More Drinks, Please

Player2

So I was thinking, when we relax in the pool we can get a tropical beverage in a coconut... but outside the pool we can have coffee, tea, or Enriche.

Could we maybe have the coconut drink added to the standard drinking options?

Also, there's an oversized mug in the panhandle emote that could be used for drinking, too.

• Thumbs Up 3

It’s a very rare occasion when I have been disappointed by more drinks…

All in favor of more options for role playing opportunities and expression. +1

• Thumbs Up 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

11 hours ago, Techwright said:

Frankly, for the role-playing element, I'm surprised there's not steins, bottles, and martini glasses.  Bottles especially since that can cover a multitude of hard and soft beverages.

Would depictions of drinking alcohol have gone against the game's T rating when it was live.  Now, sure, bring on the wine glasses & beer steins!

16 minutes ago, biostem said:

Would depictions of drinking alcohol have gone against the game's T rating when it was live.  Now, sure, bring on the wine glasses & beer steins!

Not sure.  They certainly had no problem showing a fully-stocked bar in places, including base parts.  One gets around it by drinking from a ceramic mug?  That seems a bit odd.

1 hour ago, biostem said:

I want to say "yes and no". Alcoholic drinks were fine to have in the game. There are bars in the game and obviously alcoholic base props after all. You never see anyone drinking anything that someone could point at and definitively say "That's ALCOHOL!" though. And I'm pretty sure depictions of alcohol in and of itself are actually fine even for a T rating. It's anything that could be seen as "promoting" alcohol that would have been a problem if I understand it correctly. (And I admit it, that is a very, very big "if".)

• Thumbs Up 1

The coconut cup is obviously for fruit juice drinks, and a giant mug/stein is perfect for root beer drinkers.

Alcohol?  Why's it gotta be alcohol?  On the other hand, who's to say that the coffee emote isn't spiked with whiskey?

And do we know for certain that Enriche isn't an alcoholic beverage?  That's the problem with fictional products.

10 hours ago, Rudra said:

Enriche is specifically identified as water in the game. Mind control drug-laced water, but still water.

It's just a bottle.  You could empty a bottle and fill it back up with whatever you like.

I'm not saying I do that...  😁 

On 6/11/2023 at 4:18 PM, Vanden said:

You don't drink out of your money cup, every good vagrant knows that

We're not all vagrants.  Some of us just want a giant mug of root beer.

Get a job, you vagrant!  😝