'Bring Your Own AM Task Force Session' ***Thur 4th May 6pm EST***

Bumguffy

Fed up with endurance issues in the early game? Can't be arsed to slot every power 'to the max' pre-IOs? Want to feel like ‘old skool’ teaming tactics? Really don't want to beg for 'AE farmz plox' straight out of outbreak?

Well if you answered yes/maybe to these questions (even one would be a start) then maybe the following super-team is for you!

Maybe you hear super-team and think of glorified farming or running at ridiculous difficulty far too soon?

Maybe you hate forum posts that start with too many questions before getting to the damn point?

If you have the patience for pretty poor team leadership and multitasking skills? Then maybe, just maybe, reading this very pointless preamble could be worth your while.

Indeed the fact that you have read this far without throwing your mouse/phone at the wall means you might just be the hero this world needs but doesn't deserve!

Since reconnecting with this game just over a month ago (after many many years away) I've wanted to enjoy once more the barmy lunacy of 8 characters with 8 (almost) identical builds.

Having done it with Fire/Rad Controllers 'back in the day' I thought it might be nice to have a go with Rad/Fire Defenders?

For me the selling points are; 8 lots of Accelerate Metabolism, 8 lots of Maneuvers and 8 Fire Balls - all by level 6! 

When we hit perma-8xAM which will likely only require dumping recharge DO/SOs we find along the way, our stats will be pretty nice with very little else that will 'need' slotting. Out of the box, 8 lots of AM+Man+Ass+Tact, on a defender, will give us:

400% Damage (iirc: the cap is 400% despite us being at 450%)

+240% Recovery

+240% Recharge

+240% Run/fly Speed

28% Defense to all (slotted with 3 even level SOs in Maneuvers that should be 43.68%)

98% +ToHit buff

more than I can be bothered to count resistance to most status effects

Here's the build (deliberately not done in Mids to emphasize the general lack of slotting required and 'choices') [Included is a 'brief' reasoning for the power]:

Level 1 - Radiant Aura and your choice of Flares or Fire Blast [Throughout this build the usual jewels of the Radiation Emission set, debuffs, are taken a little later with the potential of not being needed nearly as much. As such this non-targeted-team-heal (RA) taken early should, for a well clustered team, make up for the lack of +Res]

Level 2 - Accelerate Metabolism [For pretty expensive 50 builds you can get this (and hasten) permanent, we will have this multi-buff perma really early (after a few +recharge enhancements slotted) - this makes AM the most important power in this team, and we get it at the bargain price of level 2]

Level 4 - Fire Ball [It's a big ball of fire - nuff said]

Level 6 - Maneuvers [The defender in me wanted to swap this with the level 4 power pick (Fire Ball) but I think we need to learn to do the 'hard time' up until this level learning to a) Gather for staggered AMs b) Stick tightly together as a team AND c) Not take ourselves too seriously when the fireball agro makes for a promising entry into 'Most entertaining death of the week' award]

Level 8 - Super Jump [I'm not worried if you want to take another travel power - in fairness a travel power isn't likely needed this early but, as stated in more detail later, this team isn't about 100% efficiency AT ALL TIMES - I'm just not that highly strung]

Level 10 - Rain of Fire [It's fire falling from the sky - yes even indoors - best to not overthink it. More agro equals further potential award ceremonies for comedy faceplants.]

Level 12 - Dealers choice! Pick what you fancy from Radiation Infection, Enervating Field, Lingering Radiation, Mutation and Injection (from Medicine pool) [By level 26 we'll each have all five of these powers - in an ideal world we'd stagger and pick a good mix between us but I'm really not that draconian]

Level 14 - Ladies Choice! (don't ask why I called it that - sometimes I don't even know what I'm saying) Choose from Tactics and Assault [Another 'we will have both' soon enough. Although coordinating this pick might be wiser than Dealers Choice]

Level 16 - Dealers choice#2! [See level 12 and stop expecting me to spend ages copying and pasting the same rubbish]

Level 18 - Choking Cloud [This power will do one of two things 1) Move us into melee and so we can do the indoor fire rain dance with the bad guys OR 2) Be a total damp squib and require a swift (and embarrassing) respec - I'm hoping for the former]

Level 20 - Dealers choice#3! [Do I really need to point you at level 12 details again? I won't do it again...]

