Most new players don't use inspirations

Diantane

1 hour ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

The P2W vendor has an option, by insp size.

I'll turn off smalls once my characters get past level 35.

It's one of the first things i do, that and buy reveal.  Smalls just don't do it for me

• Haha 1

7b7bc6f24d7339ac95b568c03466cced.jpg

• Haha 5

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

16 hours ago, laudwic said:

For myself, I have started to make myself constantly keep, at a minimum, one inspiration slot open.  If you think about it, the ability to use Inspirations is one of the best powers your character gets.  It gives healing to those without a self heal, break holds and similar effects, restore endurance, greatly increase damage, accuracy, resistance and defense. 

This is definitely my go-to strategy here.  Not only is it pretty constant (if random) buffs, it's pretty easy to trade out a medium (or large) in the burn slot for one of the smalls (or mediums) that you want to keep for later - so when a fight does go sideways, you can pop a single medium or large purple instead of 2-3 smalls (which I see happen all the time with newer players).

The only inspirations I do turn off are wakies - they're "sticky", and can't be simply clicked to burn them.  Even the small drops are nice boosts for just random fights.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Akisan said:

The only inspirations I do turn off are wakies - they're "sticky", and can't be simply clicked to burn them.

I turn them off too, but I keep a dozen or so stored in my email (not the auction house, you can't access that from inside a map like you can with mail) at any given time so I always have one available. Since they're not something I need in the heat of the moment it's no problem to navigate through my inbox manually to grab one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

I keep a full array of Inspirations but leave two of the slots open and just pop whatever drops as I'm running missions. It's fairly effective if somewhat random. If you don't turn off small ones and move fairly fast you can keep a surprising number of little buffs going.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

11 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

I'll turn off smalls once my characters get past level 35.

I usually do it at lvl 30. That seems to be the level medium and large inspirations start dropping.

I also have a storage bin in my base filled with large inspirations. Then if I die and rez to the base I can restock.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, Uun said:

I also have a storage bin in my base filled with large inspirations. Then if I die and rez to the base I can restock.

If you're not already doing this, when you join a Hami raid, keep your auction window open during the monster mash. As you get large inspirations, drag them into the AH window to stick them in storage, and Immediately pop the small and medium ones to maintain space for more drops. When you're done with the raid, strip the AH of the inspirations you stuck there, take them back to your base, and dump them in storage for your other characters before you restock your inspiration tray.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FupDup said:

Mine is filled with supers, since those are much more costly than larges and don't drop randomly. 

I've got a bin with those as well

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller