Goldrunners

Inspired by this thread:

It seems there is a lot of quiet love for Gold side that isn't always reflected on the forums. I suggested it there but to continue to team build there risks derailing the original thread and also losing track of genuine interest so here goes:

The TL'DR bit: If you're interested in teaming goldside (Praetoria if there is anyone who does not know that - I'm aware there are newer players here in our amazing community) then this is an opportunity.

The intent would be to collectively pick a faction and path (it would seem Loyalists are favourite so far based on Mk 1 Eyeball scrutiny) and stick with it, turning off XP as required to complete an entire specific story arc from level 1 trainee through to Night Ward and primal Earth (at around level20)

I've never done that solo or in teams so we will need to rely on wikis, player experience and collective agreement - but there do seem to be distinct paths that we'd want to take to get the best out of the story. Obviously - as others have pointed out - we're not doing this for the XP so we don't need to murdersteamroll everything in our path nor do we need to race through the content with DXP boosters (in fact they should be forbidden) - this is a story experience first and foremost

If you're interested, sign up here and we can gauge interest and form teamage as applicable.

One final note: I'm in the UK - Timezones matter so GMT/UTC, so if you're in the USA I'm in your afternoon.

Let's party!

Edited by Scarlet Shocker
party
  • Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

I have done a Gold crawl before.  It was fun and amusing.  Crawls are not short.  I was a regular in the Cosmic Council crawls.  Red Blue Gold etc.  They tended to start with a TON of interest.  Then....  yeah.  We met once a week, but you might do something different, like every night for a week or two to knock it out.  Might change the pattern.  

Personally I love the concept.  I would love to meet with a regular crew and do define content.  Or defined team.  An all little green army team with rifles devices and traps.  I would actually splurge and spend to get PA for that.  It would be hilarious.  Or an all Space Marine Beam Rifle squad.  

I am rambling.  I would be interested.

• Like 1

oooh... now you have whetted my appetite even more. A theme team to run it. And yes I find that it only needs a hardcore group who are dedicated so likely to be a shorter run. I'm thinking 4 or five regulars plus any interlopers (Vykeen not included) who care to join casually. If we run one path succesfully we can reroll and do another perhaps.

• Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

I'd be down for it, assuming I don't have a RL interference.  On the subject of thematic, might it be something that feels like a fit in Praetoria?

EDIT:  Can we get it recorded either in video or stills and published?  Perhaps it will inspire others to join.

Edited by Techwright
Added a thought

I have no problem with either demo-record or live-streaming (but I'm rubbish at both so I won't be taking the lead on that personally)

I like the concept of theme too... how about something like weather? That gives us storm, water, ice, fire, electric... poison at a stretch and possibly even darkness.

Also we'd need to decide on a server. Perhaps if we chose one of the lower populated shards because a) fewer randoms to run into and b) boost the shard?

Edited by Scarlet Shocker
Server

14 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

If you're interested, sign up here and we can gauge interest and form teamage as applicable.

Keep me on the stand-by list; once RL aggro subsides and I'm back in game again I'll ping here or wherever is appropriate to see if this is still a thing.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

2 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I have no problem with either demo-record or live-streaming (but I'm rubbish at both so I won't be taking the lead on that personally)

I like the concept of theme too... how about something like weather? That gives us storm, water, ice, fire, electric... poison at a stretch and possibly even darkness.

Also we'd need to decide on a server. Perhaps if we chose one of the lower populated shards because a) fewer randoms to run into and b) boost the shard?

I like the theme stuff.  When I look at your list I think Frostfire Team.  Fire Ice powers.   Or….. Ice Water Storm Elec.  The hell of winter storms brought right to Praetorians.  Or….  Fire Meteor and Earth. Viva la real dirt league.   As you can see I like to narrow the focus.  If it was me I would pick one thing everyone had to have fire or ice or storm (an argument could be made Water Storm Elec are all one thing). Then the other power set possibly different but only if it fits the theme and concept.  Yeah, I take this stuff way to seriously lol

Edited by Snarky

interesting. I like how you're thinking Snarky? I'm rolling a Fire/Ice/Ice troller... how do we feel about a team where at least one of the three components must be ice and the others must be related to weather? We can call ourselves the Winter in Praetoria (you can probably tell I'm a big Gil Scott Heron fan 😉 )

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

interesting. I like how you're thinking Snarky? I'm rolling a Fire/Ice/Ice troller... how do we feel about a team where at least one of the three components must be ice and the others must be related to weather? We can call ourselves the Winter in Praetoria (you can probably tell I'm a big Gil Scott Heron fan 😉 )

I could easily run an Ice Ice Blaster.  Would be nice for slowing the incoming ambushes between KD patch and fat slows cone attacks. Gets its first rain very early as well

59 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Earth, Wind, and Fire?