Level 22 - Ladies Choice#2! [It's like Dealers choice but this time you'll need to refer to the level 14 power explanation, I know what you're thinking…”Guff, you've over complicated this!”]

Level 24 - Dealers Choice#4! [You were warned!]

Level 26 - Dealers Choice#5! [Don't make me come back there! It really isn’t a choice is it.]

Level 28 - Blaze [Because AV's deserve it]

As you will have noticed I probably need a lie down, the plan for the last 8 power picks currently stands as;

30 - Combat Jumping*

32 - Boxing

35 - Oppressive Gloom

38 - Inferno

41 - Dark Embrace

44 - Soul Drain

47 - Tough

49 - Acrobatics*                         (*) Travel power dependant.

This however may have just been a good idea on paper but dull to play or the very best idea although ‘misunderstood’ and 'before it's time'. Either way folk will have walked away vowing to never again join a team with any 'Guff' related character...and who could blame you. If we do get this far then another bonkers discussion can ensue for these remaining powers.

Disclaimer: The application of this team idea is not about getting to 50 as efficiently as possible, it's also not about making 'the best possible team for all occasions'. Quite simply it's about having fun with (hopefully) a very uncomplicated character to play in a team of like-minded ‘lazy’ players. We'll have just one targeted buff (Injection) which we may never find is necessary, everything else is fire off at/near a bad guy, fire off into a crowd of good guys or the first 5 minutes of every session 'toggling up'.

I've deliberately only put this (for now) on the Defenders Forum as I'd like to see if it has any traction before the 'Where and When'. Also being my first post on these forums I need to see if my sensibility can cope with the 'YOU MUST HAVE A SONIC DEFENDER TO UBERZ YOUR TEAM DUMBASS!' or 'Dr.Aeon called, he wants his stoopid idea back!' before I consider making a second.

Lie down earned - you may need one too.

Cheers,

Guff.

• Like 1

If it's not broke, fix it until it is.

3 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Topic sounded good but the black letters on dark blue background are very hard to read . . . so I stopped . . . 'cuz I'm lazy and entitled . . .

CTRL-A to make your eyes bleed.

• Thumbs Down 1

For the lazy and entitled 😉

Fed up with endurance issues in the early game? Can't be arsed to slot every power 'to the max' pre-IOs? Want to feel like ‘old skool’ teaming tactics? Really don't want to beg for 'AE farmz plox' straight out of outbreak?

Well if you answered yes/maybe to these questions (even one would be a start) then maybe the following super-team is for you!

Maybe you hear super-team and think of glorified farming or running at ridiculous difficulty far too soon?

Maybe you hate forum posts that start with too many questions before getting to the damn point?

If you have the patience for pretty poor team leadership and multitasking skills? Then maybe, just maybe, reading this very pointless preamble could be worth your while.

Indeed the fact that you have read this far without throwing your mouse/phone at the wall means you might just be the hero this world needs but doesn't deserve!

Since reconnecting with this game just over a month ago (after many many years away) I've wanted to enjoy once more the barmy lunacy of 8 characters with 8 (almost) identical builds.

Having done it with Fire/Rad Controllers 'back in the day' I thought it might be nice to have a go with Rad/Fire Defenders?

For me the selling points are; 8 lots of Accelerate Metabolism, 8 lots of Maneuvers and 8 Fire Balls - all by level 6! 

When we hit perma-8xAM which will likely only require dumping recharge DO/SOs we find along the way, our stats will be pretty nice with very little else that will 'need' slotting. Out of the box, 8 lots of AM+Man+Ass+Tact, on a defender, will give us:

+240% Recovery

+240% Recharge

+240% Run/fly Speed

28% Defense to all (slotted with 3 even level SOs in Maneuvers that should be 43.68%)

98% +ToHit buff

Here's the build (deliberately not done in Mids to emphasize the general lack of slotting required and 'choices') [Included is a 'brief' reasoning for the power]:

Level 1 - Radiant Aura and your choice of Flares or Fire Blast [Throughout this build the usual jewels of the Radiation Emission set, debuffs, are taken a little later with the potential of not being needed nearly as much. As such this non-targeted-team-heal (RA) taken early should, for a well clustered team, make up for the lack of +Res]

Level 2 - Accelerate Metabolism [For pretty expensive 50 builds you can get this (and hasten) permanent, we will have this multi-buff perma really early (after a few +recharge enhancements slotted) - this makes AM the most important power in this team, and we get it at the bargain price of level 2]

Level 4 - Fire Ball [It's a big ball of fire - nuff said]

Level 6 - Maneuvers [The defender in me wanted to swap this with the level 4 power pick (Fire Ball) but I think we need to learn to do the 'hard time' up until this level learning to a) Gather for staggered AMs b) Stick tightly together as a team AND c) Not take ourselves too seriously when the fireball agro makes for a promising entry into 'Most entertaining death of the week' award]

Level 8 - Super Jump [I'm not worried if you want to take another travel power - in fairness a travel power isn't likely needed this early but, as stated in more detail later, this team isn't about 100% efficiency AT ALL TIMES - I'm just not that highly strung]

Level 10 - Rain of Fire [It's fire falling from the sky - yes even indoors - best to not overthink it. More agro equals further potential award ceremonies for comedy faceplants.]

Level 12 - Dealers choice! Pick what you fancy from Radiation InfectionEnervating FieldLingering RadiationMutation and Injection (from Medicine pool) [By level 26 we'll each have all five of these powers - in an ideal world we'd stagger and pick a good mix between us but I'm really not that draconian]

Level 14 - Ladies Choice! (don't ask why I called it that - sometimes I don't even know what I'm saying) Choose from Tactics and Assault [Another 'we will have both' soon enough. Although coordinating this pick might be wiser than Dealers Choice]

Level 16 - Dealers choice#2! [See level 12 and stop expecting me to spend ages copying and pasting the same rubbish]

Level 18 - Choking Cloud [This power will do one of two things 1) Move us into melee and so we can do the indoor fire rain dance with the bad guys OR 2) Be a total damp squib and require a swift (and embarrassing) respec - I'm hoping for the former]

Level 20 - Dealers choice#3! [Do I really need to point you at level 12 details again? I won't do it again...]

Level 22 - Ladies Choice#2! [It's like Dealers choice but this time you'll need to refer to the level 14 power explanation, I know what you're thinking…”Guff, you've over complicated this!”]

Level 24 - Dealers Choice#4! [You were warned!]

Level 26 - Dealers Choice#5! [Don't make me come back there! It really isn’t a choice is it.]

Level 28 - Blaze [Because AV's deserve it]

As you will have noticed I probably need a lie down, the plan for the last 8 power picks currently stands as;

30 - Combat Jumping*

32 - Boxing

35 - Oppressive Gloom

38 - Inferno

41 - Dark Embrace

44 - Soul Drain

47 - Tough

This however may have just been a good idea on paper but dull to play or the very best idea although ‘misunderstood’ and 'before it's time'. Either way folk will have walked away vowing to never again join a team with any 'Guff' related character...and who could blame you. If we do get this far then another bonkers discussion can ensue for these remaining powers.

Disclaimer: The application of this team idea is not about getting to 50 as efficiently as possible, it's also not about making 'the best possible team for all occasions'. Quite simply it's about having fun with (hopefully) a very uncomplicated character to play in a team of like-minded ‘lazy’ players. We'll have just one targeted buff (Injection) which we may never find is necessary, everything else is fire off at/near a bad guy, fire off into a crowd of good guys or the first 5 minutes of every session 'toggling up'.

I've deliberately only put this (for now) on the Defenders Forum as I'd like to see if it has any traction before the 'Where and When'. Also being my first post on these forums I need to see if my sensibility can cope with the 'YOU MUST HAVE A SONIC DEFENDER TO UBERZ YOUR TEAM DUMBASS!' or 'Dr.Aeon called, he wants his stoopid idea back!' before I consider making a second.

