populates based on the number of powers you currently have available with active pop ups. So you can see it start filling on things like the Terra Volta respec trials if you grab all the belts. The more pop-up powers you have access to at the time, the more full the tray becomes.

Edit: Because it is a pop-up power tray and not an active power tray, you can't add anything to it. It is reserved for special use.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Rudra said:

It's the pop-up tray and it populates based on the number of powers you currently have available with active pop ups. So you can see it start filling on things like the Terra Volta respec trials if you grab all the belts. The more pop-up powers you have access to at the time, the more full the tray becomes.

Edit: Because it is a pop-up power tray and not an active power tray, you can't add anything to it. It is reserved for special use.

I'm suggesting the Devs add the macros, not players. So you activate fly, the pop-up tray appears, it has Afterburner and a macro for each of the flypose emotes.

I don't recall a time I've ever had more than 3 or 4 items in the popup tray at the same time, usually during a Keyes iTrial.  Who takes ALL the belts in a Terra Volta trial?  Lol

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Emerald Fusion said:

I'm suggesting the Devs add the macros, not players. So you activate fly, the pop-up tray appears, it has Afterburner and a macro for each of the flypose emotes.

I don't recall a time I've ever had more than 3 or 4 items in the popup tray at the same time, usually during a Keyes iTrial.  Who takes ALL the belts in a Terra Volta trial?  Lol

It was given as an example, and they can carry over into other TV trials depending on when you do them. I've duo'ed TV trials with a friend and we had almost full pop-up trays of coolant belts with all the pop-up powers on separate timers. Point is, we can make our own macros and put them in our active power trays. So I sincerely doubt the devs are going to add emotes to the pop-up tray since then players will start asking to have more emotes added to the tray.

There are other uses to which the pop-up tray could be put if it were possible. For example, if you have Mystic Flight, create a macro "/macro Zoom powexec_location up:max Translocation". This sits in your power trays taking up space, but is only usable if you have Mystic Flight on. If you could drag the macro into the pop-up tray, you could have a set of predefined Translocation jumps that would only be visible if the pop-up tray was open, and not take up space at other times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

There are other uses to which the pop-up tray could be put if it were possible. For example, if you have Mystic Flight, create a macro "/macro Zoom powexec_location up:max Translocation". This sits in your power trays taking up space, but is only usable if you have Mystic Flight on. If you could drag the macro into the pop-up tray, you could have a set of predefined Translocation jumps that would only be visible if the pop-up tray was open, and not take up space at other times.

I've got a bind some where that in one press turns Mystic Flight on and in the next does the command you described above. Useful for PvP in my experience. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

57 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I've got a bind some where that in one press turns Mystic Flight on and in the next does the command you described above. Useful for PvP in my experience. 

I'm slowly building up a library of popmenus for various purposes -- for my characters that have foreign backgrounds, I've got popmenus for common statements in their native language (thanks, congratulations, yes, no, and a variety of insults and vulgarities to use in combat), and for location AoEs, I have popmenus with three options -- the normal targeting, at my target, and down:max (which toebombs the effect if the character is on the ground, or among the mobs they're hovering over if flying, as in the monster phase of a Hami raid). Wormhole has a special popmenu, because of all the fun things you can do to reposition mobs (and since it doesn't generate aggro, it's useful for clearing paths).

• Like 1

Sadly, the devs are very reluctant to make more extensive use of the popup server tray, for two reasons. One, a lot of players hate seeing the thing appear. Two, and more importantly, those 9 slots are it. There's currently no way to get more of them to show up, so if a player manages to fill up all nine slots at once, any additional powers that would get put there are simply inaccessible without /pow_exec. So, it's unfortunately very unlikely they'd be willing to have one power use up 5 of the slots at once (or even 2 slots, if the flyposes were put in a popmenu).

