Field Combat Power Pool

I'm not sure of what name would suit this hypothetical power pool best, but the gist is that you are able to make use of some basic survival skills when fighting your opponents.

1. Knife - basic melee attack dealing lethal damage, with an additional minor lethal DoT.

2. Machete - a heaver melee attack, dealing lethal damage in a small cone in front of you.

3. Pilum - you throw a short spear, dealing ranged lethal damage.

4. Thick Skin - toggle granting some absorb.

5. Robust Constitution - auto power, granting resist to cold, toxic, and debuff/control effects.

Edited by biostem

15 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Change Machete to Gladius and you can call it the Roman Soldier set.

Not a bad idea, but I was hoping you'd be able to use some of the sword/knife models to allow for some customization...

6 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

Machete, Tough Skin, and Robust Constitution are all helpful in field combat, but I think that a hoe, sickle, shovel, or plow would be a lot more helpful than a knife and pilum.

Well, I wanted to utilize existing attacks that fit the theme and aren't present elsewhere.  In the context of this set, "field" means more like being "out in the field" in a combat sense, not necessarily a farm field...

3 hours ago, biostem said:

Not a bad idea, but I was hoping you'd be able to use some of the sword/knife models to allow for some customization...

Doesn't stop customization; it just makes the default power appearance linked thematically.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Rudra said:

Change Machete to Gladius and you can call it the Roman Soldier set.

Romans didn’t have knives, knives weren’t invented until ca. 500 CE when Irishman Puckett O’Knife needed to invent a sword sized for leprechauns.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1