Cheers,

Guff.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

AHHHH!  Too bright!  My eyes!

Kidding aside, super-teams can be lots of fun and your outline follows some of the tried and true STs that folks like the Repeat Offenders have run over the years.

And yeah, eventually, you will need to choose a server and a date/time to get real commitments

• Like 1

Spoiler

+240% Recovery

+240% Recharge

+240% Run/fly Speed

98% +ToHit buff

Level 1 - Radiant Aura and your choice of Flares or Fire Blast [Throughout this build the usual jewels of the Radiation Emission set, debuffs, are taken a little later with the potential of not being needed nearly as much. As such this non-targeted-team-heal (RA) taken early should, for a well clustered team, make up for the lack of +Res]

Level 2 - Accelerate Metabolism [For pretty expensive 50 builds you can get this (and hasten) permanent, we will have this multi-buff perma really early (after a few +recharge enhancements slotted) - this makes AM the most important power in this team, and we get it at the bargain price of level 2]

Level 6 - Maneuvers [The defender in me wanted to swap this with the level 4 power pick (Fire Ball) but I think we need to learn to do the 'hard time' up until this level learning to a) Gather for staggered AMs b) Stick tightly together as a team AND c) Not take ourselves too seriously when the fireball agro makes for a promising entry into 'Most entertaining death of the week' award]

Level 8 - Super Jump [I'm not worried if you want to take another travel power - in fairness a travel power isn't likely needed this early but, as stated in more detail later, this team isn't about 100% efficiency AT ALL TIMES - I'm just not that highly strung]

Level 10 - Rain of Fire [It's fire falling from the sky - yes even indoors - best to not overthink it. More agro equals further potential award ceremonies for comedy faceplants.]

Level 12 - Dealers choice! Pick what you fancy from Radiation Infection, Enervating Field, Lingering Radiation, Mutation and Injection (from Medicine pool) [By level 26 we'll each have all five of these powers - in an ideal world we'd stagger and pick a good mix between us but I'm really not that draconian]

Level 14 - Ladies Choice! (don't ask why I called it that - sometimes I don't even know what I'm saying) Choose from Tactics and Assault [Another 'we will have both' soon enough. Although coordinating this pick might be wiser than Dealers Choice]

Level 16 - Dealers choice#2! [See level 12 and stop expecting me to spend ages copying and pasting the same rubbish]

Level 18 - Choking Cloud [This power will do one of two things 1) Move us into melee and so we can do the indoor fire rain dance with the bad guys OR 2) Be a total damp squib and require a swift (and embarrassing) respec - I'm hoping for the former]

Level 20 - Dealers choice#3! [Do I really need to point you at level 12 details again? I won't do it again...]

Level 22 - Ladies Choice#2! [It's like Dealers choice but this time you'll need to refer to the level 14 power explanation, I know what you're thinking…”Guff, you've over complicated this!”]

Level 26 - Dealers Choice#5! [Don't make me come back there! It really isn’t a choice is it.]

30 - Combat Jumping*

32 - Boxing

35 - Oppressive Gloom

38 - Inferno

41 - Dark Embrace

44 - Soul Drain

47 - Tough

Disclaimer: The application of this team idea is not about getting to 50 as efficiently as possible, it's also not about making 'the best possible team for all occasions'. Quite simply it's about having fun with (hopefully) a very uncomplicated character to play in a team of like-minded ‘lazy’ players. We'll have just one targeted buff (Injection) which we may never find is necessary, everything else is fire off at/near a bad guy, fire off into a crowd of good guys or the first 5 minutes of every session 'toggling up'.

Cheers,

Guff.

There, how about a version that just doesn't have unnecessary formatting?

