Seed hamis on the market please

kelika2

2 hours ago, kelika2 said:

then why go through the effort to write essays in this thread?  UltraAlt I am going to add you to ignore.  Your posts are boring to read and you admitted yourself you do not have have or dont want any stakes in this but you continue to.. do.  That is the essence of trolling.

Because I know it will defeat the purpose of the game mechanics that they were designed to be a part of.

I explained that.

Are my post boring because they aren't short?

Your call and I can't argue with anyone putting anyone that they don't want to interact with on ignore.

However, I'm not trolling. And that is personally insulting.

I'm allowed to be  part of the conversation as much as anyone else.

I made my points.

I was discussing.

You are insulting me.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

9 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Because I know it will defeat the purpose of the game mechanics that they were designed to be a part of.

I explained that.

Are my post boring because they aren't short?

Your call and I can't argue with anyone putting anyone that they don't want to interact with on ignore.

However, I'm not trolling. And that is personally insulting.

I'm allowed to be  part of the conversation as much as anyone else.

I made my points.

I was discussing.

You are insulting me.

Agreed.

Edited by golstat2003
  • Thanks 1

• Game Master

I spoke to Number Six about seeding a while ago and the only thing the admins are willing to seed is salvage. Everything else is a free market and the prices do tend to stabilise. Some enhancements are meant to be ultra rare and expensive. Some recipes the same. You can make a really good build without ever going near D-Syncs or Hami-O's and while I understand the desire to squeeze as much out of a character as possible sometimes things are an inf sink. If you want to maximise your slots with multi purpose enhancements you can, it's just going to cost a lot of inf. I still think it's better than live where some of these were priced above the inf cap and people had to transfer 3-4 billion inf manually to a player to buy it. If we got to that point I think the admins would have to step in to cool the market down, but we are not in that position and hopefully never will be. As someone said above, you can always pop a bid in for much lower than the recent sale price. The chances are you'll probably get it, you just might have to wait a while.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

On 6/15/2023 at 9:11 PM, kelika2 said:

it already is.  80+40+40 is the only reason people go

Exactly i'm not wasting a reward table choice on a random HO that is likely to be one of the worthless ones

EDIT: Now if the HO Reward Table allowed you to select the HO you wanted well now that would be worthwhile

Edited by Chance Jackson
  • Thumbs Down 3

2 hours ago, Chance Jackson said:

Exactly i'm not wasting a reward table choice on a random HO that is likely to be one of the worthless ones

. . . said Chance Jackson

Take a chance!

It's not a bad chance either:  There are 11 HOs.  Lets assume equal distribution, so a 1 in 11 chance to get what you want.  But of those 11, four of them go for 10 million or more (Membrane, Cyto, Micro, & Nucleo)  another five sell for a million or more (although sometimes less, to be fair), leaving only two real dogs (Peroxi and Golgi).  So while you have a 1 in 11 chance to get any specific HO, you have a bit under 40% chance to get something good.  You could still get one HO and then pick merits for the other two Hammy defeats.

• Haha 2

On 6/17/2023 at 8:49 AM, GM Crumpet said:

I spoke to Number Six about seeding a while ago and the only thing the admins are willing to seed is salvage. Everything else is a free market and the prices do tend to stabilise. Some enhancements are meant to be ultra rare and expensive. Some recipes the same. You can make a really good build without ever going near D-Syncs or Hami-O's and while I understand the desire to squeeze as much out of a character as possible sometimes things are an inf sink. If you want to maximise your slots with multi purpose enhancements you can, it's just going to cost a lot of inf. I still think it's better than live where some of these were priced above the inf cap and people had to transfer 3-4 billion inf manually to a player to buy it. If we got to that point I think the admins would have to step in to cool the market down, but we are not in that position and hopefully never will be. As someone said above, you can always pop a bid in for much lower than the recent sale price. The chances are you'll probably get it, you just might have to wait a while.

i agree - an MMO is not a sandbox game, there will be times where certain outcomes take time to achieve

an IO costing 80-130m is nowhere near the crazy situation on live where things would go for 1bn+ if they were rare

there’s also a lot of affordable IO sets thesedays available to people who are without the time to earn enough inf for the shiniest of shiny. my kin def has a mixmatch of sets and does fine

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• 2 weeks later
On 6/20/2023 at 10:02 AM, Chance Jackson said:

EDIT: Now if the HO Reward Table allowed you to select the HO you wanted well now that would be worthwhile

No thanks. It's good the way it is. Obviously some folks ARE most definetly choosing the hami reward or none would be on the AH.

• Thumbs Down 1

On 6/20/2023 at 12:51 PM, MoonSheep said:

i agree - an MMO is not a sandbox game, there will be times where certain outcomes take time to achieve

an IO costing 80-130m is nowhere near the crazy situation on live where things would go for 1bn+ if they were rare

there’s also a lot of affordable IO sets thesedays available to people who are without the time to earn enough inf for the shiniest of shiny. my kin def has a mixmatch of sets and does fine

I've done level 50 charaters with best of the best builds (800 mil + builds) found on the fourms (or made myself after playing with MIDs for an hour) and I've made level 50 builes with min maxing sets and the game plays fine either way. Agreed.

COH is not that difficult that you need to always squeeze the best performance out of EVERY build / character you make.

• Thumbs Down 1

On 6/15/2023 at 2:56 AM, Rigged said:

Y'all know that frankenslotting and boosting set IOs will get you to almost the same values as most hami-o's, right? There are only a very rare few powers that benefit fully from a hami-o, mostly those that have multiple control effects or both tohit and defense buffs/debuffs.

I gave the above post a thumbs-up, but I did want to add this reason why I'd prefer the ability to convert (with an Enhancement converter) or convert via purchase (as with "Event" or "Archtype") using merits. My reason is that there are some attribute combinations that don't exist in an available set to boost., even if the power will take IOs that are part of a Hami/DS. The inherent greater starting values (for D-Syncs, for Hami-Os) means that even using a triple-attribute D-Sync is better than other options. (ehem: Threat / Accuracy / Recharge or Slow / Endurance / Recharge), but often it is just for something that can take both Accuracy and Range boosts (and no regular set piece exists for that type of power).

I should note: I almost always (but not always) use Hami-O and D-Syncs because I am trying to conserve slots. I have found a few powers for which there are no good choices of HO/DS even if I intend to frankenslot.

• Thumbs Up 1