Focused Feedback: Storm Blast

32 minutes ago, biostem said:

So just to be clear, do the "special effects" that occur within the storm cell, (the part referenced by: "the use of your Storm Blast attacks may create high winds and lightning within the storm cell, delivering stronger debuffs and causing damage"), rely upon the acc and other enh's slotted into storm cell itself?

Yes. Storm cell sits idle until you attack an enemy. Each attack has a proc chance tagged to it to cause high winds and another to cause lightning.

If for instance your gust triggers the lightning proc then storm cell will activate one of the lightning attacks that it has and will hit based on the accuracy of storm cell.

So in the end Storm Cell is at best 90.25% chance of hitting because it is dependent upon you succeeding with your attack first*

*95% x 95%

As with many psuedopets with unrelated attacks you have to be extra careful slotting.  Damage set IO's do not enhance unrelated aspects. So a set of Posi in storm cell will give the lightning attacks 48% acc enhancement, but the high winds debuff is essentially unenhanced.

I'm leaning toward 3 acc/dam HO's because then the Acc applies to both the lightning damage and the high wind debuff. That leaves me 3 more slots to play with on the power.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bug:

Storm Cell - inaccurate enhancement values shown on detailed power screen

Slotting a ranged aoe damage set into storm cell shows that it is buffing high winds when you open up the detailed powers on the enhancement screen.

In actuality it is NOT enhancing high winds, they are essentially unslotted in contradiction to the screen tip.

Example: full posi blast set shows 1.48x acc on all 3 lightning attacks and high winds. In game testing shows High Winds is operating at base acc of 1.0x

• Like 1

• City Council
15 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

So in the end Storm Cell is at best 90.25% chance of hitting because it is dependent upon you succeeding with your attack first*

*95% x 95%

Not quite, the procs are triggered using Activation Effect Groups, which means you can still generate a proc even if you miss with your attack.

• City Council
14 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

Bug:

Storm Cell - inaccurate enhancement values shown on detailed power screen

Slotting a ranged aoe damage set into storm cell shows that it is buffing high winds when you open up the detailed powers on the enhancement screen.

In actuality it is NOT enhancing high winds, they are essentially unslotted in contradiction to the screen tip.

Example: full posi blast set shows 1.48x acc on all 3 lightning attacks and high winds. In game testing shows High Winds is operating at base acc of 1.0x

I will have to go in game to look myself, but can you expand on this bug report (how did you verify)? And also, can you make a Beta Bug Report. It's difficult to keep track of bug reports that are only mentioned in feedback threads.

As for intended behavior, slotting Accuracy into Storm Cell is supposed to give that accuracy to Wind Speed and Storm Cell's Lightning Aura. Are you verifying that slotting Storm Cell with accuracy is not improving the chance to hit of the proc'd lighting/wind speed?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Booper said:

Not quite, the procs are triggered using Activation Effect Groups, which means you can still generate a proc even if you miss with your attack.

Ok that helps to simplify the issue for sure, at least as far as the "your attack has to hit" part, but granting the other things mentioned prior the power (and cells if not) should have about a 1.4 base accuracy so you can hit +3s with about 40%acc slotted into the power and would need 88% slotted into the power for +4s, since you're mostly reliant entirely on it's accuracy slotting and can't do much beyond that. This is only accounting for easy targets without any special defense boosts as well. For those you're completely SoL, so this is a pretty fair value for cell and cat 5 to have for their procs.

Edit: honestly too, I feel that this should be for the damage proc from the storms, but mitigation wise could still see the knockdown proc be authohit.

Edited by WindDemon21

1 hour ago, Booper said:

Interesting. I barely saw any lightning vs silver mantis when she went defensive and the ones that fired of course missed.

It may have just been a bad run on the actual proc chances of the attacks though. I'll try to retest that aspect.

1 hour ago, Booper said:

I will have to go in game to look myself, but can you expand on this bug report (how did you verify)? And also, can you make a Beta Bug Report. It's difficult to keep track of bug reports that are only mentioned in feedback threads.

As for intended behavior, slotting Accuracy into Storm Cell is supposed to give that accuracy to Wind Speed and Storm Cell's Lightning Aura. Are you verifying that slotting Storm Cell with accuracy is not improving the chance to hit of the proc'd lighting/wind speed?

image.thumb.jpeg.44ba64fca98393d0dc4c0cda56da3ef9.jpeg

Apologies, can't see to screen shot my enhancement screen so enjoy phone photo haha.

Posi Ranged AoE damage set 6 slotted in storm cell shows 1.48x acc in High Winds

But as you can see from the combat log it is rolling High Winds at base acc of 75% which is equivalent of unenhanced vs even con.

screenshot_230418-21-28-35.jpg

• City Council
10 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

Apologies, can't see to screen shot my enhancement screen so enjoy phone photo haha.

Posi Ranged AoE damage set 6 slotted in storm cell shows 1.48x acc in High Winds

But as you can see from the combat log it is rolling High Winds at base acc of 75% which is equivalent of unenhanced vs even con.

Are you seeing damage being enhanced? I see the bug you mentioned. Here's what's odd...if I slot SOs, the accuracy gets enhanced in the proc lightning. But Set IOs, no. I'm digging as we speak, but I don't have a root cause determined.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• City Council

Update, I think we have a fix identified and it will be in next build. Thank you @Frosticus for bringing up a very significant bug. Set IOs in Storm Cell and Category Five were doing nothing for the granted lighting/wind speed powers. In my opinion, I believe that would cause a significant impact to the DPS performance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Booper said:

Update, I think we have a fix identified and it will be in next build. Thank you @Frosticus for bringing up a very significant bug. Set IOs in Storm Cell and Category Five were doing nothing for the granted lighting/wind speed powers. In my opinion, I believe that would cause a significant impact to the DPS performance.

