Contribitors:

@Psyonico @Hjarki @Uun

Index

Introduction

Powers

Playstyle

Example builds

Introduction

Trick arrow is one of the premier debuffing sets. And it is my favorite power set in the game, every power can be useful, every power has multiple debuff effects, and it is fast paced. Being completely mob oriented it works well on a support or solo build. It even has some powerful player protections built into EMP arrows that I do not think are well known. The downside is that it is a busy set, but benefits greatly from binds and macros. The next  section describes each power, suggested slotting, an example bind or macro, then my opinion. The last two sections are incarnate suggestions and sample builds.

Powers

City of Data - Defender Trick Arrow

Entangling Arrow

Effects

Resistance debuff

Mag 3 Immobilize

Speed debuff

Jump debuff

Fly debuff

Slotting

1 Accuracy SO

1 Accuracy/Recharge IO

Binds

/bind <key> powexec_tray <power #> <tray #>

Opinion

Mandatory power due to -resist. The power recharges quickly, so you can stack to immobilize most mobs and ground fliers.

Flash Arrow

Effects

AOE, auto hit in PvE

Perception debuff

1st, toHit debuff

2nd, toHit debuff which is not resistable

Slotting

Since, you want this up as often as possible a full set of To-Hit Debuff or Accurate To-Hit Debuff would be advised. Important note, proc that damage mobs will notify the mobs.

Binds

Opinion

If you don’t take this power, why are you playing trick arrow. This power should be fired every fight. Both parts of the toHit debuff are enhanceable. All AT can get a power boost to increase the effect. In particular, Masterminds can get Mace:Power Boost easist to help get toHit to effective levels if needed.

Glue Arrow

Effects

Targeted AOE

Speed debuff

Recharge debuff

Jump debuff

Fly debuff

Slotting

1 Recharge SO

1-6 Slow IOs. I put a 6 Pacing of the Turtle IOs for max debuff and set bonuses.

Binds

/bind <key> powexec_location target “Glue Arrow”

Opinion

If you have another strong AOE slow power, then this can be skipped. Or one slotted. The fly debuff is underrated, pretty much any mob flying above the patch will be grounded.

Ice Arrow

Effects

Mag 3 hold

Recharge debuff

Speed debuff

Jump debuff

Does not debuff fly

Damage debuff, which is not resistable

Power debuff, shortens the strenght of any power that mob uses to control, heal, or debuff

Slotting

All or nothing.

6 procs

Lockdown IO set.

Binds

Opinion

If you need more single target damage through procs or you have another hold to stack, then take it. Otherwise, very optional.

Poison Gas Arrow

Effects

AOE, auto hit in PvE

Pulsing weak sleep patch

1st debuff, damage

2nd debuff, also damage, but cannot be resisted

Slotting

1 Recharge IO

Sleep IOs set for bonuses

Call of the Sandman: Chance to Heal Self

Binds

Opinion

Underrated power. Mandatory for very hard content due the un-resistable nature of damage debuff. Masterminds can get a lot of value out of the protection it provides pets.

Acid Arrow

Effects

AOE, is not auto hit in PvE

Defense debuff

Debuff debuff resistance to debuff like toHit resistance

Healing debuff

Binds

Slotting

1 Accuracy IO. You have other sources of -defense in the set. You’ll want to take this power if you are proc’ing powers heavily. Also, it can be proc’ed heavily if you need more damage.

Opinion

This power is mandatory. If you need accuracy for your pets or if you proc heavily. The healing debuff is noticeable and useful against self healing mobs.

Disruption Arrow

Effects

AOE, auto hit in PvE

Resistance debuff

Max endurance debuff, weird and not useful

Slotting

1 Recharge  IO. Can take endurance IOs sets if you are chasing set bonuses.

Binds

/bind <key> powexec_location target “Disruption Arrow”

Opinion

Mandatory. One slot wonder.

