What does working of debt mean

savair

3 minutes ago, savair said:

Can I tell how much I have

If you hover over you XP bar it should show you XP: ### Debt: ### Patrol: ###

You can find info on it here: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Debt

• Thumbs Up 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

"Working of Debt" is a euphemism for "life".  😁

More seriously, Red has the gist of it, and the graphic at the link they provided will show you the debt.  The good news is: debt tends to be very quickly overcome these days.  In eons past it used to be a choker, especially if you were just getting your super legs and were falling in battle a lot.  Nowadays, especially in a team or league, it will quickly be paid back.  I actually had some the other day when I was in league on a mothership raid.  It was onscreen long enough for me to notice it, and then it wasn't.  Solo play is where it will last longer.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, savair said:

Can I tell how much I have

So, things to know about debt:

- Other than badge progress, it really didn't matter. It used to - I started in issue 3. First 50 was a blaster. I spent whole levels in debt in the late 30s (which was even more of a pain as it was easy to run out of content.) I also hit the old cap of 1.1 million, starting at zero, in one Hami raid. These days? The debt cap is lower, you get half debt in missions (a change from live,) and don't start accruing it 'til level 10.

- If you have patrol XP (the bits of the XP bar kind of colored in, which you earn just from being logged off,) it'll eat that first instead of actually being something to work off. If you have the experienced booster and fire it off while you have debt, it'll probably erase what you have.

- If you don't have patrol XP, XP earned (at least partially) goes toward "paying off debt." Doesn't affect your income.

- If you don't want to hover over the bar to see how much debt you have, use the Combat Attributes monitor. It's a handy little thing you can set up with up to ten attributes - I'll often have current HP, certain defenses or resistance percentages, Fury on a brute (just "damage bonus",) XP to next level, level shift, and INF, but there's a lot to choose from.  It shows up as a little window you can position on your screen.

Setting that up:

Here's a link to my old guide - it's on the wayback machine, so it might be a bit slow.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120904161832/http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=127734

461439977_CombatA1.jpg.e0f7a7a384151d6fc37f0d5013bd5d60.jpg1785626046_combata2.jpg.18bc561fff1f06fa3f6a5352968a96a2.jpg1708840045_Combata3.jpg.b57d1639c165969f1894cc60d4643db6.jpg

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

25 minutes ago, Greycat said:

So, things to know about debt:

- Other than badge progress, it really didn't matter. It used to - I started in issue 3. First 50 was a blaster. I spent whole levels in debt in the late 30s (which was even more of a pain as it was easy to run out of content.) I also hit the old cap of 1.1 million, starting at zero, in one Hami raid. These days? The debt cap is lower, you get half debt in missions (a change from live,) and don't start accruing it 'til level 10.

Here is a personal CoH-life-hack: Dark Astoria is good for collecting debt, once a character is "high enough".

If I am going for the High Pain Threshold Accolade power (redside), I often put off doing a Patron unlock until close to level 40; IIRC the debt cap at that level is around 120K. I'll pop into Dark Astoria, try to defeat anything and make trips to the hospital until I hit the debt cap. Then run a Patron arc to work off the debt. Repeat  once and the Unbroken Spirit bade will be collected. Doc Buzzsaw is also another fun redside arc to run at level 30-39 that can burn a lot of debt for a solo player.