Focused Feedback: Blast Power Set Updates

20 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

It looks like they want this to take advantage of the ammo types to differing effect.  You want damage and some control use incendiary rounds.  You want instant control use cryo and for longer more impactful control use chem rounds.  Or you have good old standard ammo.  There'd be no reason to switch off of chem ammo with most things being equal.  

That was really my whole point. The base damage is what SHOULD be equal. it's the other effects that would vary. Instant mag 4 versus longer duration, or in fire's case less of both but more damage with the DOT. It's already balanced with it having the same damage, so there is no reason that it should have a lower damage scale.

23 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

That was really my whole point. The base damage is what SHOULD be equal. it's the other effects that would vary. Instant mag 4 versus longer duration, or in fire's case less of both but more damage with the DOT. It's already balanced with it having the same damage, so there is no reason that it should have a lower damage scale.

Well maybe that's the point to make it do best internal damage on fire ammo and they are throwing cryo a bone since theirs doesn't stack and there's mostly little reason to use cryo bullets in comparison to the others.  The chem ammo version needs to be doing -dmg though if it's not.  

• City Council
1 hour ago, KittyEater88 said:

Will Domination (Defender/Corruptor)

• Recharge lowered from 14s to 10s (Damage unchanged).
  • Moved from T6 to T5.

The Defender version of this power has a 12s recharge time. The Corruptor version has 10s but it appears to have a lower damage value as well.

Can you post this in the Beta Bug Reports section? Can look into it later tonight, and I don't want this to get lost in the thread

• Thumbs Up 1

The copy tool has been down every time I tried to send my Assault Rifle blaster over, so I only recently got to try out the changes. My trip report is pretty positive.

Ignite works way better than I was expecting it to. The old burn patch was only really useful for dropping on yourself to scare enemies out of melee range (and trolling your AFK friends). With some tactical target choices, I found I was still able to use to keep enemies away. I'm sure it's going to be controversial, but as a defensive measure the fear is really useful. I see a lot of people complaining when this goes live, though. As the new heavy hitter of the set, you can't really ignore Ignite anymore, and the burn patches are really going to change how the set plays for most people.

I'm not a fan of the 2 second cast time, though. AR is a slow set in general, and I'm used to single-target attacks being snappier than this. The visuals also feel off. It's a 60 ft blast but the fire doesn't stretch very far. It looks odd, roasting someone from clear across the room. Numbers wise, the range is also inconsistent with other sets. The third, meatier ST blast in all other sets got bumped to 80 feet a while back. Maybe go back to the incendiary bullet, since it looks weird at range anyway?

The faster execution on the other attacks helps the set flow a lot better. Flamethrower and Sniper Rifle are much more usable, though the 0.2s reduction to Slug was barely noticeable.

Adding damage to Beanbag is whatever. I'm still slotting it as a mez power, but it's a viable replacement for Burst. The bigger news is dropping the recharge. You can almost lock down a boss with Beanbag alone now. It's probably still an open question whether Aim should replace it, but blasters who actually use control in their toolbox (like me) are going to love this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

AR is pumpin numbers right now.  Pair it with a set that has Build up and it destroys.

The problem is sets and ATs that have no native access to BU/Aim.

It is notably slower to kill things when you don't have it.  So while the overall set is good, you're still going to do pretty good damage but you're not gunna kill as fast as an AR/Elec for example.

Too many pages so this may have already come up.

Could you please make sure the quality-of-life changes for psionic attacks are applied to Widows also?

(If while you're at it, you could make widow psi attacks have custom colors, that would be fantastic!)

Thank you!

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm not really a fan of the super wide cone for Full Auto, i haven't accidently pulled another mob with it yet, but since I still have to be in position for other cones anyway I'm not sure I see a need for the degree increase? 

I can't really see any direct harm in it yet, unless this is going to adversely effect procs from the larger area? has anyone been able to test that? there is just so much going on in the combat logs i haven't really been able to tell if it's effected that much or not 

if there was a need to change it (i didn't think there was) i'd rather keep the 20 degree cone and just have a slight damage boot to it

• Thumbs Down 7

3 hours ago, caveat emptor said:

I'm not really a fan of the super wide cone for Full Auto, i haven't accidently pulled another mob with it yet, but since I still have to be in position for other cones anyway I'm not sure I see a need for the degree increase? 

I can't really see any direct harm in it yet, unless this is going to adversely effect procs from the larger area? has anyone been able to test that? there is just so much going on in the combat logs i haven't really been able to tell if it's effected that much or not 

if there was a need to change it (i didn't think there was) i'd rather keep the 20 degree cone and just have a slight damage boot to it

Full Auto is not meant to be a precision pulling tool. It's meant to clear away trash mobs like minions in a large area, like other nukes. There are like 800 other AOE abilities in Assault Rifle with smaller radii if you are worried about that. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

On 4/23/2023 at 8:16 AM, caveat emptor said:

The cone angle DEFINITELY needed an increase, but I'd also say this increase is too big for the 80ft radius as well. Especially on blasters if used after a snipe it'll quite often pull mobs you don't want it to with it's current size, and it also hurts procs on it as well. The cone would serve much better at a 60 degree/60ft cone or so. If you still have trouble hitting 10 targets of the mob at that rate you're doing something wrong lol, but will help from aggroing mobs you don't want it to, plus lines it closer to buckshot/FT's cone while still giving it more area. On non-blasters too there are still also range bonuses, slotting etc if you want the range more than 60ft of course.

Edit: Or even still the 90 degree cone to match FT, but should still have it's range reduced to 60ft or there is going to be a lot of unwanted mob aggros. I've had this happen with the same range on umbral torrent on dark blast many times and I know what i'm doing with it. I knew it would possibly hit and aggro them but at least I was aware of it but that's only a 30degree cone too even. A lot of people aren't going to understand the cone of this size and this is going to cause problems it doesn't need to. 90degrees is great, but 80ft is too long at that angle.

Edited by WindDemon21
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 4/18/2023 at 2:42 AM, Captain Powerhouse said:

And you will notice we didn't do any changes to Archery this page despite it being well known it lacks in damage in other areas.

and why is that?

it would be cool giving Archery the AR system , instead of ammo , different type of arrows , fire , ice , lightining arrows for example....

of anything Archery needs love is an unique set, since there no other powersets that use bow (not counting MM) , but there is 100 ways to nuke things with elemental powers , boosting the ST a bit would help :) or if bringed something to the table

Edited by warlyx
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Developer
1 hour ago, warlyx said:

and why is that?

it would be cool giving Archery the AR system , instead of ammo , different type of arrows , fire , ice , lightining arrows for example....

of anything Archery needs love is an unique set, since there no other powersets that use bow (not counting MM) , but there is 100 ways to nuke things with elemental powers , boosting the ST a bit would help 🙂 or if bringed something to the table

Archery has some issues under the hood that needed more focus than we could afford this patch cycle. We will be looking at it again in the near future.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1