Oil Slick Arrow

Effects

AOE, auto hit in PvE

Defense debuff

Knockdown patch

Speed debuff

Jump debuff

Does not debuff flight

Damage patch once ignited - see below

Slotting

6 pieces of whatever ranged AOE damage set you want

A mix of IOs for recharge and damage

Special note

Once you lay down the oil slick, it must be ignited by either fire or energy damage. Procs, prestige powers like  Apprentice Charm, Interface procs that do energy or fire damage, and temp powers can all ignite the oil slick. See below for binds to target the oil slick.

Binds

/bind <key> powexec_location target “Oil Slick Arrow”

/macro oilslick “target_custom_next “Oil Slick””

/bind <key> target_custom_next “Oil Slick”

Opinion

Mandatory, major source of damage and extra defense debuff. Stack with glue arrow and nothing escapes.

EMP Arrow

Effects

Mag 3 hold

Weakens mobs control power and healing strength and duration

Debuff resistance to debuffs like toHit debuff

Regeneration debuff, two stacks

Reduces endurance

Provides players inside the bubble with protection to hold, sleep, stun, immobilize, knockback, and teleport. Also, resistance to damage, endurance and recovery debuffs.

Slotting

I would 6 slot with Lockdown for an alpha strike that often will hold all mobs. At least slot for recharge.

Binds

/bind <key> powexec_location target “EMP Arrow”

Opinion

Mandatory. The power has an amazing amount of debuffs and protections.

Incarnates

Alphas for maximizing debuffs

Musculcular increases to toHit and defense debuffs

Intuition increases toHit, defense, and speed debuffs

Spiritual increases toHit and speed debuffs

Destiny

Defender, Corruptors, and Controllers will often need Ageless even if they do not proc heavily due to not slotting endurance reducers in many attacks

Masterminds can live without Ageless and take Barrier to help pets survive

Interfaces for Igniting oil slick

Reactive has an fire proc and resistance debuff

Preemptive has an energy proc and an endurance drain

Playstyle

You can be very aggresive all most all the time. Always lead with Flash Arrow, then debuff in the order that makes sense to you.

Depending on which powers are recharging this is my usual attack chain on my defenders:

Flash Arrow

EMP Arrow or Oil Slick

Glue Arrow

Disruptor Arrow

Attack that will ignite the oil slick

Once, you get the reflex down, this can done quickly, especially with binds/macros

Now, the mobs cannot hit, resistance debuffed, slowed, held and/or falling down, and mostly on fire.

Example Builds - All live builds, but some have not been updated for page  5

Trick Arrow/Beam Rifle - Complete ranged build

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Defender
Primary Power Set: Trick Arrow
Secondary Power Set: Beam Rifle
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flash Arrow -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(3), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(3), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SphIns-%ToHit(5)
Level 1: Charged Shot -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(7), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(7)
Level 2: Entangling Arrow -- TraoftheH-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 4: Cutting Beam -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(17)
Level 6: Glue Arrow -- PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(A), PcnoftheT-Dmg/Slow(46), PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(46), PcnoftheT-Rng/Slow(46), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(48), PcnoftheT--Rchg%(50)
Level 8: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(19)
Level 10: Disintegrate -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(23), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(23)
Level 12: Acid Arrow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 14: Hover -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(25)
Level 16: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 18: Disruption Arrow -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 20: Lancer Shot -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(25), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Apc-Acc/Rchg(27), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Apc-Dam%(29)
Level 22: Oil Slick Arrow -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(31), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(31), Artl-Dam/Rech(31), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(33), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(33)
Level 24: Penetrating Ray -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(33), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(34), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(34), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36)
Level 26: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 28: Piercing Beam -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(36), Artl-Dam/Rech(37), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(37), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(37), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(39)
Level 30: Overcharge -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(40)
Level 32: EMP Arrow -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(42), Lck-Rchg/Hold(42), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(42), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(43), Lck-%Hold(43)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(43), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(45)
Level 38: Poison Gas Arrow -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 44: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(45), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Evasive Maneuvers -- WntGif-ResSlow(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50), HypSnc-+Special(50)
Level 1: Vigilance
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(9), Prv-Absorb%(9), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11), EndMod-I(13)
Level 49: Quick Form
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany
Level 8: Afterburner
------------

Trick Arrow/Dual Pistol - Lives in melee proc monster

Spoiler

SpecOps Pixie: Level 50 Natural Defender
Secondary Power Set: Dual Pistols
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flash Arrow -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(3), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(3), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SphIns-%ToHit(7)
Level 1: Pistols -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg(9), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(11)
Level 2: Entangling Arrow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 4: Glue Arrow -- PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(A)
Level 6: Ice Arrow -- GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Dam%(17), GldNet-Dam%(19), NrnSht-Dam%(19), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(21), ImpSwf-Dam%(21)
Level 8: Poison Gas Arrow -- IndCom-Acc/EndRdx(A)
Level 10: Swap Ammo
Level 12: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(23)
Level 14: Acid Arrow -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25)
Level 16: Bullet Rain -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Bmbdmt-Dam(25), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(27), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(27), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(29), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(29)
Level 18: Disruption Arrow -- SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(A), PrfShf-End%(31)
Level 20: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 26: Oil Slick Arrow -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(36)
Level 28: Executioner's Shot -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(36), TchofLadG-%Dam(36), ShlBrk-%Dam(37), ExpStr-Dam%(37), Thn-Acc/Dmg(37)
Level 30: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(39)
Level 32: EMP Arrow -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(39), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(39), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(40), PrfShf-End%(40)
Level 35: Piercing Rounds -- PstBls-Dam%(A), JvlVll-Dam%(40), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(42), ImpSwf-Dam%(42), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Rgn-Dmg(43)
Level 38: Hail of Bullets -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Arm-Dam%(43), Erd-%Dam(43), ScrDrv-Dam%(45), ExpStr-Dam%(45), ImpSwf-Dam%(45)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(46), LucoftheG-Def(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 44: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 47: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48), StdPrt-ResKB(48), GldArm-End/Res(48), Ags-Psi/Status(50)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Prv-Absorb%(13), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), PrfShf-End%(15), PrfShf-EndMod(17)
Level 12: Speed Phase
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
Level 10: Chemical Ammunition
Level 10: Cryo Ammunition
Level 10: Incendiary Ammunition
------------

Ninja/Trick Arrow Mastermind - Keeps pets alive in almost any content

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17

Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Ninjas
Secondary Power Set: Trick Arrow

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Call Genin -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(3), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(3), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(5), SlbAll-Build%(7)
Level 1: Entangling Arrow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Flash Arrow -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(7), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(9), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SphIns-%ToHit(11)
Level 4: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17)
Level 6: Train Ninjas -- Empty(A), Empty(33), Empty(46), Empty(50)
Level 8: Fistful of Arrows -- PstBls-Dam%(A), JvlVll-Dam%(19), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(19), Bmbdmt-Dam(21), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(21), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(23)
Level 10: Aimed Shot -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(27), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(27)
Level 12: Call Jounin -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(31), EdcoftheM-Dmg(31), EdcoftheM-PetDef(31)
Level 14: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 16: Poison Gas Arrow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 18: Smoke Flash -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 20: Acid Arrow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33), Ags-ResDam(34), Ags-Psi/Status(34), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(34), StdPrt-ResKB(36)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(37), Ksm-ToHit+(37)
Level 26: Oni -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(39), SprMarofS-Dmg(39), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(40)
Level 28: Disruption Arrow -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 32: Kuji In Zen -- Empty(A), Empty(48), Empty(50), Empty(50)
Level 35: Oil Slick Arrow -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(40), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(42), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Rgn-Knock%(43)
Level 38: EMP Arrow -- Lck-%Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(43), Lck-Rchg/Hold(43), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(45), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(45), Lck-Acc/Hold(45)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46), LucoftheG-Def(46)
Level 44: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 1: Supremacy
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13), Mrc-Rcvry+(13), Prv-Absorb%(15)
Level 2: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), PrfShf-End%(15), PrfShf-EndMod(17)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 1: Genin
Level 12: Jounin
Level 26: Oni
------------

Earth Control/Trick Arrow Controller - Monster AOE controls

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Earth Control
Secondary Power Set: Trick Arrow