3 hours ago, Bumguffy said:

+240% Recovery

+240% Recharge

+240% Run/fly Speed

98% +ToHit buff

Level 1 - Radiant Aura and your choice of Flares or Fire Blast [Throughout this build the usual jewels of the Radiation Emission set, debuffs, are taken a little later with the potential of not being needed nearly as much. As such this non-targeted-team-heal (RA) taken early should, for a well clustered team, make up for the lack of +Res]

Level 2 - Accelerate Metabolism [For pretty expensive 50 builds you can get this (and hasten) permanent, we will have this multi-buff perma really early (after a few +recharge enhancements slotted) - this makes AM the most important power in this team, and we get it at the bargain price of level 2]

Level 4 - Fire Ball [It's a big ball of fire - nuff said]

Level 6 - Maneuvers [The defender in me wanted to swap this with the level 4 power pick (Fire Ball) but I think we need to learn to do the 'hard time' up until this level learning to a) Gather for staggered AMs b) Stick tightly together as a team AND c) Not take ourselves too seriously when the fireball agro makes for a promising entry into 'Most entertaining death of the week' award]

Level 8 - Super Jump [I'm not worried if you want to take another travel power - in fairness a travel power isn't likely needed this early but, as stated in more detail later, this team isn't about 100% efficiency AT ALL TIMES - I'm just not that highly strung]

Level 10 - Rain of Fire [It's fire falling from the sky - yes even indoors - best to not overthink it. More agro equals further potential award ceremonies for comedy faceplants.]

Level 12 - Dealers choice! Pick what you fancy from Radiation Infection, Enervating Field, Lingering Radiation, Mutation and Injection (from Medicine pool) [By level 26 we'll each have all five of these powers - in an ideal world we'd stagger and pick a good mix between us but I'm really not that draconian]

Level 14 - Ladies Choice! (don't ask why I called it that - sometimes I don't even know what I'm saying) Choose from Tactics and Assault [Another 'we will have both' soon enough. Although coordinating this pick might be wiser than Dealers Choice]

Level 16 - Dealers choice#2! [See level 12 and stop expecting me to spend ages copying and pasting the same rubbish]

Level 18 - Choking Cloud [This power will do one of two things 1) Move us into melee and so we can do the indoor fire rain dance with the bad guys OR 2) Be a total damp squib and require a swift (and embarrassing) respec - I'm hoping for the former]

Level 20 - Dealers choice#3! [Do I really need to point you at level 12 details again? I won't do it again...]

Level 22 - Ladies Choice#2! [It's like Dealers choice but this time you'll need to refer to the level 14 power explanation, I know what you're thinking…”Guff, you've over complicated this!”]

Level 24 - Dealers Choice#4! [You were warned!]

Level 26 - Dealers Choice#5! [Don't make me come back there! It really isn’t a choice is it.]

Level 28 - Blaze [Because AV's deserve it]

30 - Combat Jumping*

32 - Boxing

35 - Oppressive Gloom

38 - Inferno

41 - Dark Embrace

44 - Soul Drain

47 - Tough

Disclaimer: The application of this team idea is not about getting to 50 as efficiently as possible, it's also not about making 'the best possible team for all occasions'. Quite simply it's about having fun with (hopefully) a very uncomplicated character to play in a team of like-minded ‘lazy’ players. We'll have just one targeted buff (Injection) which we may never find is necessary, everything else is fire off at/near a bad guy, fire off into a crowd of good guys or the first 5 minutes of every session 'toggling up'.

Cheers,

Guff.

Oh my. Hi ScarRad! *wave* UltraViolet ftw?

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

9 hours ago, Crowcus Pocus said:

Oh my. Hi ScarRad! *wave* UltraViolet ftw?

*wave* - don't recognise your forum name - but yes I'm one in the same; UV FTW indeed!

First thing I did when I found this game again was roll a Fire/Rad trolley. Think I was a little disappointed, with very limited playtime, that I could get to 50 in just over 4 weeks (no PLing or farming). Back on live I remember playing for longer than that and still not getting a travel power (level 14 in old money).

I very defiantly miss the challenge of good team tactics and synergy, I think I read it best somewhere else on these forums, someone said something along the lines of "Teaming in this game now is 8 characters soloing together." (mis)quoted for truth.

I've been playing on Excelsior (for no other reason than it looked busy when I first started) despite being in the UK but feel free to tap me up @Guffy if you have the need to talk rubbish or re-live past triumphs like speed-running Statesman's TF - wish I still had my build for my invul tank - I might actually reroll him.

