Plan for Heraclea v.2

Heraclea

The original Heraclea was Inv/SS; version 2 is Inv/Dark Melee. 

Dark Melee simply brings more to the table than Super Strength.  If you are building to tank, having -tohit debuffs stacking with your defense is a solid plus.  So is having an attack that's also a self heal. 

This build is also guided by memories of the inflationary economy of the official servers.  I've deliberately sought out sets that were in relatively low demand.  If, as seems likely, everything's going to need to be bought with TF merits and salvage with Architect tickets to fully trick out a character, there's probably no reason not to drop Kinetic Combat in all of your single target attacks. 

At any rate, here's the build:

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Primary Power Set: Invulnerability

Secondary Power Set: Dark Melee

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Medicine

Power Pool: Fighting

Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Temp Invulnerability -- RctArm-EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(3), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(7), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), RctArm-EndRdx/Rchg(46)

Level 1: Shadow Punch -- SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SphIns-ToHitDeb(3), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(15), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(34), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Dmg-I(45)

Level 2: Dull Pain -- HrmHln-Heal/EndRdx(A), HrmHln-EndRdx/Rchg(5), HrmHln-Heal/Rchg(7), HrmHln-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(33), HrmHln-Heal(34), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(43)

Level 4: Shadow Maul -- Mlt-Acc/Dmg(A), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Mlt-Dmg/Rchg(9), Mlt-Acc/EndRdx(11), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)

Level 6: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(46)

Level 8: Unyielding -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(9), RctArm-EndRdx/Rchg(13), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15), RctArm-ResDam(42)

Level 10: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)

Level 12: Combat Jumping -- GifoftheA-Run+(A)

Level 14: Injection -- PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(A), PcnoftheT--Rchg%(23)

Level 16: Siphon Life -- TchoftheN-Heal(A), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(17), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(17), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(27), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(33), TchoftheN-%Dam(33)

Level 18: Invincibility -- Srn-Def/EndRdx(A), Srn-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Srn-Def(19), Srn-EndRdx(25), GssSynFr--Build%(40)

Level 20: Touch of Fear -- SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(21), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SphIns-ToHitDeb(27), SphIns-%ToHit(37)

Level 22: Aid Self -- Trg-Heal/EndRdx(A), Trg-EndRdx/Rchg(23), Trg-Heal/Rchg(34), Trg-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(46)

Level 24: Resist Physical Damage -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)

Level 26: Tough Hide -- Krm-Def/EndRdx(A), Krm-Def/Rchg(45), Krm-ResKB(45)

Level 28: Soul Drain -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(29), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(29), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Obl-%Dam(31)

Level 30: Resist Energies -- ResDam-I(A)

Level 32: Resist Elements -- ResDam-I(A)

Level 35: Dark Consumption -- Mlt-Acc/Dmg(A), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Mlt-Dmg/Rchg(36), Mlt-Acc/EndRdx(36), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)

Level 38: Midnight Grasp -- EnfOpr-Acc/Rchg(A), EnfOpr-EndRdx/Immob(39), EnfOpr-Acc/EndRdx(39), EnfOpr-Immob/Rng(39), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob/Rchg(40), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob(40)

Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42), RechRdx-I(42)

Level 44: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)

Level 47: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-EndRdx(48), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), RctArm-EndRdx/Rchg(48)

Level 49: Weave -- Srn-Def/EndRdx(A), Srn-EndRdx(50), Srn-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Srn-EndRdx/Rchg(50)

Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)

Level 1: Gauntlet

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)

------------

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I think you're underestimating the mitigating power of Knockdown. Punch, Haymaker, and Knockout Blow can be cycled to keep a single target off its feet most of the time; if you supplement it with Air Superiority like I do on my Inv/SS, it's pretty much all the time. Put a Knockback-to-Knockdown IO in Hand Clap and pair it with Foot Stomp and you're also knocking down crowds of enemies at once. Plus, Dark Melee's doesn't have -ToHit on its AoEs, so by trading the knockdown for -ToHit you're losing your ability to mitigate damage from groups.

I may try and finagle a way to add AirSup into the build; miss it even if Leaping has more benefits for a tanker.  My understanding is that Shadow Maul also does -tohit.  Only Soul Drain (your buildup) and Dark Consumption don't.  With enough recharge in Dark Consumption I may not need Conserve Power, although on teams the character at 32 is rather endbound so far. 

I decided against SS for Heraclea 2.0 because I disliked being dependent on Rage, which does not work for the concept. 

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Put a Knockback-to-Knockdown IO in Hand Clap and pair it with Foot Stomp and you're also knocking down crowds of enemies at once...

I remember those being part of the "Summer Blockbuster" event, from the summer right before the hammer dropped on us.  What's the availability of those here in "Homecoming"?  You just intrigued the hell out of me with the idea of putting that into Hand Clap, but I don't know if I can fit another power into my build.

Never took Hand Clap on SS.  Never heard of that particular enhancement, had I known I might have.

Yep, that particular IO can be found here.

As I said earlier, it came out the summer right before the shutdown, part of that "Movie Blockbuster" event.  I won a full set of them by dumb luck*, but never figured out what I wanted to do with them before The End Times.

*A Hamidon raid on Pinnacle was being hosted/sponsored/whatever you want to call it by some SG (I forget who exactly).  It just so happened that day that the combat log said that Generator was the one who defeated Hamidon, so as a surprise prize, I was gifted that full set.  Sometimes, people are all right.  :)

Looks like I owe some people an apology; that Knockback-to-Knockdown IO is part of the Universal Damage category. Since Hand Clap doesn't do damage, you can't put it in Hand Clap. That's my bad.

There's a new "i25" Knockback set that has a Knockback-to-Knockdown enhancement in it, though!  I saw it at the Merit Vendor.

