Login Server seems to be having issues

The game client was unable to connect to the login server. This may be due to a local network issue such as a firewall block, or may be because the login server is down for maintenance. Please check your network

I heard a few people complaining about this in general chat. I experienced it myself when attempting to switch characters, and am now completely unable to log into the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Same. I've spent the last 20 minutes restarting the computer multiple times, making sure the internet is connecting properly, and re-validating the Tequila launcher (before anyone asks, I don't like the HC launcher because I could never figure out how to use it get multiple instances to run at the same time for 2nd account).

Not sure what is happening.

EDIT: I saw Rizlazz's reply while I was typing, apparently it's a known issue.

Edited by Nuffdaddy2
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, rizlazz said:

the Discord is all over it, apparently some internal routing issues at the host datacenter.

Discord hates me for some reason. I simply cannot connect to ANY Discord server. I  do always try to connect to the HC discord server, though.

Regardless, thank you for the insight!

Edited by mechahamham

• City Council
1 minute ago, iiRagirth31 said:

I am running on a Mac. I have deleted my CoH folder along with the application, deleted it from the HD, restarted, installed from new, and I get the same message on both accounts of mine.

Did you read the other posts above?  It's an issue with the datacenter, nothing you do with your client is going to help.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Michiyo said:

Did you read the other posts above?  It's an issue with the datacenter, nothing you do with your client is going to help.

Since you seem to be knowledgable and a rep, do you have an ETA on when we might expect the datacenter to resolve this issue?

It's that AI that keeps getting stuck in places like Night Ward and Talos Island. I knew that thing was up to no good...

• Haha 2

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

17 minutes ago, Number Six said:

Here is all the information we have about it so far:

https://bare-metal-servers.status-ovhcloud.com/incidents/nmwmn9wtctmv

And

Identified
Start time : 01/06/2023 18:48 UTC
Service impact : The public network is unvailable.
Root cause : Issue on a network hardware.
Ongoing actions : Replacement of the equipment affected.
Posted 25 minutes ago. Jun 01, 2023 - 19:51 UTC

Yipe!

"Replacement of the equipment affected" can be anything from failing over to a hot mirror machine to some poor IT pleb digging around in a rack to fish out a dead router. I don't know enough about OVH to know which one is more likely. You'd think being a cloud provider, they'd be all about having like multiple blade-type machines they can spin up or down with a shell script as needed, but even then getting one up and configured can take a bit.

Thank you #6 and Michiyo for the update!

Edited by mechahamham

50 minutes ago, SallyGirl said:

Okay, I thought it was my computer or my firewall prohibiting it. I hope it is fixed soon. I was writing a bio on a toon, I hope that saved? lol.

Since CoH's built-in text editor is pretty awful, I always compose in a second application and then paste into CoH. This means that if you use one that does auto-saving, like, say, Sublime Text, you've always got something saved.

29 minutes ago, Number Six said:

Looks like everything is back up now.

I'm left wondering if this wasn't the cause of the same issue that was placing players into a login queue over the last week.

Regardless, thank you kindly for keeping us up-to-date on the situation!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Number Six said:

Looks like everything is back up now.

The issues seem to have popped up again. Can't get onto the server.

Edit: Seems I can with current heroes, but can't with newly created ones. Says "Lost connection to DBserver."

Edited by BuiltDifferent5