Anyway to appease the forum Nazis I'll attempt the bring this back OT - if you're interested in some bonkers Rad/Fire superteaming let me know. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Techno said:

OFMG! Guffy! Is that really you?!?

Well I'll be! How are the cold climbs of Canada treating you - still there?

Not too familiar with OFMG - if not transposed it's a little sinister/inappropriate.

I'm not playing loads - probably because I haven't found other old idiots like me from Defiant to talk utter rubbish with in my newly created account. But yes it's really me.

@Guffy on Excelsior but everything seems possible these days. Be good to catch up in game some time!

*whispers seductively*  8 Rad Fires - you know you want to...

11 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

+240% Recovery

+240% Recharge

+240% Run/fly Speed

98% +ToHit buff

Level 12 - Dealers choice! Pick what you fancy from Radiation Infection, Enervating Field, Lingering Radiation, Mutation and Injection (from Medicine pool) [By level 26 we'll each have all five of these powers - in an ideal world we'd stagger and pick a good mix between us but I'm really not that draconian]

30 - Combat Jumping*

32 - Boxing

35 - Oppressive Gloom

38 - Inferno

41 - Dark Embrace

44 - Soul Drain

47 - Tough

Cheers,

Guff.

There, how about a version that just doesn't have unnecessary formatting?

Thanks for the fix dude - don't like typing long posts direct onto forums (just in case they screw up/go down seven eighths of the way through). I copied it from word and was too stupid to realise that the format wouldn't auto-change to something legible.

It was probably a daft/well trod path anyway and not worth the time it took to read my incoherent ramblings.

Thanks again.   

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bumguffy said:

*wave* - don't recognise your forum name - but yes I'm one in the same; UV FTW indeed!

First thing I did when I found this game again was roll a Fire/Rad trolley. Think I was a little disappointed, with very limited playtime, that I could get to 50 in just over 4 weeks (no PLing or farming). Back on live I remember playing for longer than that and still not getting a travel power (level 14 in old money).

I very defiantly miss the challenge of good team tactics and synergy, I think I read it best somewhere else on these forums, someone said something along the lines of "Teaming in this game now is 8 characters soloing together." (mis)quoted for truth.

I've been playing on Excelsior (for no other reason than it looked busy when I first started) despite being in the UK but feel free to tap me up @Guffy if you have the need to talk rubbish or re-live past triumphs like speed-running Statesman's TF - wish I still had my build for my invul tank - I might actually reroll him.

Anyway to appease the forum Nazis I'll attempt the bring this back OT - if you're interested in some bonkers Rad/Fire superteaming let me know. 

S'me, False Fiction -- the one who got you the Fire/Rad bug.

As soon as I learned about the existence of HC I've reached out to Lee, Techno and Princey and we immediately started playing again. Tux and a few other folks back from live joined too. We didn't have your contact so I searched the forums for your name but no joy.

But now, here you are! Older and slower than ever.

I'll add you in game as soon as I can. (@CrowcusPocus)

Edited by Crowcus Pocus

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

7 minutes ago, Crowcus Pocus said:

S'me, False Fiction -- the one who got you the Fire/Rad bug.

As soon as I learned about the existence of HC I've reached out to Lee, Techno and Princey and we immediately started playing again. Tux and a few other folks back from live joined too. We didn't have your contact so I searched the forums for your name but no joy.

But now, here you are! Older and slower than ever.

I'll add you in game as soon as I can. (@CrowcusPocus)

Holy S**TBAGS! Falsey!!!!! - these posts have made my day! Older (tick), Slower (tick) - you missed the ability to faceplant at any opportunity (tick tick tick).

You are the reason for this Rad obsession! You were probably instrumental in countless other nuclear disasters globally too!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bumguffy said:

Well I'll be! How are the cold climbs of Canada treating you - still there?

Not too familiar with OFMG - if not transposed it's a little sinister/inappropriate.

I'm not playing loads - probably because I haven't found other old idiots like me from Defiant to talk utter rubbish with in my newly created account. But yes it's really me.

@Guffy on Excelsior but everything seems possible these days. Be good to catch up in game some time!

