COSTUME PIECE REQUESTS

3 hours ago, BrokenGods said:

I hope I am not repeating an already requested item, but:

Hair options for the hats.

I have excluded hats that fit with a character because they did or did not have hair.

This would be a good thing, but also difficult to implement.  Right now, a hat/hair combo is a single piece that fits onto a bare head. Like a Lego minifig.

The devs would have to manually edit each hat to have different hair styles attached. So take the number of hats, and multiply by 3-4 hairstyles. That's a lot of work to do.

I do wonder how hard it would be to add a new selection slot under hats. If a single hat can have different styles, that gives the dev team room to implement hair options, one hat at a time.

21 minutes ago, strangething said:
4 hours ago, BrokenGods said:

I hope I am not repeating an already requested item, but:

Hair options for the hats.

I have excluded hats that fit with a character because they did or did not have hair.

This would be a good thing, but also difficult to implement.  Right now, a hat/hair combo is a single piece that fits onto a bare head. Like a Lego minifig.

The devs would have to manually edit each hat to have different hair styles attached. So take the number of hats, and multiply by 3-4 hairstyles. That's a lot of work to do.

I do wonder how hard it would be to add a new selection slot under hats. If a single hat can have different styles, that gives the dev team room to implement hair options, one hat at a time.

The reason why hats with hair in the game are a single piece and our hats don't let us choose a separate hair option to go with them is because the hats and hairs clip through each other when done separately. Like really, really, really badly clip through each other. To get around this problem, each hat has a specific hair that is designed to work with the hat, and that hair choice is part of the hat to prevent possible clipping between them. So to add a selection slot under hats to give players a choice for hair options for the hats, each and every hat would need to have all the possible hair options that would be included be (heavily) edited to fit that specific hat, done for every hat in the game, and again for every new hat to ever be added to the game.

More reptilian monster options, the only thing available right now is one generic, slightly iguana-ish head with no legs or decent tails! Where's my snakes, crocodiles, T-rexes and raptors? With modeled spines and scales to match!

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Rudra said:

You think the devs won't want clarification too? The more information provided, the easier it is to understand what you want.

Omg what is there to clarify only someone who is slow would need that. It's not that hard to understand or comprehend elemental capes my god.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, KingCeddd03 said:
On 5/19/2024 at 1:22 AM, Rudra said:

You think the devs won't want clarification too? The more information provided, the easier it is to understand what you want.

Omg what is there to clarify only someone who is slow would need that. It's not that hard to understand or comprehend elemental capes my god.

Are you asking for just the western traditional 4 humors of earth, air, fire, and water? Are you asking for the fantasy expanded list that adds light and dark? Are you asking for the taoist elements of fire, air, water, wood, and metal? Are you asking for capes that have the emblem of the element(s)? Are you asking for capes with the sign for the element(s)? Are you asking for stylized long capes? Stylized short capes? Are you asking for capes made of the element(s) in question? (And if so, how would you do an air cape?) Are you asking for elemental themed clasps as well? (Which would then also get the same questions as for the capes.)

• Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, KingCeddd03 said:

Kinda rude. I like it!

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

15 hours ago, Jack Spanky said:

More reptilian monster options, the only thing available right now is one generic, slightly iguana-ish head with no legs or decent tails! Where's my snakes, crocodiles, T-rexes and raptors? With modeled spines and scales to match!

Agreed!

There is a scaly option for monstrous legs, btw, but not for normal legs.

And I'm with you on the tails! Why is the reptile tail so tiny? I know the devs worry about clipping, but honestly, there's already a ton of clipping happening. Give us our big-ass tails!

• Like 2

Please can we have single shoulder mantle cape on the other side, so we can have weapon on back as well as this little cape with minimal clipping?

• Like 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

On 5/19/2024 at 3:45 PM, Rudra said:

The reason why hats with hair in the game are a single piece and our hats don't let us choose a separate hair option to go with them is because the hats and hairs clip through each other when done separately. Like really, really, really badly clip through each other. To get around this problem, each hat has a specific hair that is designed to work with the hat, and that hair choice is part of the hat to prevent possible clipping between them. So to add a selection slot under hats to give players a choice for hair options for the hats, each and every hat would need to have all the possible hair options that would be included be (heavily) edited to fit that specific hat, done for every hat in the game, and again for every new hat to ever be added to the game.

I thought that the hat/hairline meets horizontally in most candidate hats. Instead of connecting it to all styles, grab the four partial styles (hat-line and below), cut those from existing hats, and use those. The clipping should be minimal and much easier to edit. It should be less complicated if limited to the four styles already represented in hats (bald, short, long, and low ponytail).

v/r
BG

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BrokenGods said:

I thought that the hat/hairline meets horizontally in most candidate hats. Instead of connecting it to all styles, grab the four partial styles (hat-line and below), cut those from existing hats, and use those. The clipping should be minimal and much easier to edit. It should be less complicated if limited to the four styles already represented in hats (bald, short, long, and low ponytail).

That's still a lot of 3d editing, and not something you can automate.

How many hat options are there? 30? Even with only four hair options each, that's still over a hundred combos that need to be hand-edited.

I'd love to see it happen. But it's not going to happen soon.

Edited by strangething

There are several textures/patterns that are options only for the "Smooth" boots, not for other boots. I'd really like to see those ported over, particularly the "Bodysuit" options ported over to the Stiletto and Flat boot options as well. 

Please can we have a mask like the current hockey mask, but with a flat, shiny texture?

1 minute ago, kelika2 said:

particle capes.

either pure particle effects like flickering flames or snowfall

or have auras on capes

This would be very interesting.  We have a few wings that are basically just particle effects, so it should be possible.  My only issue is that some effects/auras don't display well if you're moving around a lot.  I wonder if they could implement something like animated textures...

33 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

Also Tail Belts.

3 minutes ago, biostem said:

Tails are a separate option already.  Can you clarify? 

Like @biostem said, belts and tails are separate options. So you can already have both at the same time on a character. So what are asking for?