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fossilize -- NrnSht-Dam%(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(3), UnbCns-Dam%(3), GldNet-Dam%(5), Apc-Dam%(5), GldJvl-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Entangling Arrow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Stone Cages -- SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprOvrPrs-EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(15)
Level 4: Flash Arrow -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(15), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(17), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SphIns-%ToHit(19)
Level 6: Glue Arrow -- IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(A), IceMisTrmt-Dam/Slow(21), IceMisTrmt-Acc/Dam/End/Rech(21), IceMisTrmt-End/Slow(23), IceMisTrmt-Acc/Dam/End(23)
Level 8: Quicksand -- IceMisTrmt-End/Slow(A), IceMisTrmt-Dam/Rech(25), IceMisTrmt-Dam/Slow(25), IceMisTrmt-Acc/Dam/End(27), IceMisTrmt-Acc/Dam/End/Rech(27)
Level 10: Ice Arrow -- NrnSht-Dam%(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(29), GldNet-Dam%(29), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(31), ImpSwf-Dam%(31), Lck-%Hold(31)
Level 12: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 14: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 16: Poison Gas Arrow -- FrtHyp-Sleep(A), FrtHyp-Sleep/Rchg(33), FrtHyp-Acc/Sleep/Rchg(33), FrtHyp-Acc/Rchg(34), FrtHyp-Sleep/EndRdx(34)
Level 18: Earthquake -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(34), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(36), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(36)
Level 20: Acid Arrow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(37), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(37)
Level 24: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(37)
Level 26: Volcanic Gasses -- GldNet-Acc/Hold(A), GldNet-Acc/Rchg(36), GldNet-Rchg/Hold(39), GldNet-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(39), GldNet-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(39)
Level 28: Disruption Arrow -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 32: Animate Stone -- CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(A), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(40), CaltoArm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(42)
Level 35: Oil Slick Arrow -- Rgn-Dmg(A), ImpSwf-Dam%(42), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(43), TchofLadG-%Dam(43), PstBls-Dam%(43), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(45)
Level 38: EMP Arrow -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(45), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(46), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(46)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 44: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48), StdPrt-ResKB(50)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Containment
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(7), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11), EndMod-I(11)
Level 14: Speed Phase
------------

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later
Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.4.6

Level 50 Magic Defender
Secondary Power Set: Archery
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Power Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flash Arrow

• (A) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff
  • (3) Cloud Senses - ToHit Debuff
  • (3) Cloud Senses - ToHit Debuff/Endurance/Recharge
  • (5) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/ToHitDebuff
  • (5) Dark Watcher's Despair - Chance for Recharge Slow
  • (7) Cloud Senses - Chance for Negative Energy Damage

Level 1: Snap Shot

• (A) Entropic Chaos - Chance of Heal Self

Level 2: Glue Arrow

• (A) Pacing of the Turtle - Accuracy/Slow
  • (7) Pacing of the Turtle - Range/Slow
  • (9) Pacing of the Turtle - Chance of -Recharge
  • (11) Impeded Swiftness - Chance of Damage(Smashing)
  • (11) Ice Mistral's Torment - Chance for Cold Damage

Level 4: Fistful of Arrows

• (A) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 6: Stealth

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 8: Poison Gas Arrow

• (A) Fortunata Hypnosis - Sleep/Recharge/Accuracy
  • (17) Fortunata Hypnosis - Sleep/Endurance
  • (19) Fortunata Hypnosis - Recharge/Accuracy
  • (19) Fortunata Hypnosis - Sleep
  • (21) Fortunata Hypnosis - Chance for Placate

Level 10: Infiltration

Level 12: Acid Arrow

• (A) Shield Breaker - Accuracy/Defense Debuff
  • (13) Shield Breaker - Defense Debuff
  • (13) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage
  • (15) Shield Breaker - Chance for Lethal Damage
  • (15) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (17) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 14: Combat Jumping

• (21) Kismet - Accuracy +6%
  • (23) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage

Level 16: Aim

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
  • (23) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge
  • (25) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
  • (25) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance
  • (27) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance
  • (27) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 18: Disruption Arrow