On 1/28/2023 at 6:33 AM, srmalloy said:

You mean people don't just bind ground-clicks like teleport to CTRL+LBUTTON so you can teleport, drop your blizzard, or whatever, right into the game world without pressing a hotbar button first? XD

1 hour ago, Aida LaCanthe said:

You mean people don't just bind ground-clicks like teleport to CTRL+LBUTTON so you can teleport, drop your blizzard, or whatever, right into the game world without pressing a hotbar button first? XD

So you bind your teleport/translocation to CTRL+LBUTTON, then bind your Rain of Fire to CTRL+LBUTTON, and then bind your [X] to CTRL+LBUTTON, then discover you can't teleport with a mouse click... I suppose if you had a space-cadet keyboard you could have control-LBUTTON, meta-LBUTTON, hyper-LBUTTON, and super-LBUTTON as different binds, but trying to remember all of the combinations would drive you up the wall with different characters having different binds tailored to their powersets. SInce the space-cadet keyboard also had Shift, Top, and Front as modifier keys, you could wind up with a lot of confusing keybinds.

ALT+LBUTTON, SHIFT+LBUTTON . . . If your build has more than three ground-clicks, I'd say that's a you problem. They're not a very common type of power targeting scheme.

No-one likes a contrarian without a valid point. Or a strawman for that matter.

Edited by Aida LaCanthe

On 1/28/2023 at 12:08 AM, Rudra said:

But the DEVs could add the flypose emotes to the tray popped up due to flight or mystic flight.

I'm not saying that they will, but they could.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 1/28/2023 at 12:51 PM, Vanden said:

One, a lot of players hate seeing the thing appear.

I don't know where you get "a lot of players" from. I believe that to be speculation.

I am definitely one that doesn't mind the popup tray.

The popup that I don't like is the one that shows up in the middle of the screen blocking my view of the game in the middle of the fight when I get my first piece of salvage, first merit, etc. I mean ... I'm in combat fighting. Why is a pop-up showing up in the middle of my screen blocking my view while in combat!?

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

31 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

But the DEVs could add the flypose emotes to the tray popped up due to flight or mystic flight.

I'm not saying that they will, but they could.

Sure. However, as has already been mentioned, the popup tray only has 9 slots, can't be expanded with the current game code, is populated already by multiple powers, and adding emotes to it will cause a drive for more emotes to be added to it. After all, why should flypose emotes be special? I guarantee that question will come up if flypose emotes are added to the popup tray. Especially since the player can make a macro with the flypose and the flight power in it so they immediately go into the desired flypose emote when they activate the power, and not have it take up any additional space on their power tray because they can slot that macro on the power tray in place of the default power icon.

19 hours ago, Rudra said:

After all, why should flypose emotes be special?

Honestly, I think you should be able to set your flypose at the tailor the same way you can set a running pose.

19 hours ago, Rudra said:

Sure. However, as has already been mentioned, the popup tray only has 9 slots, can't be expanded with the current game code, is populated already by multiple powers, and adding emotes to it will cause a drive for more emotes to be added to it.

From my own game experience, I have never had more than 1 power in the pop-up tray.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Vanden said:

From the mouths (typing hands) of the devs themselves, who have to hear all of our feedback.

quote it. I'm waiting.

What is "a lot"?

9 minutes ago, Vanden said:

From the public testing Discord:

image.png.4ab8710f8674bb7ee500c2c5d3921cec.png

(Captain Nobody is Captain Powerhouse, he likes to change his name on the server semi-frequently)

Thanks for the quote.

I still have to ask where this data is coming from.

I know that I wasn't polled about it.

It's a perception thing. Even from devs/GMs. You run around with X number of players or get in a chat with Y number of players and z% of said players when the topic comes up complains about it, it can be taken as "a lot". Also bear in mind, that some responders don't normally give any thought to the popup tray, but when the topic is broached, may then decide that yes, they don't like it either. Which broadens the perception.

However, the comments about the popup tray I've seen prior to this thread were requests for it to simply go away. Not find additional use.

Also, agreed, being able to set fly poses at the tailor would be of great benefit to players. (Not me as I rather like the plain fly pose we start with. Especially since I can use the Hover pose during the flying now that both powers can be used simultaneously.)

Back to the OP though? I'm still against it. Noone has given me a good reason to change my mind.