Master Debuffer?

Spankea

On 3/15/2023 at 5:52 AM, Spankea said:

Yeah, just choose a primary with fire or energy damage...

It's trivia time! Out of the 14 blast sets in the game, how many cannot light their own OSA? (answer at the bottom of this post)

Here are the sets that can:

• Fire, energy, elec, rad, beam rifle - You know what these do.
  • Pistols - fire ammo.
  • AR - flamethrower, ignite.
  • Archery - explosive arrow, blazing arrow. Technically only the dot of blazing arrow is fire. I promise you will notice no difference in play.
  • Sonic - all attacks are half energy or pure energy.
  • Water - Steam spray and geyser are fire damage. Yes, you can set oil on fire with water in coh. No, I am not kidding.
  • Seismic - Meteor has fire damage. "But it's a nuke!" Yes, with about the same rech as OSA. Always use them together.

This leaves the ones that can't:

Spoiler

dark, psi and ice.

And while 3/14, or 21.4%, is not negligible, it's also not really constricting...

...Especially since those easily get around the problem in 4* hardmode with reactive flawless interface. You're welcome.

Edited by Zect
  • Thumbs Up 4

13 hours ago, Zect said:

...Especially since those easily get around the problem in 4* hardmode with reactive flawless interface. You're welcome.

You can also take one of the epic sets with energy or fire damage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

15 hours ago, Zect said:

It's trivia time! Out of the 14 blast sets in the game, how many cannot light their own OSA? (answer at the bottom of this post)

Here are the sets that can:

• Fire, energy, elec, rad, beam rifle - You know what these do.
  • Pistols - fire ammo.
  • AR - flamethrower, ignite.
  • Archery - explosive arrow, blazing arrow. Technically only the dot of blazing arrow is fire. I promise you will notice no difference in play.
  • Sonic - all attacks are half energy or pure energy.
  • Water - Steam spray and geyser are fire damage. Yes, you can set oil on fire with water in coh. No, I am not kidding.
  • Seismic - Meteor has fire damage. "But it's a nuke!" Yes, with about the same rech as OSA. Always use them together.

This leaves the ones that can't:

Reveal hidden contents

dark, psi and ice.

And while 3/14, or 21.4%, is not negligible, it's also not really constricting...

Now which blast set has the highest chance to ignite OSA is what order?

1 hour ago, Spankea said:

Now which blast set has the highest chance to ignite OSA is what order?

You only need one attack to ignite OSA, and assuming it's slotted for accuracy, it will have a 95% chance to ignite it (yes OSA is subject to the 5% chance to miss). There are multiple sets in which every attack can ignite OSA (Beam, Electric, Energy, Fire, Radiation, Sonic), but that doesn't increase your chance, it just gives you a backup in case the first attack misses.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

37 minutes ago, Spankea said:

I wasn't aware that ice arrow has a 50% -Res effect till yesterday.

It doesn't. It debuffs the secondary effects of the target's powers.

-50.287% Heal Dmg, Absorb, Endurance, RunningSpeed, FlyingSpeed, Confused, Terrorized, Held, Immobilized, Stunned, Sleep Strength (all affected targets) for 60s
-50.287% Ranged, Melee, Area, Smashing, Lethal, Fire, Cold, Energy, Negative Energy, Psionic, Toxic, Base Defense, ToHit Strength (all affected targets) for 60s

The -res is in Entangling Arrow and Disruption Arrow.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/16/2023 at 4:47 PM, Zect said:

Not weird, throw water on hot oil and see what happens!

...just kidding, don't do that...

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

• 1 month later
On 3/14/2023 at 3:14 PM, Captain Fabulous said:

Then don't do 3-star content. 🤷‍♂️

You'll find a way. I have faith in you.

Well, if I may humbly add an even more applicable add to this, in 3 star content you are never soloing.  Chances are someone will in fact light up w/e you lay down.  
And 99% sure someone will have procs in some attacks to boot.  
I mean, in team make up, trick arrow shines without worry about igniting oil slick 

Trick Arrow
Cold
poison 

______

Dark
Rad 
_________

Someone who really knows how to play traps well will also argue it's a great set with vast potential. 

I seen Traps/Ice Defenders who know what they doing  melt things quickly 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later

As an added thought the new Storm Blast set can also ignite OS both directly with a couple powers and the lightning that procs as a result of Storm Cell.  And I'm enjoying the heck out of a Storm Blast/Trick Arrow character.  Chain Lightning on OS plus Scourge gives you an absolute sea of orange numbers to gratify your need for such.

• Like 1