• (A) Preemptive Optimization - EndMod/Endurance/Recharge

Level 20: Explosive Arrow

• (A) Bombardment - Accuracy/Recharge/Endurance
  • (40) Superior Defender's Bastion - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (42) Superior Defender's Bastion - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Superior Defender's Bastion - Recharge/Chance for Minor PBAoE Heal
  • (42) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
  • (43) Bombardment - Chance for Fire Damage

Level 22: Kick

• (A) Empty

Level 24: Tough

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (36) Steadfast Protection - Knockback Protection
  • (36) Impervious Skin - Status Resistance/Regeneration
  • (37) Impervium Armor - Psionic Resistance
  • (37) Aegis - Psionic/Status Resistance
  • (37) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 26: Oil Slick Arrow

• (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize
  • (43) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage
  • (43) Ice Mistral's Torment - Chance for Cold Damage
  • (45) Impeded Swiftness - Chance of Damage(Smashing)
  • (45) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (45) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 28: Ranged Shot

• (A) Experienced Marksman - Damage/Endurance/Interrupt
  • (36) Experienced Marksman - Damage/Interrupt/Range/Recharge
  • (46) Decimation - Chance of Build Up

Level 30: Weave

Level 32: EMP Arrow

• (A) Gladiator's Net - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (33) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (33) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (33) Neuronic Shutdown - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (34) Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold
  • (34) Energy Manipulator - Chance to Stun

Level 35: Power Build Up

• (A) Rectified Reticle - Increased Perception

Level 38: Rain of Arrows

• (A) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • (39) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Ragnarok - Damage
  • (39) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance
  • (40) Ragnarok - Chance for Knockdown
  • (40) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 41: Maneuvers

Level 44: Assault

• None:D-Sync Deceleration

Level 47: Temp Invulnerability

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (47) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
  • (47) Unbreakable Guard - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (48) Unbreakable Guard - RechargeTime/Resistance
  • (48) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (48) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

Level 49: Vengeance

• (A) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • (49) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance
  • (49) Shield Wall - Defense/Recharge
  • (50) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (50) Shield Wall - Endurance/Recharge

Level 1: Brawl

I made a thing (it's bad but fun and by bad I mean it's weird but i like it)

Some notes:

I chose Intuition Radial, Support Radial, Clarion Radial, and Gravitic Core Flawless on this for incarnates, and tried to slot it out so that way you're doubling down on controls and debuffs, while also like, having the ability to nuke mob packs.

In fairness, this isn't like... it is more a celebration of TA than of Archery. The only really impressive thing here in the part of Archery is the thematics (which are cool i promise), and how Explosive Arrow naturally ignites your oil slick arrows while ALSO being a solid AoE attack in it's own right, and while Rain of Arrows is currently broken it's in there as yet another location targeted AoE that you can stack on top of all the ones TA gives you... AND ALSO RANGED SHOT HAS NEARLY AN EFFECTIVE RANGE OF 350~

Honestly, it's a better build on a corruptor, but im lazy.

Edited by Redletter
Spoilered just in case people r scared

Resident certified baby

• 6 months later
40 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

Is Acid Arrow worth taking nowadays?  All it does that seems noteworthy is -def?

It depends.

• Proc heavily builds need -defense for better accuracy
  • Mastermind pets are helped if you are soloing high level mobs
  • Teams with lots of lowbies are also aided

It also takes a -Res Proc.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

Acid is an odd, somewhat subtle power.    Look at the CoD link above (for Defenders) in addition to -def you'll see it does 

-40% Resistance (Endurance, ToHit, Regeneration, Recovery, RechargeTime, EnduranceDiscount) (all affected targets) for 45s

+40% Resistance (Heal Dmg) (all affected targets) for 45s

Lowering an enemy's resistance to these effects ends up boosting other TA powers.  

I do have screenshots I could post but that would require multi steps of copying from Discord to here and I'm not going to do that at this moment but I will copy the text summarizing my findings using the power analyzer on some even con 50s with a /TA MM.  I hit mobs with Flash and Glue then noted their -tohit and -rch, then hit them with Acid to see the new numbers.

