Macro For Sending An Inspiration as an Email Attachment?

KenRyan

I often want to send inspirations to myself in game via email. But having to open the email tab, click New, type "@My Username," drag the inspiration onto the window (which auto-populates the Subject, so that's good), and then put some random character into the mandatory Description window, is SUPER tedious.

I feel like there should be a way to automate at least part of this process? Like maybe have a macro that puts sends a particular (say, bottom left in the tray) inspiration to my username?

BlackSpectre put a ton of work into creating/updating a page for the /emailsendattachment slash command on the HC wiki. I'd start there, but I would also check out the host of threads that have been posted to the forums over the years regarding the use of said command. Briefly, it has issues if the character/global name has spaces, and in general it seems to be a tricky command to master (based on what I've read over the years in those threads I linked). I've never personally used it, though, so I don't have first hand experience with it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AboveTheChemist said:

BlackSpectre put a ton of work into creating/updating a page for the /emailsendattachment slash command on the HC wiki. I'd start there, but I would also check out the host of threads that have been posted to the forums over the years regarding the use of said command. Briefly, it has issues if the character/global name has spaces, and in general it seems to be a tricky command to master (based on what I've read over the years in those threads I linked). I've never personally used it, though, so I don't have first hand experience with it. 

Thanks! Well that might explain it then, since my global has a space in it. Sigh. Appreciate the info though.

• Like 2

Here's what I do when I want to put multiple things in email for another of my alts.

In the To field I type in my global  @user name(can have a space in it). Then I mouse over the entire selection and hit Ctrl+C. Then I will drag the inspiration or recipe or enhancement into the proper field and drop it. Then I just type something short into the main body because it has to have something. qq is adequate.

Then I send.

Then when I open to send another I immediate type Ctrl+V that immediately puts your global into the correct field.  Then send something else. It is very quick.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Send an email to yourself with all needed information and never delete it.  Just hit reply to that email,  add an attachment,  and hit send.  Saves typing your global, subject, and body at least.

• Like 3