Content diversity

58 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

I guess the real question is - if you had a choice of having a scrapper or a stalker on your team when you are tanking, which would you pick?

Whichever one contacted me first. 

You do you.

• Thumbs Up 3

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Whichever one contacted me first. 

I think you know what I meant, but I'll take that answer because that is what I would do myself.

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

13 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I think you know what I meant, but I'll take that answer because that is what I would do myself.

Stalker. Learn to play the AT right and it'll outshine that scrapper 😛 I have a few myself of both.

But really learn to play the AT.

I hate to say it, but I think it's 100% apt here.

Edited by Seed22
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

13 minutes ago, Seed22 said:

Stalker. Learn to play the AT right and it'll outshine that scrapper 😛 I have a few myself of both.

But really learn to play the AT.

I hate to say it, but I think it's 100% apt here.

It looks to me like @UltraAlt does know how to play a Stalker right. An AT with stealth powers built into every secondary pool, attacks that do increased damage from stealth, and a means of quickly getting back into stealth against a single target? I play Stalkers routinely too and I agree with @UltraAlt. On a typical team, Stalkers run like they're Scrappers instead because the team doesn't grant the Stalker the time or opportunity to be a Stalker.

Also, just because someone may play an AT differently than you does not mean they are playing the AT wrong. So no, that statement is not 100% apt here.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

The PSA (Public Service Announcement) at the beginning of the thread was put there to try to avoid all the arguments and bickering.  I wanted to share ideas about new and inventive ways to design upcoming 4* content (yes, it means star and if you had to ask what that means, you probably aren't playing very much) so that all the AT's had something special to bring to the table.  There is a cookie cutter template that is used by most teams for 4* content and i was just hoping that we could all come together and come up with some original ideas about how to make things less of a pure DPS stack and more of a balance.  If you want to continue to troll and argue about everything that anyone says, you aren't helping anyone but yourself

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Mezicus said:

ideas about how to make things less of a pure DPS stack and more of a balance

I get your intent.  The question then becomes how to "deal with" enemies if you're not defeating them with damage.  Would you have enemies outright defeated by being held?  Would you have enemies that instantly become defeated if knocked back?  Your proposal is noble, but how do you implement it without mandating certain ATs or power types/effects?

4 hours ago, Mezicus said:

The PSA (Public Service Announcement) at the beginning of the thread was put there to try to avoid all the arguments and bickering.  I wanted to share ideas about new and inventive ways to design upcoming 4* content (yes, it means star and if you had to ask what that means, you probably aren't playing very much) so that all the AT's had something special to bring to the table.  There is a cookie cutter template that is used by most teams for 4* content and i was just hoping that we could all come together and come up with some original ideas about how to make things less of a pure DPS stack and more of a balance.  If you want to continue to troll and argue about everything that anyone says, you aren't helping anyone but yourself

No need to insult him he already said he only plays low LVL content. 

There arguing and bickering as you put it is just them trying to figure out the answer to your question and you did not bother to put anything outher then wouldn't it be nice if ____. With no real how to do it. 

The pure DPS stack is just the side effect to all games. WoW holey trinity is the sad truth to most games. As long as you can survive the the hot something can heal you to survive the next one and something can do enough dmg to kill what's hitting you. You win by default now it's just a game of how long. In the 4* super hard content everything gets boiled down to this one truth again.  

How can you just make a class needed for a 4* star tf but not so needed you can't play the tf without them? This is one main problem to your question and you have giving 0 idea on how to fix it. Your idea is everyone "brainstorm" for me. And as you have seen if you did bother to read the responses it's not as easy as just adding one thing. 

You can put controllers into dr aino 4* if they mind control the exploding gold brickers they won't hurt your team. Still people don't care about that it's easyer and more reliable to not count on that to just boil it down to everyone do X. That is just how efficiency and people who like to play hyper efficient build on hyper effecient  content like to play. I'm sorry that way bleeds out some clases like master mind or controllers there is always sacrifices in the goal of effecnetcy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I post this meme frequently . . . sorry.  But I do so because it is so often relevant. 

If you don't like the way some other group runs content -- whether that be too fast, or too slow, or requiring everyone to have T4 barrier, or requiring one tank, two cold corrupters, a kin, and four fire blasters -- your best solution is to run it the way you like it and find like minded individuals.  Then you can run medium speed with everyone having whatever powers they want.  Or whatever your plan may be.

BUT, (and that's a big but), you also need to either be OK with failing or figure out a way to make it work.  Because if you run unsuccessful teams over and over, people will stop joining them. 

And ultimately, that's why people go with what is tried and true.  There doesn't have to be "The one and only way."  In fact, there isn't.  There are many ways to succeed.  But there usually is one easy and/or fast way to do it and that's what most folks gravitate to.  But most is not the same as all.

IfYouBuildIt.jpg

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

IfYouBuildIt.jpg

Oooh+something+shiny_ef8d00_3617821.gif

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.