*whispers seductively*  8 Rad Fires - you know you want to...

I'm still in Canada. Married for almost 9 years and a dual Citizen now!

I haven't logged in for a few months but i will get on later and add you. I would be interested in doing the super team but not sure if i will be able to keep un with the schedule as I am 5 hour behind.

I will speak to you in game when I see you on. I will also DM you our discord channel!

• Thumbs Up 1

So I’ve left this to percolate for a week and it’s possible that this may have been a road most travelled however will attempt to stage this Rad/Fire defender team this Thursday evening 23:30 (GMT) on Excelsior underneath the left heel of Atlas.

I’ll likely be on earlier than this to potentially drum up some enthusiasm for more players, however if you plan to be there let me know here and I’ll save you a spot – despite the fact that I think I may be the only one.

Otherwise you can find me on the global handle of @Guffy in-game.

Cheers,

Guff.

• Bumguffy changed the title to Bird? Plane? NO SUPER-TEAM! Thur9thMar!
4 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

i would like to join, does it have to be Rad/Fire, or will any Rad do ??  What time is that EST ??

I think EST is currently 5 hours behind GMT so in your money that's 18:30.

I picked fire as secondary because it has early AoE power picks and a little extra damage over time. Other secondary sets largely fall into two camps;

1) Those that have nice extra de-buff effects - which if we need de-buffs outside of the Rad primary then I think we're doing it wrong.

2) Those that Knockback - If you love KB then this team is likely not for you. I plan to 'pull less' and 'wade in more' - taking the mobs where they stand (for the most part).

Hope this doesn't put you off? On the off chance that there is more interest than team spots I'll prioritise those who roll a Rad/Fire over those who roll a Rad/something else. Those that roll KB heavy secondaries will be encouraged to reconsider. My original thoughts for this team considered having a theme - 'Snow Fight and the 7 Dwarfs' (the bearded kind) which were all Rad Primaries and two each of the following secondaries;

Fire

Elec

Rad

Water

But different sets matured at vastly different times and so decided to keep it simple and go with a 'single' build. Plus the theme really didn't fit - someone should use it if they wanted to roll some sort of huge Snowperson with a mix of LotR style followers. Failing that you could go full on Disney....I digress - as usual.

Cheers,

Guff.

So far it looks that there is confirmed interest from:

@Guffy

@Techno

'GobbledyGook'

@FireChief

@Lady Grams (if not a card-carrying member of the KB club)

Potential interest from:

'Kito'

And if I can ply him with enough coffee to stay awake:

@CrowcusPocus (do starbucks deliver where you are?)

We'll start at level 1 or 2 (I may have already rolled 'FireyGuff' and took him through the tutorial - why have I done the tutorial so many times? not a good sign) underneath the left heal of Atlas this Thursday afternoon/evening or early morning Friday depending on time zone (23:30 GMT). Excelsior server.

First picks are;

1 - Rad Aura - and a blast of your choice

2 - AM

4 - Fireball

6 - Maneuvers

8 - Travel power (SJ for me)

10 - Rain of Fire

I'll try and drum up some in-game interest over the next couple of evenings if there's not enough here to fill a team. I'm not precious about 'how we play', maybe an initial streetsweep followed by missions/TFs? All ideas for fun can be discussed 'on the night'.

I wasn't planning to run at double xp outside the stuff you get for 'not playing' however if speed of levelling is important to the majority I'm easy. It's possible that anything less than 5 in this team could quickly become super-dull instead of super-team so may not start with less than this (obviously hoping for a full 8).

Look forward to seeing you there, and have a glass ready to raise for the team's first comedy alpha faceplant - almost certainly going to be me.

I'll update this thread if others confirm their participation.

Cheers,

Guff

I did a rad/ defender superteam with my SG back in the days of Live and it was awesome.  We were taking down GMs and AVs by the teens in the pre-IO days.  We had a mix of secondary powers that came with additional effects, ie rad blast for the -def, dark for -tohit, sonic for -res, etc.  Fun memories.