Oh, wait, no Wind set.

Storm/Storm has enough wind powers to fit that theme, I'd say.  Even throwing lightning and rain/sleet/ice in there it's still "air" element themed.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Techwright said:

Earth, Wind, and Fire?

Oh, wait, no Wind set.

I actually have an earth/storm/fire controller by that name. Disco Diva

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

I could easily run an Ice Ice Blaster.  Would be nice for slowing the incoming ambushes between KD patch and fat slows cone attacks. Gets its first rain very early as well

Great call! I had an ice/en blaster on live that was devastating

• Like 1

I think I remember them... weren't they on Onion? You'd be very welcome to join us. I'm thinking one evening (UK time) a week to start - maybe 7-10pm - which would be 2-5pm Eastern US time.

ok, Climate of Fear is waiting in the Goldside training area on Indomitable... he's a Mind/Cold controller... I know not strictly speaking entirely weather related but I was inspired by the name.

5 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I think I remember them... weren't they on Onion? You'd be very welcome to join us. I'm thinking one evening (UK time) a week to start - maybe 7-10pm - which would be 2-5pm Eastern US time.

If you do that better make it a saturday or sunday.  Late afternoon east coast and midday west coast cuts your population weekdays

Put me down in the tentative pile as well. Saturday afternoons should tm be good for me most weeks, barring any family stuff. I made Ice Hawke, an Ice/Ice (baby) Brute on the Loyalist (can reroll if we go Resistance) side. Sitting at level 2 just out of the tutorial.

Edited by Skyhawke
  • Like 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

I'm sometimes available Saturday afternoons, depending on family needs, but I'm certainly game to appear as often as I can.  I'm more available Saturday evenings East Coast, but of course, that affects our European players' schedules.  I may have to be in the auxiliary to the main group, but I'm down for it.  Weekdays, work obligations and commute tend to leave me unavailable until 7pm Eastern, that's assuming I'm not called in for a special event setup at night.  Hoping to stabilize by moving to a better role soon, but for now, it is what it is.

• Like 1

Yep, tooting my own horn here!

If anyone wants canon-esque Gold arcs between Neutropolis and First Ward check my signature for AEs.  One trilogy of Loyalist (so far) and one completed trilogy of Resistance.  The second Resistance trilogy has two parts up.  I was writing a trilogy for each of the 4 options, Power, Warden, Crusader and Responsibility.  Almost finished Crusader, still have Responsibility to go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

1 hour ago, Darmian said:

Yep, tooting my own horn here!

If anyone wants canon-esque Gold arcs between Neutropolis and First Ward check my signature for AEs.  One trilogy of Loyalist (so far) and one completed trilogy of Resistance.  The second Resistance trilogy has two parts up.  I was writing a trilogy for each of the 4 options, Power, Warden, Crusader and Responsibility.  Almost finished Crusader, still have Responsibility to go. 

Sounds like a great way to go from 39 to 50 without going Hero or Villain while still doing Praetorian stuff!

8 minutes ago, Skyhawke said:

Sounds like a great way to go from 39 to 50 without going Hero or Villain while still doing Praetorian stuff!

I have just completed the first Loyalist trilogy and the first Resistance one, they cap at 25 to match in with entry to First Ward.  Can recommend!  Hoping @Darmian has the second Resistance trilogy finished by the time I get around to it on my long ass review/playthrough.

I suppose you could do those and THEN into First Ward.

Edited by TerroirNoir2
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, TerroirNoir2 said:

I have just completed the first Loyalist trilogy and the first Resistance one, they cap at 25 to match in with entry to First Ward.  Can recommend!  Hoping @Darmian has the second Resistance trilogy finished by the time I get around to it on my long ass review/playthrough.

I suppose you could do those and THEN into First Ward.

Head cannon would see them as my character reminiscing about old times just before jumping to Primal Earth. That way I can do them after finishing Night Ward and level up to 50.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1