That may explain why there have been very different reports about high level effectiveness, if some folks were using sets and some not.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Booper said:

It definitely would hah.

On that subject based on what I mentioned above could we also get their base accuracy upped to 1.4 in that build too so those powers aren't pretty much capped out at only being able to hit +2s or lower?

Edit: PLEASE as storm is already a slotting nightmare taking pretty much 7 fully slotted powers leaving hardly any slots for your other pri/sec/pool powers. Needing to slot capped 95% acc in two powers (including the "nuke") and still not even guarantee +4s is extremely harsh. I'm sure nobody is going to cry OP by 1.4 base accuracy having capped hit chance against +1s for uncontrollable procs.

Edited by WindDemon21

2 hours ago, WitchofDread said:

Really loving this set. Definitely top shelf!

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already but i feel as though Storm Cell follows a little bit too slowly. 

it has but keep bringing up anything you see or feel. That is the point of testing. The more eyes and comments on the issue the better. 

Edited by Heatstroke

• City Council
12 hours ago, Frosticus said:

Circling back on this. The bug I thought you were reporting wasn't what I thought it was. I overlooked the fact you were referencing the Wind Speed proc, not the Lightning Aura proc. 

The reason why Positron Blast is not enhancing the accuracy is because Positron is classified as a damage boost, and windspeed does not accept damage boosts. This is the same behavior seen with MM pets.

So it's not a bug, but I will look more into it.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Booper said:

Circling back on this. The bug I thought you were reporting wasn't what I thought it was. I overlooked the fact you were referencing the Wind Speed proc, not the Lightning Aura proc. 

The reason why Positron Blast is not enhancing the accuracy is because Positron is classified as a damage boost, and windspeed does not accept damage boosts. This is the same behavior seen with MM pets.

This seems like a problem. People will have to slot a NON damage set in order to boost wind accuracy? Please consider adjusting this.

• Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

This seems like a problem. People will have to slot a NON damage set in order to boost wind accuracy? Please consider adjusting this.

Ice Mistral's Torment is a slow set that also boosts damage...but the accuracy and recharge stats are pretty wimpy. 

hUFeRgP.png

It's basically gonna boil down to Hami-O's as being the only viable way to slot the power at this rate. And that might get a little expensive since you need 3 Nucleolus Exposures and 3 D-Sync Decelerations to max out all of the stats. 

Edited by FupDup

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

• City Council
10 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

You can still slot non-sets to enhance all (SO, Hami, Basic IO) and alpha incarnates. 

• Thumbs Down 6

6 minutes ago, Booper said:

You can still slot non-sets to enhance all (SO, Hami, Basic IO) and alpha incarnates. 

I’m sorry but that is deeply unfortunate and I strongly suggest you reconsider this design. Add a tiny bit of damage to high winds if you have to. Please make slotting this power easy and intuitive. This is one too many sacrifices you are requiring to get good mileage out of the set.

edit: THESE powers, since this presumably applies to both SC and C5.

Edited by Wavicle
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

Right, especially cause there is already the base accuracy issue too which PLEASE INCREASE to at least 1.4x base.

Also, this is terrible behavior. There should be a way to code the power that ANY source of slotted accuracy/damage will enhance all procs within the power.

1 hour ago, Booper said:

Ya no, for sure. The bug I was reporting is a display issue in that the game tells you it is enhancing things that is actually isn't.

As you say, it persists across other powers in the game like MM's, some troller pets and powers like carrion creepers.

I'd argue that the issue is more prevalent in Storm Cell. It is a problem though as you can see in this thread where people are recommending to slot posi blast in the set, but that fails to enhance one of the main attributes of storm cell despite the ingame menu suggesting otherwise.

If you want Storm Cell to work properly/well it needs generic IO's or HO's

I actually didn't see the bug you saw, as my Posi Blast set seemed to improve both acc and damage of the lightning auras from storm cell as supported in the screen shot with Focused Lightning hitting for ~80 damage (base ~40 vs a pylon w/ 20% res)

2 hours ago, FupDup said:

Ice Mistral's Torment is a slow set that also boosts damage...but the accuracy and recharge stats are pretty wimpy. 

hUFeRgP.png

It's basically gonna boil down to Hami-O's as being the only viable way to slot the power at this rate. And that might get a little expensive since you need 3 Nucleolus Exposures and 3 D-Sync Decelerations to max out all of the stats. 

Ya, this aspect of the game is super confusing, but usually goes unnoticed because it rarely matters.

Slotting Ice Minstrel will not transfer any of those enhancement values to the Lightning Attacks even though the game's enhancement page will probably tell you otherwise. 

It is a "slow" set and the lightning attacks don't have a slow component, so it is disregarded.

@Wavicle is providing an easy solution. High Winds should do minor aoe damage and it would resolve most cases of this issue for people. But if someone did choose to slot Ice Minstrel, or Synapse they'd be shooting themselves in the foot unknowingly.

Storm Cell should also accept Accurate Tohit debuff Sets

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• City Council
1 hour ago, Frosticus said:

Ya no, for sure. The bug I was reporting is a display issue in that the game tells you it is enhancing things that is actually isn't.

Sadly, that is a limitation of the display UI. We only added info about the granted powers so folks can see what they do, but you're right the slotting is falsifying the information. We may have to remove that info from displaying.