Installing Vidiots with the Diag Client

I was running the Diag Client to help out, until I noticed all my badge locations were gone. Silly me not having them all memorized.

I attempted to use CityMods to fix this. It removed the Diag client from the Homecoming Launcher and when I reinstalled no badges.

Given how touchy it is being I am starting to wonder if Vidiots would cause some kind of data integrity error? Or would it be OK to just copy the file into the install folder old school way?

Thanks

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

15 hours ago, Zep said:

I noticed all my badge locations were gone

Which maps specifically were missing badge markers, and how old was your previous vidiotmaps install?

15 hours ago, Zep said:

would it be OK to just copy the file into the install folder old school way?

It should be totally fine. I included manual installation instructions for folks that preferred that method, or that couldn't use City Mod Installer for whatever reason. Be sure to also remove any old vidiotmap installations from your data folder, as those can interfere with new vidiotmap installs. Removal instructions are available under the Removing/Deleting Old Installations section of the vidiotmaps thread.

I can't think of any reason vidiotmaps would cause data errors but it is not outside the realm of possibility. I've been running the diagnostic client since it launched and I haven't had any issues with vidiotmaps. I've seen a report or two (on discord) of what appear to be corrupted map texture files, but those seem to be related to really old vidiotmaps installs.

Does the Diagnostic Client use the same resource folders as the main client? I am not seeing a separate installation.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

8 hours ago, Zep said:

Does the Diagnostic Client use the same resource folders as the main client? I am not seeing a separate installation.

It does use the same resource folders as the non-diagnostic Live client.

• City Council
On 5/25/2023 at 2:44 PM, Zep said:

I was running the Diag Client to help out, until I noticed all my badge locations were gone. Silly me not having them all memorized.

I attempted to use CityMods to fix this. It removed the Diag client from the Homecoming Launcher and when I reinstalled no badges.

Given how touchy it is being I am starting to wonder if Vidiots would cause some kind of data integrity error? Or would it be OK to just copy the file into the install folder old school way?

Thanks

I wasn't aware adding the Diag client would cause issues.  I've got this fixed internally, but will have to wait until I can get the program signed to release an update.