Homage to He Man: Tank or Scrapper: Broad Sword, Titan Weapons or Super Strength ???

smnolimits42

Inv/BS tank.  According to Wikipedia, his power originates from the sword, so any true homage should include the weapon (which appears most like a broad sword, to me), from the cartoon:

He-Man documentary: Randall Lobb and Robert McCullum's film takes us back  in time to Eternia

More modern interpretation:

He-Man (Alex Ross's art).png

• Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Oh man - need the sword. Of the 3, I vote Broad Sword -  the animations are closer to the usual depicted style. But armor - Energy Aura. He sometimes absorbs energy blasts (or deflects with his sword); imagine Energy Drain is a good stand-in for that. But really in the end, need to set up some costume switching! 

**edit - and of course Scrapper (until tankers get energy aura - one can dream)

Edited by Nyghtmaire
AT ( not A-Team)
  • Like 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

3 minutes ago, Nyghtmaire said:

But armor - Energy Aura.  He sometimes absorbs energy blasts (or deflects with his sword); imagine Energy Drain is a good stand-in for that. 

Great take.  Agree, 100%, but that would mean Brute.  Still believable, for sure.

Edited by PLVRIZR
reworded
  • Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Just wanted to throw this out there.  He-Man, while he used the sword of power to transform, rarely ever used the sword to attack.  At most, if you could put a sword on his back as a costume piece, that would suffice.  He punched, kicked, haymakered, and did an assortment of throws and tests of strength to fight with.  Definitely a Super Str character, with a solid argument for Street Justice.  He was definitely Inulnerability though.  I would assume the lack of sword use in the cartoon was due to it being a children's show, and someone like He-Man, with super-human strength, using a sword to fight with, he would just obliterate things.

• Like 1

With the odd mix of magic and technology found in the MotU setting, mace mastery could make for an interesting capstone to some combination of broadsword and either invulnerability or shield defense.  You can even select the celestial mace as the weapon model, which has an axe head on it too...

54 minutes ago, smnolimits42 said:

i had a skeletor character once, i cant remember the powers i had with him though

Bio/Staff though I did get generic'd when his name was Heltor Skeletor; Now he's Generic Hero No. 001 with mostly generic costumes

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

According to Wikipedia, his power originates from the sword

True Spoiler:

Spoiler

The newer series retconned that away, the power resides within him, the sword was just a conduit to help him learn how to access and control it. Prince Adam even says "But isn't the sword what has always given me my power?"

I just noticed, He-man ironically has an Iron Cross on his chest and blond hair while being very buff, the peak physical form of perfection.  Not sure if there was a hidden theme there 🤔

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

13 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

I just noticed, He-man ironically has an Iron Cross on his chest and blond hair while being very buff, the peak physical form of perfection.  Not sure if there was a hidden theme there

Many historical symbols were usurped by hateful groups - doesn't mean every instance of them has to do with such loathsome intent.

Edited by biostem

17 hours ago, biostem said:

Many historical symbols were usurped by hateful groups - doesn't mean every instance of them has to do with such loathsome intent.

I know, I grew up watching this and didn't even remember it let alone maybe an odd picture over the years till now.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

• 2 weeks later