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

I'll try to make it.  I threw together a Mids build, taking into account that it would be a superteam, so less need to softcap and chase recharge as we will be boosting each other.  But I also picked up Sorcery and Soul Mastery for some more protection and damage when solo.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.4.7
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

AtomicPyronic Flea: Level 50 Science Defender
Primary Power Set: Radiation Emission
Secondary Power Set: Fire Blast
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Sorcery
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Radiant Aura

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal
  • (40) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance
  • (40) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance
  • (43) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 1: Flares

• (A) Superior Defender's Bastion - Accuracy/Damage
  • (7) Superior Defender's Bastion - Damage/Recharge
  • (9) Superior Defender's Bastion - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (9) Superior Defender's Bastion - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (11) Superior Defender's Bastion - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (13) Superior Defender's Bastion - Recharge/Chance for Minor PBAoE Heal

Level 2: Accelerate Metabolism

• (A) Preemptive Optimization - EndMod/Recharge
  • (19) Preemptive Optimization - EndMod/Endurance/Recharge
  • (19) Preemptive Optimization - EndMod/Accuracy/Recharge
  • (21) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Recharge
  • (23) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Accuracy/Recharge
  • (23) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Endurance

Level 4: Combat Jumping

• (A) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • (5) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (5) Karma - Knockback Protection

Level 6: Fire Ball

• (A) Superior Vigilant Assault - Accuracy/Damage
  • (13) Superior Vigilant Assault - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (15) Superior Vigilant Assault - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (15) Superior Vigilant Assault - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (17) Superior Vigilant Assault - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (17) Superior Vigilant Assault - RechargeTime/PBAoE +Absorb

Level 8: Radiation Infection

• Hamidon Origin:Enzyme Exposure

Level 10: Maneuvers

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (11) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 12: Rain of Fire

• (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (27) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (34) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (37) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • (37) Superior Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize

Level 14: Lingering Radiation

• (A) Pacing of the Turtle - Accuracy/Slow
  • (48) Pacing of the Turtle - Accuracy/Endurance

Level 16: Kick

• (A) Crushing Impact - Accuracy/Damage

Level 18: Mystic Flight

• (A) Freebird - Endurance
  • (25) Freebird - +Stealth

Level 20: Tough

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (21) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 22: Aim

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 24: Enervating Field

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 26: Blaze

• (A) Gladiator's Javelin - Accuracy/Damage
  • (37) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • (39) Gladiator's Javelin - Accuracy/Damage/End/Rech
  • (39) Apocalypse - Damage
  • (39) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
  • (40) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 28: Blazing Bolt

• (A) Sting of the Manticore - Accuracy/Damage
  • (29) Sting of the Manticore - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (29) Sting of the Manticore - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • (31) Gladiator's Javelin - Accuracy/Damage
  • (31) Gladiator's Javelin - Accuracy/Damage/End/Rech
  • (31) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)

Level 30: Inferno

• (A) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage
  • (33) Superior Avalanche - Damage/Endurance
  • (33) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (33) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (34) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (34) Superior Avalanche - Recharge/Chance for Knockdown

Level 32: Spirit Ward

• (A) Doctored Wounds - Heal/Endurance

Level 35: Rune of Protection

• (A) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance
  • (36) Aegis - Resistance
  • (36) Aegis - Psionic/Status Resistance

Level 38: Soul Drain

• (A) Armageddon - Damage
  • (43) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • (46) Armageddon - Damage/Endurance
  • (48) Armageddon - Recharge/Accuracy
  • (48) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage

Level 41: Dark Embrace

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (42) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
  • (42) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (42) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

Level 44: Soul Storm

• (A) Gladiator's Javelin - Accuracy/Damage
  • (45) Gladiator's Javelin - Accuracy/Damage/End/Rech
  • (45) Gladiator's Javelin - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (46) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (46) Gladiator's Net - Chance of Damage(Lethal)

Level 47: Mutation

• (A) Preemptive Optimization - EndMod/Endurance/Recharge

Level 49: Fallout

• (A) Ragnarok - Damage
  • (50) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge
  • (50) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance
  • (50) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge/Accuracy

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Vigilance