Things that make you say "Hmmm..."

Techwright

1 hour ago, ZemX said:

Okay, this made me go "Hmmm...."   What's the ourdoor seating for.... at a jewelry shop?  And why then did they put up a wall blocking the view of the canal?

image.thumb.jpeg.a0cb0b05fd97b637b8ca6eb63016ce8b.jpeg

Reception area for potential clients. No need for a roof in the city that never rains. The high wall is because of aggtrolling types who might otherwise fling said high value clients into the drink.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

2 minutes ago, BazookaTwo said:

why do many mobs stand around in groups, when it would be more interesting if most enemy mobs were patrols?

Wanna see how much that would suck, do the Mek-Man Patrol Warehouse mission in the latter part of the Stephanie Peebles Arc.

Sadist 🙂

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

On 8/2/2023 at 7:42 PM, lemming said:

Used to be a cafe, but then a bunch of speedboaters kept splashing the customers, which caused the cafe to close, but their request for help still wound up going thru with the city putting the wall in.

And maybe its not a jewelry store selling diamonds but fun cupcakes with shiny sprinkles on them.  Then the wall makes total sense because soggy cupcakes are as sad as clowns on velvet.

Edited by High_Beam
typo
  • Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I'd also be interested in more places in zones where clicking on a door just gave you a random instance of a map. No mission arc needed. But only sometimes. 

One day it's just a Mexican restaurant, the next visit? Tsoo are there in droves (because obviously they want to corner the ethnic restaurant biz)

• Thumbs Up 3

27 minutes ago, BazookaTwo said:

You flatter me, but the term is masochist. I like that arc and that mission.

I inferred you to be suggesting that others would enjoy it hence Sadist, my apologies you masochist. 🙂

Edited by High_Beam

On 7/14/2023 at 7:45 PM, biostem said:

The one that really bugs me is when you come across 2 groups of NPCs seemingly fighting it out, only for them to turn, in unison, and attack you.  Realistically, some should attack you, some should continue to attack their original opponents, and some should kind of get lost in the fray... 

You don't know about the universal Villain unite vs Hero's pact? Enforced by a magically binding, curse enforced, sign in blood, witness by the Banished Pantheon, contract, every 'bad guy' threat level 1 or higher has to sign? The Villain groups ruthlessly eliminate (as in the cement shoes and go swimming kind of eliminate) any who wont sign willingly.

• Haha 1

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

On 7/15/2023 at 7:19 PM, cranebump said:

All that gambling in the Golden Giza, but no one is smoking. That is so not like Vegas.

Or Reno.

Smoking inside still allowed while gamboling and drinking. You know all the Cali people because they are outside at least 10 feet away from the entrance.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

• 3 weeks later
On 8/2/2023 at 6:07 PM, twozerofoxtrot said:

Paragon is simultaneously the most advanced and most ruined city in the US.

Bizarre. 

It is my theory that Paragon City and associated regions are trapped in a temporal loop approximating one year. Some individuals are able to experience limited progression, but are still subject to recurrence of the same events. Most people are trapped in a tighter range, often just reliving a particularly traumatic event, such as a purse-snatching, or that time a few loiterers got incinerated by some alien. Nemesis probably tried to flashpoint something and broke it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, on my Super Str Character who has knockout blow.

I have slotted a superior blistering cold chance for hold.

It works fairly reliably except when.................

I hit a flying enemy then...............

I get a floating iceberg in midair.....................

it's kinda off putting since you know physics & stuff?

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

2 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Perhaps you hit them so incredibly hard it causes their molecules to collapse and create a black hole a mere Quark in size, creating not only its on gravitational field but also causing a momentary "absolute zero" which we observe as them being held in the mid-air as a frozen iceblock?

Science can be both awesome and scary sometimes.

Edited by Neiska
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Neiska said:

Perhaps you hit them so incredibly hard it causes their molecules to collapse and create a black hole a mere Quark in size, creating not only its on gravitational field but also causing a momentary "absolute zero" which we observe as them being held in the mid-air as a frozen iceblock?

Science can be both awesome and scary sometimes.

woulda been easier to say "magic" 🤣

• Haha 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

On 8/25/2023 at 8:35 AM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

So no drop?  That is odd.  I've only played ice on range strikers, never melee (well, not since 2005), but everything flying that freezes drops to the ground or platform below them.