Jump to content

Issues with Side missions in Mayhem Missions?


Recommended Posts

Afternoon Everyone

 

I just wanted to know if anyone else has encountered an issue with defeating the guest boss and spawns in the mayhem mission, getting the message 'key found' but then not having a location highlighted on the map?

 

Its happened a few times now, only once on each mission and I just wanted to know if this was a known issue and if it was just for a particular side mission type (kidnap, jail break, arson, etc).

 

Cheers in advance for any enlightenment

Some people are like Slinkies. Not good for much but they make ya smile when ya push them down the stairs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can't do the side missions first.  If you do, this is what happens.  Complete the main mission (rob the bank/stop the bank robbers), then you can hit the side missions.

 

Why?  Because Cryptic and Paragon didn't want players farming the side missions for things like temporary powers or badge progress by resetting the bank mission over and over again.

  • Thanks 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Luminara said:

You can't do the side missions first.  If you do, this is what happens.  Complete the main mission (rob the bank/stop the bank robbers), then you can hit the side missions.

 

Why?  Because Cryptic and Paragon didn't want players farming the side missions for things like temporary powers or badge progress by resetting the bank mission over and over again.

 

I thought this might be the case, as the first time it happened I was making my way across the map to the bank and I ran across one of the boss spawns, defeated it and the message appeared but no location. 

 

However last night I went straight to the bank (after wiping some fixtures and fittings for extra time), completed the robbery and the mission. Then went back across the map, clearing PPD spawns and the boss/minion spawns as I went. Still encountered the same issue, message and no location popping up for the side mission.

 

One thing I did notice was that the PPD spawns and boss/minions did in some locations have a tendency to interact, possibly with some of the minions getting wiped by the PPD before the bank robbery was done. This might cause the boss spawn to become invalid?

 

Cheers for the reply though, just wanted to check in case it was the case that the PPD break out was not marked intentionally, etc

Some people are like Slinkies. Not good for much but they make ya smile when ya push them down the stairs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, FeeFyeFoeFum said:

 

I thought this might be the case, as the first time it happened I was making my way across the map to the bank and I ran across one of the boss spawns, defeated it and the message appeared but no location. 

 

However last night I went straight to the bank (after wiping some fixtures and fittings for extra time), completed the robbery and the mission. Then went back across the map, clearing PPD spawns and the boss/minion spawns as I went. Still encountered the same issue, message and no location popping up for the side mission.

 

One thing I did notice was that the PPD spawns and boss/minions did in some locations have a tendency to interact, possibly with some of the minions getting wiped by the PPD before the bank robbery was done. This might cause the boss spawn to become invalid?

 

Cheers for the reply though, just wanted to check in case it was the case that the PPD break out was not marked intentionally, etc

 

 

I haven't noticed any issues with the mayhems, you have so much extra time if you pop a few cars and bus stops etc. and you know the bosses locations you can grab the key from them and head directly to the side mission (provided you also get the mob with the boss) . You will occasionally see them out of position/fighting PPD/LB spawns but if you have mids installed it'll show you their location even if they just moved around the corner. Grabbing the jail key and freeing the vill inside is one of the perks of mayhems over safeguards as they'll then follow you about smashing stuff for you and taking on mobs and assist inside the bank when you goto rob it. I also find it faster to hit the arson task prior to entering the bank just so i dont have to keep doubling back on myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

Why?  Because Cryptic and Paragon didn't want players farming the side missions for things like temporary powers or badge progress by resetting the bank mission over and over again.

 

I didn't even know you COULD reset a timed mission.  

 

In any case, I'm pretty sure I've done these things side-mission first before.  Will have to try it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have found for Safeguard, Bank first and then do the Side Missions.  Mainly based on that extra time is best added after the bank.

For Mayhems,  I do sides and destroy stuff first because you don't get extra time for destroying stuff.

I have never had any real issues though if I don't.

 

The jail never seems to come up as a waypoint for me on either, but I'm so used to it, and the Police Station is on the map.

 

And yes, you can reset time missions by talking to the contact, though I've normally just abandoned via the repeatable.  Normally for the Invader badge, but I did it as well for the Safeguard version.  (I have abandoned a Safeguard via the police contact, but not after entering.  I think it should still work)

I'm not sure if that is something that was added since I don't think you used to be able to abandon timed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once I saw this happen on the Skyway Safeguard.  It said stop the weapons deal but no waypoint marker.  I didn't bug it because, well I've done so many of them I knew exactly where the spawn point always is for that mission.  When will the Lost learn.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

 

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Luminara said:

You can't do the side missions first.  If you do, this is what happens.  Complete the main mission (rob the bank/stop the bank robbers), then you can hit the side missions.

 

Why?  Because Cryptic and Paragon didn't want players farming the side missions for things like temporary powers or badge progress by resetting the bank mission over and over again.


