Villian questions from a homecomming newbie

Repodude

Hey new to homecomming and COH in general. I wanted wanted to make a villian, when I spawned into mercy island it seemed barren. Gave me pause because Atlas park always has players. Made me wonder if villians have any decent population, and if villian is worth playing.

Any idea on the health of the villian population in Excelsior or any other server?

Can grouping be done between heroes and villians?

Is sidekicking in the game?

(I seem to vaugely remember sidekicking from way back as a sort of co-op leveling system between a highlvl and low level players)

If there are villians where would I find most players hanging around? 

Anyway thanks. I just started homecomming looking forward to getting into either blue or red side.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• City Council

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/status/ Will show you the current population including side for every server.  As of this post, Excel has more villains than any other server, but red side is always lower population than blue.

Yes, Heroes and Villains can team in co-op areas

Yes, side kicking is in the game, as is exemplaring https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Sidekick

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Welcome @Repodude. The population on red really isn't as high as blue - by any stretch. But you know what? If you build it, they will come. 90% of the time if I run a redside mission team/SF it'll fill up. Maybe a little slower than blue, yes, but people will come.  Whenever I run one I say "Thanks for coming to redside everyone! I know its a pain." and maybe 1/3 of the team will say "I prefer it here!". Don't be disheartened. If I see you doing redside stuff this weekend I'll pop over, Arachnos needs a hand 🙂 

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

I love red/gold content but generally find the split 80% hero, 15% red and 5% gold with life revolving around Atlas.    Good news is there is always another alt you can roll… or Null the Gull in Pocket D for a quick alignment change if you want to stick with what you have.

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

redsiders are more a solitary lot.  there are some teams running on excelsior nearly every night right now.  

If you go through the tutorial (there a badge in a cell...) you break out of prison and are transported to Mercy.  Where you learn the beginning lore from Kalinda and Burke.  The two most honest NPCs you will see for a while.  

Redside has traditionally been lower pop.  I tend to hop over to pocket D, visit Null the Gull, and Go Rogue.  Then I can pop to Atlas Park for 4 DFBs (the buffs last until level 22) and later DiB (same buffs until 30) I also keep an eye on LFG for Posi. Synapse, the Redside Virgil Tarikoss etc.  

I just ran every below 50 Redside contact on my 2023 project.  There were a few souls teamming Red but nothing compared to Blue.  That is always been the way in CoH/CoV.  Goldside is only solo unless you custom form a group in Discord with friends or search for a gold teens toon desperate to hit 20 and get out of that shithole.

• Thumbs Up 1

hi @Repodude

If it helps you any, there's a small band of us running red content on Reunion a couple of times a week. Very casual and we're only lowbies still so if that's of interest you'd be welcome to join us whenever we run

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Ohai new friend you bring teh donuts?

• Like 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Welcome aboard fellow CoH'er.

If you haven't already done so, hop down to the Excelsior server section and introduce yourself. You may like-minded players. There is plenty of room for characters so you don't even need to transfer, just start a new one. :)  You can easily recreate your favourite and save time by saving your costume and powers in the costume creator/editor.

Also hit up this guide for some handy info:

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.