With an application of Acid, -tohit went from 16.73 to 19.24.  -Recharge went from 32 to 41.6.

So, for me, Acid is mandatory in any TA I make.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

Acid is an odd, somewhat subtle power.    Look at the CoD link above (for Defenders) in addition to -def you'll see it does 

-40% Resistance (Endurance, ToHit, Regeneration, Recovery, RechargeTime, EnduranceDiscount) (all affected targets) for 45s

+40% Resistance (Heal Dmg) (all affected targets) for 45s

Lowering an enemy's resistance to these effects ends up boosting other TA powers.  

I do have screenshots I could post but that would require multi steps of copying from Discord to here and I'm not going to do that at this moment but I will copy the text summarizing my findings using the power analyzer on some even con 50s with a /TA MM.  I hit mobs with Flash and Glue then noted their -tohit and -rch, then hit them with Acid to see the new numbers.

With an application of Acid, -tohit went from 16.73 to 19.24.  -Recharge went from 32 to 41.6.

So, for me, Acid is mandatory in any TA I make.

Wouldn't that make it ideal for some of the odder Hami-O Enhancers?

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

6 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Wouldn't that make it ideal for some of the odder Hami-O Enhancers?

My gut reaction was "no" since Acid debuffs resistance to -tohit, but doesn't debuff to-hit itself.  Still, I prefer empirical data to gut reactions so I dusted off the mothballs of that /TA MM.  She happened to have a lvl 53 Lysosome slotted in Acid (Acc/-ToHit/-Def), aka no doubt the odd HO you're referring to.  

I unslotted the HO, started a lvl 51 mission then checked the numbers mentioned above for to-hit and recharge after using a chain of flash, glue then acid.  Then I reslotted the Lysosome, let the debuffs wear off then repeated that chain.  The numbers were identical.

So, in summary, I am slotting that oddball HO, simply because a lvl 53 version gives the best acc/defdebuff numbers for one slot, it did not provide Acid a bonus -tohit though.

Edited by Hedgefund

1 hour ago, Hedgefund said:

My gut reaction was "no" since Acid debuffs resistance to -tohit, but doesn't debuff to-hit itself.  Still, I prefer empirical data to gut reactions so I dusted off the mothballs of that /TA MM.  She happened to have a lvl 53 Lysosome slotted in Acid (Acc/-ToHit/-Def), aka no doubt the odd HO you're referring to.  

I unslotted the HO, started a lvl 51 mission then checked the numbers mentioned above for to-hit and recharge after using a chain of flash, glue then acid.  Then I reslotted the Lysosome, let the debuffs wear off then repeated that chain.  The numbers were identical.

So, in summary, I am slotting that oddball HO, simply because a lvl 53 version gives the best acc/defdebuff numbers for one slot, it did not provide Acid a bonus -tohit though.

Useful info! Thanks. So -res procs it is! 😄

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

This is very eye opening! I have a trick/beam defender I like very much.  I never considered a stone trick arrow, THAT SOUNDS SUPER FUN!  I love it when knowledge like this is shared with other players its surprising to me how much I miss when it's staring me in the face. I got the same AH HA moment when reading Goddess Laucianna's guide to peace bringers. 9180-279440527.jpg.ddd21ce8628ee2b06c277e90cebf7b73.jpg

2 hours ago, Enchantica said:

This is very eye opening! I have a trick/beam defender I like very much.  I never considered a stone trick arrow, THAT SOUNDS SUPER FUN!  I love it when knowledge like this is shared with other players its surprising to me how much I miss when it's staring me in the face. I got the same AH HA moment when reading Goddess Laucianna's guide to peace bringers. 9180-279440527.jpg.ddd21ce8628ee2b06c277e90cebf7b73.jpg

That could potentially be lethal, and work well solo.

I'm a big fan of earth - it's a very solid set (pun intended) and I've had a lot of fun with both a Fire/TA and even more so a Plant/TA which rawks!

The main criticism you can level at Earth as a set is it's slow to kill but I would expect the number of debuffs from TA to speed that process right along.