I did a mayhem recently and I'm pretty sure you can do the side missions first, but I think only one marker shows up at a time. It's a bit fuzzy right now cause I wasn't really paying attention.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For Mayhems, you can and should do the sides first.  This has been the case...... forever.  I do the bank last because if you start committing mayhem after you've robbed the bank, you won't get extra time for the destructible items.  You'll get the usual time for completing a side, just not for destroying parking meters, cars, etc.

 

The jailbreak doesn't create a waypoint but the jail is on the zone map.  In general if you get a key but no waypoint, look for the jail on the map.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just ran a PI Mayhem to confirm all that.  Yes, no waypoint for jailbreak.  Every other waypoint came up as normal before doing the vault.  I have four waypoints in the map and was able to run them all.  Racked up 30 minutes of time and then hit the vault.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, lemming said:

For Mayhems,  I do sides and destroy stuff first because you don't get extra time for destroying stuff.

 

 

Yes you do. You just don't get multiple bonuses. (You get, say, "1:00 for cars!" once, not for every ten you destroy or whatnot.)

 

Some stuff doesn't give a bonus, but quite a bit does. (Cars, trucks, think PPD cars are separate, dumpsters, etc.)

 

Safeguards, of course, you get time for stopping people who are destroying stuff...

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

 

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Greycat said:

 

Yes you do. You just don't get multiple bonuses. (You get, say, "1:00 for cars!" once, not for every ten you destroy or whatnot.)

 

Some stuff doesn't give a bonus, but quite a bit does. (Cars, trucks, think PPD cars are separate, dumpsters, etc.)

 

Safeguards, of course, you get time for stopping people who are destroying stuff...

I should have been clearer.  You don't get time for destroying stuff after the bank job.  Though I'm going to go dbl check that right now...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, lemming said:

I should have been clearer.  You don't get time for destroying stuff after the bank job.  Though I'm going to go dbl check that right now...

And confirmed.  Didn't destroy anything on the way to the FF Bank.  Got loot, came outside, destroyed a bunch of stuff, no time added.

Exited.  Came back again, walked in, destroyed stuff and time galore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later

Okay I was running a bunch of mayhem missions yesterday for explore badges and progress on the tasks (arson, impounder, etc) and I repeatedly had a situation where I would hit "key giver", kill them, say I got a key and then nothing.  Now what I saw was that there is that I think its the RAID mission that doesn't drop a waypoint.  I got arson (2x), Kidnap (1x), PPD (1x but there is the cop there too), pawn shop (2x).  No raid.  I plan on doing a little more testing before I totally bug.

 

- All done before Bank.  After bank no waypoint suddenly appears.

 

There use to be a set of maps that showed the actual spawn locations and the mission grantors but I for the life of me cant find them any more.  Not a vidiotmaps thing it used to me like paragon wiki.  But what I have done is after the mystery key drops I essentially go and click on every door on the map.  Nothing! as far as I have seen.  I mean Ive been doing them for so long, especially AP, KR, Sky and Steel to where I pretty much have them memorized.  Its gotta be the raid the deal mission.

 

  

Edited by High_Beam

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

 

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, High_Beam said:

Okay I was running a bunch of mayhem missions yesterday for explore badges and progress on the tasks (arson, impounder, etc) and I repeatedly had a situation where I would hit "key giver", kill them, say I got a key and then nothing.  Now what I saw was that there is that I think its the RAID mission that doesn't drop a waypoint.  I got arson (2x), Kidnap (1x), PPD (1x but there is the cop there too), pawn shop (2x).  No raid.  I plan on doing a little more testing before I totally bug.

 

- All done before Bank.  After bank no waypoint suddenly appears.

 

There use to be a set of maps that showed the actual spawn locations and the mission grantors but I for the life of me cant find them any more.  Not a vidiotmaps thing it used to me like paragon wiki.  But what I have done is after the mystery key drops I essentially go and click on every door on the map.  Nothing! as far as I have seen.  I mean Ive been doing them for so long, especially AP, KR, Sky and Steel to where I pretty much have them memorized.  Its gotta be the raid the deal mission.

Just ran Founders and the only one I don't get a waypoint is for the PPD breakout as expected.  Got a waypoint for the Arson, Warehouse deal, Hostage, and Pawn Shop.

 

And my version of vidiot maps (latest) shows the spawn locations; Red for PPD, Orange for Arson, Green for Pawn, Pink for Warehouse, Blue for Hostage

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, lemming said:

And my version of vidiot maps (latest) shows the spawn locations; Red for PPD, Orange for Arson, Green for Pawn, Pink for Warehouse, Blue for Hostage

Well that makes me happy to hear (and will download when I get home).

 

As for the deal mission showing, your report messes my hypothesis up, but that's why its a hypothesis so now I need to do trend analysis.

 

Who doesn't love linear fault isolation and analytical thought . . . oh wait.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

 

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...