Need some help with a Robots load macro issue.

Umbradomo

I use a load file that I've used for my other MM sets but the last upgrade seems to have an issue.

I was someone who could help with what I need to do to fix it.

The error is the pink error message I get in chat when I try to load this file, no other error messages just this one.

Thanks

divide powexec_location me battle drones
multiply powexec_location me protector bots
subtract powexec_location me assault bot
add powexec_name equip robot
numpadenter powexec_name upgrade robot

This or something similar happened to me awhile ago. Is it the keymapping file you're talking about? I ended up redoing my keybinds and either, "Save to File" or "Save as Default," just so that it's the same for all future characters I create.

Might want to post it in the Bugs or Help/Support channel. Even if it's happening on your MM, it may not necessarily be isolated to the MM AT. I remember the issue I described happening on my newly created Staff/Stone Stalker.

To clarify I guess,

This is what I use to load the file, and it's name,

/bind_load_file C:\covbinds\Robots.txt

This is said text file, and it's only the last line of the summons section, the second upgrade, that I get the error message for,

numpad4 petcom_all aggressive
numpad5 petcom_all defensive
numpad6 petcom_all passive
numpad7 petcom_all attack
numpad8 petcom_all follow
numpad9 petcom_all goto
lctrl+decimal petcom_all dismiss

Pink text in chat    bind "numpadenter" "powexec_name upgrade robot"

This is the only line I get an error message for, and it may be a naming issue since I never played Bots.

Thanks for any help. Not a big issue yet, as I'm not high enough to use that second buff power.

1 hour ago, Umbradomo said:

To clarify I guess,

This is what I use to load the file, and it's name,

/bind_load_file C:\covbinds\Robots.txt

This is said text file, and it's only the last line of the summons section, the second upgrade, that I get the error message for,

numpad4 petcom_all aggressive
numpad5 petcom_all defensive
numpad6 petcom_all passive
numpad7 petcom_all attack
numpad8 petcom_all follow
numpad9 petcom_all goto
lctrl+decimal petcom_all dismiss

Pink text in chat    bind "numpadenter" "powexec_name upgrade robot"

This is the only line I get an error message for, and it may be a naming issue since I never played Bots.

Thanks for any help. Not a big issue yet, as I'm not high enough to use that second buff power.

I have never really paid attention, but could the fact that you have not yet earned the power "upgrade robot" yet be a reason why a bind for said power is failing?

On 5/11/2023 at 7:42 PM, Mr. Apocalypse said:

I have never really paid attention, but could the fact that you have not yet earned the power "upgrade robot" yet be a reason why a bind for said power is failing?

That is not the reason. I installed this bind file when the character was around levels 2-3. Well, before I even had the first buff power or many others, and got no error message.

It might be helpful if you could post:

1. The actual bind file you are using 
  2. A screenshot (preferably cropped to show just the chat windows) showing the exact error message you are getting

Alternately for 2, you could type out the exact message you see (you can copy/paste right from the chat window in CoH) and post it here. Seeing the exact wording of the error might help illuminate the issue a bit better. And having a copy of the file will make it easier to check syntax and to try to duplicate the issue on the Beta server, if necessary.

I remember having a bear of a time getting the numpad to do the upgrades... one of the issues was the delay in the bots showing up. If the powers are recharging that can also be an issue.

I lost my bind folder, but what i had was a single key to cast the first upgrade, then load a file that would change the same key to cast the other (and restart the process):

/bind alt+numpad0 "sg Equipping Bots$$+down$$-down$$powexec_name Equip Robot$$bind_load_file j:\\COH_binds\bot_upgrade_2.txt"

(You can guess what the second file looked like)... I used the SGtell as a sort of 'debug' statement. In the Homecoming era there is no real price to pay for cycling 'too fast' through the upgrades, so I could hit the key more than twice and the worst thing would happen is to not lead with the power I want. You could put your own local tell to figure out which upgrade you just cast.

On 5/11/2023 at 7:20 PM, Umbradomo said:

This is said text file

I just did some quick testing on Brainstorm. I set up the bind file exactly as you show, and I saw a system error as you noted when I tried to load the bind file. I then deleted the blank line between the 'numpadenter' bind line and the 'numpad4' bind line, and saw no error. I reinserted the blank line and the error returned. So it appears that the blank line you've inserted in the bind file is causing the issue. Remove it and see if that doesn't clear up the error message.

The lines that say 'ATC NOTE' in the screenshot below are my own notes that I inserted with the /conprint command.

robot_bind.jpg.5b62284da9dce6be943a94fb869f686f.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/16/2023 at 9:57 PM, AboveTheChemist said:

I just did some quick testing on Brainstorm. I set up the bind file exactly as you show, and I saw a system error as you noted when I tried to load the bind file. I then deleted the blank line between the 'numpadenter' bind line and the 'numpad4' bind line, and saw no error. I reinserted the blank line and the error returned. So it appears that the blank line you've inserted in the bind file is causing the issue. Remove it and see if that doesn't clear up the error message.

The lines that say 'ATC NOTE' in the screenshot below are my own notes that I inserted with the /conprint command.

robot_bind.jpg.5b62284da9dce6be943a94fb869f686f.jpg

This worked for me. Many thanks and I made sure to remove any blank lines from my other bind file for all my other MM alts. I don't

remember them having errors but might as well make sure.

Edited by Umbradomo
  • Like 1