Looks like I owe some people an apology; that Knockback-to-Knockdown IO is part of the Universal Damage category. Since Hand Clap doesn't do damage, you can't put it in Hand Clap. That's my bad.

There's a new "i25" Knockback set that has a Knockback-to-Knockdown enhancement in it, though!  I saw it at the Merit Vendor.

I wonder if it doesn't have the Bonfire fix...

Guys, I'm in a fragile place right now. This rollercoaster has put me through the loops. Is there truly a KB2KD enhancement out there? I don't think I can have my feelings played with again.

• Haha 1

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Guys, I'm in a fragile place right now. This rollercoaster has put me through the loops. Is there truly a KB2KD enhancement out there? I don't think I can have my feelings played with again.

Fear not, I ain't playing.  Well, I mean, I'm playing City of Heroes (man, still feels good to say that), but not with your feelings.

4uCMrZA.png

It's in the patch notes, too, mentioned as a Schedule C.  It's also worth noting in the image above that it's not tagged as unique like the event enhancement.  I haven't actually tried to check on that, but I'd assume you can have many.

• Thanks 1

Hmm, the only downside to that news is that enhancements that cost under 100 Reward Merits can't be picked up with Hero Merits.  Historically, I've had my Rogues pick those pieces up and ship them off to my Heroes and Villains.

Thanks for the info!

I want to rebuild Oosik, my Ice/Dark tank. After I had spent considerable time figuring out how to build various tanks, this is the one I should have put the most effort into. He was never given the chance to become the tank he could have been, but even at his rotten worst, I did manage to cap him. I spent most of my time on the Victory server back in the day, and loved to play tanks. Best part about this game was building tanks, by not spending billions on them for enhancements, but trying to do it on the cheap....

When I do my first respec I will probably drop Medicine; not getting much mileage out of it.  Is the fifth attack in Leaping - Spring Attack - any good or not?  Says it's a teleport that does superior PBAoE damage, so it might be like the charge in Shields.  It is supposed to also do knockdown.  There is of course the possibility of doing Jump kick rather than Air Superiority; it too does knockdown.

Air Sup is definitely the way to go, then.  When I hit 50 I will spec out of Medicine and do Flight.  Will probably grab Tough and Weave earlier as well. 

Just bought my first recipe with merits, the Steadfast Protection Res/Def button.  It only cost 20.  I seem to remember these things costing a lot more.  Can at least pick up all my once and dones, the Performance Shifter, the Numinas, already at these prices.  If the merit prices have been lowered I can probably easily do Kinetic Combats much more easily, and AirSup is a good place for them.  I can also get knockdown procs in all my single targets.

Air Superiority?  Ive not found myself lacking for attacks out of Dark Melee.  That said, Im still using Shadow Maul to fill in rotation time.

I was planning on using Hover as my second flight pool (for +DEF, yes, I fly into melee, I'm weird), Afterburner w/flight (every build should have at least one 'Not because its good, but because its fun! power).

Then Tough/Weave.  So Flight, Speed, Fighting... not sure for 4th pool, if fourth pool.

Of course, Incarnate powers will probably throw this all in the air again...

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Revised plan for Heraclea's aspirational.  Kinetic Combats are 60 merits each now, which makes it a lot more practical to use several of them than it was on live.  This build drops the Medicine pool, which seems to be useless at level 60 but surprisingly helpful when exemped down, and picks up AirSup and Physical Perfection in its place.  Tough and Weave get much earlier buy ins.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Primary Power Set: Invulnerability

Secondary Power Set: Dark Melee

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Fighting

Power Pool: Flight

Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Temp Invulnerability -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-EndRdx/Rchg(5), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), RctArm-EndRdx(25), RctArm-ResDam(37)

Level 1: Shadow Punch -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(3), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(13), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), KntCmb-Knock%(45)

Level 2: Dull Pain -- RgnTss-Heal/Rchg(A), RgnTss-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Mrc-Heal/Rchg(7), Mrc-Heal(15), Mrc-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Mrc-EndRdx/Rchg(34)

Level 4: Shadow Maul -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(5), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(7), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Obl-%Dam(50)

Level 6: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)

Level 8: Unyielding -- RctArm-EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(9), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), RctArm-ResDam(13), RctArm-EndRdx/Rchg(37)

Level 10: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)

Level 12: Combat Jumping -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 14: Resist Energies -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)

Level 16: Siphon Life -- TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(17), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(17), TchoftheN-Heal(23), ThfofEss-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(25), ThfofEss-+End%(34)

Level 18: Invincibility -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(19), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(19), LucoftheG-Def(23)

Level 20: Touch of Fear -- SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(21), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(21), SphIns-ToHitDeb(31), SphIns-%ToHit(46)

Level 22: Resist Elements -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A)

Level 24: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)

Level 26: Tough Hide -- GifoftheA-Def(A), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(27), DefBuff-I(27)

Level 28: Soul Drain -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(29), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(29), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Obl-%Dam(46)

Level 30: Resist Physical Damage -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)

Level 32: Tough -- TtnCtn-EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(33), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33)

Level 35: Dark Consumption -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Obl-%Dam(50)

Level 38: Midnight Grasp -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(39), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(39), KntCmb-Knock%(39), Acc-I(43), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43)

Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42), RechRdx-I(42)

Level 44: Weave -- Srn-EndRdx(A), Srn-Def/EndRdx(45), Srn-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Srn-EndRdx/Rchg(50)

Level 47: Air Superiority -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(48), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(48)

Level 49: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Gauntlet

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(40), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(40), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(42)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(31), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(37), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(40)

------------

Very curious to hear your results with Physical Perfection when you get there - it looks like about half of Stamina and half of Health all in one power - just wondering if its enough difference in heal and end per second to feel an impact at that level.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute