Does Preventive Medicine Absorb Proc work in Health?

Sailboat

Sorry if this is the wrong forum -- I do not see a place to post about IOs and how they work.  I figured this is a build-centric location so it might be ok, but please point me elsewhere if there is such a forum.

I put a Prev Med Absorb proc in Health, but so far have not noticed it activate.  Does it not work in Auto powers?

Thanks!

According to Paragon Wiki:

"This enhancement has a chance every 5 seconds to give you an absorption barrier. If your health is between 31% and 75%, this power has a 10% chance of triggering. However, if your health is less than 31% there is a 100% chance of triggering. This effect can only trigger once every 90 seconds."

7 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

According to Paragon Wiki:

"This enhancement has a chance every 5 seconds to give you an absorption barrier. If your health is between 31% and 75%, this power has a 10% chance of triggering. However, if your health is less than 31% there is a 100% chance of triggering. This effect can only trigger once every 90 seconds."

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Main_Page

Homecoming wiki with updated information. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

15 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Main_Page

Homecoming wiki with updated information. 

From Homecoming Wiki:

"This enhancement adds a chance to grant an absorption barrier every 5 seconds. If current health is between 31% and 75% of max health, there is a 10% chance the effect will trigger. If current health is less than 31% of max health, there is a 100% chance the effect will trigger. The effect can only trigger once every 90 seconds."

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later
On 7/2/2023 at 2:56 PM, Sailboat said:

Sorry if this is the wrong forum -- I do not see a place to post about IOs and how they work.  I figured this is a build-centric location so it might be ok, but please point me elsewhere if there is such a forum.

I put a Prev Med Absorb proc in Health, but so far have not noticed it activate.  Does it not work in Auto powers?

Thanks!

Some misunderstandings to clear up but as others have said the short answer is yes.

Long answer: Procs all work in toggles and auto powers, when slotted they check every 10 seconds. Proc chance is calculated in bopper's ppm calculator easily.

Preventative Medicine: Chance for Absorb is not a traditional proc however, it is an enhancement carrying a single set bonus, the same as say luck of the gambler. This means that it's effect is ALWAYS on regardless of the power it is slotted in. As an example I have multiple characters with it slotted in aid other or spirit ward which I almost never use and the effect still triggers naturally.

Edited by Koopak

On 7/14/2023 at 11:30 AM, Koopak said:

Preventative Meditation: Chance for Absorb is not a traditional proc however, it is an enhancement carrying a single set bonus, the same as say luck of the gambler. This means that it's effect is ALWAYS on regardless of the power it is slotted in. As an example I have multiple characters with it slotted in aid other or spirit ward which I almost never use and the effect still triggers naturally.

On my Claws/SR with numerous places available for the LotG 7.5 rchg I actually ended up placing it in Vengeance and it definitely fires off there.

• Like 1